Any News ON AACS MKB4?

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by mick2006, Oct 11, 2007.

1. mick2006

mick2006 Well-Known Member

Any of you slysoft guys know approximately how long it will be until the next update includes AACS MKB4 for HD DVD?

2. talon95

talon95 Well-Known Member

3. mick2006

mick2006 Well-Known Member

4. jdohn2002

jdohn2002 Well-Known Member

Will that update for the AACS MKBv4 work for the new BLU-RAY titles too or just the new HD-DVDs?

5. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

Only Peer or James can really answer this question.

6. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

It will work for Blu-ray titles without BD+. So define "the new" titles. :)
    BD+ will take a little longer.

7. blobb

blobb Guest

Considering how much money and effort they put into these protections, a little longer would be funny. Spend millions in development and get a few weeks of protection out of it. Sony and Fox would really deserve that.

8. Zeratul

Zeratul Well-Known Member

thats exactly what happens every time they release a new form of copy protection. :D:D

9. BluNose

BluNose New Member

BD+ - can it kill my drive ?

I heard BD+ can access the FW of your drive and change it. Making your drive a brick if you attempt to rip a disc that has BD+.
    I think we should avoid trying BD discs that have BD+ until this is cleared up.

I am a bit Worried !!!

10. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

Please don't worry. Just watch the regular discs until this is sorted.:agree:

11. blobb

blobb Guest

I doubt that very much, imagine the headlines "Blu-Rays can destroy your computer" and the lawsuits coming with it.

12. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Retired Moderator

Define "ripping". It's not useful to become paranoid because of something you may have heard. Now, if you were to try and play back a ripped disc that didn't have the protection fully removed, sure, I could see BD+ doing something bad. But, simply reading the disc? Yea, um, no. The definition of ripping is to read the contents of the disc. There's no way they would fry your drive for doing that. They can't distinguish between a ripping program and a player. So, relax, enjoy your movies, and wait patiently like the rest of us for Slysoft to work their magic on this stuff. If they come out with a version of AnyDVD HD that says it copies Blu-ray titles, you can be rest assured it'll do so without frying your drive. :)