• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Any official word on Linux support?

Are you perhaps confusing Windows 98SE with Windows ME? I liked 98SE (I think a lot of people did)? Windows ME was an unmitigated disaster.

Actually I think I was. Going off of memory on that one but I think it was ME that was just junk but I want to say I had issues with 98SE but ME was the really bad one. So good catch.

With the way Microsoft usually has a awful OS every other release, I think that Windows 11 will suck, just like 8 does, or Vista did, all the way back to Windows ME.

:D

Back on topic, I seriously doubt that the RedFox Project will eventually support Linux, due to the fact that there are so many different distributions (flavors) of it, and that they will have to lock down any chance of the source code being released in the wild, allowing the Movie/TV Studios to get a good look at how AnyDVD works, and to permanently block it from working.

Last edited:
I seriously doubt that the RedFox Project will eventually support Linux, due to the fact that there are so many different distributions (flavors) of it

I already explained how that's not actually a factor in my last post. And now I think about it again, it's even LESS of a factor as well due to flatpaks which allow software to be installed on pretty much any distro. As to the source code of AnyDVD, reverse engineering tools exist and they work just as well on Windows programs as they do on Linux.

I already explained how that's not actually a factor in my last post. And now I think about it again, it's even LESS of a factor as well due to flatpaks which allow software to be installed on pretty much any distro. As to the source code of AnyDVD, reverse engineering tools exist and they work just as well on Windows programs as they do on Linux.
However it's a whole different ballgame with Linux than with Windows.

The developers of AnyDVD can say more about it, but if they definitely decide not to support Linux, then anything anybody can ask would be rendered moot.

:D

I'm a paid customer with RedFox, and I go all the way back to the Slysoft days 15 years ago. The RedFox Project people will continue to consider the Windows market and the people that use the OS like myself much more than someone else that haven't bought a single product from RedFox yet but came on here to promote a OS that only has around 2% of the world's marketplace. And I've seen a lot of people come on here over the years asking for Linux support, and they get the same result: No support for Linux.

I've been wrong before, and will be again, but unless the RedFox Project team gives out a official announcement, then nothing is going to happen with regards to Linux support.

:)

Last edited:
Back