• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Any news of BD+ support?

ano102

early november slysoft speak about a release of a version of anydvd HD that will be support BD+ before the end of the year ...

any news ? :confused:

This is why "artificial release dates" are a bad thing and why Slysoft doesn't like to give out information on future releases. People take the "by the end of the year" thing as a solid release date and wonder where it is when the software isn't delivered. As such, people are going to see this as some kind of broken promise which is not the case. Have patience. When they have it broken and working, I'm sure they'll release it.

This is why "artificial release dates" are a bad thing and why Slysoft doesn't like to give out information on future releases.
If Slysoft doesn't like to give out that info then why did they do so back in October? The main reason for people asking about the BD+ crack is the fact that someone from Slysoft mentioned that they had already cracked it and are in the process of finetuning.

If Slysoft doesn't like to give out that info then why did they do so back in October? The main reason for people asking about the BD+ crack is the fact that someone from Slysoft mentioned that they had already cracked it and are in the process of finetuning.

According to an article on a website that claims to be quoting people working from Slysoft, yes, that's true. However, not once have I seen anyone from Slysoft on this forum claim that it was going to be released "by the end of the year" or any other release date. And until I see something from a Slysoft employee posted to THIS forum, I remain skeptical that the information is valid. I have no doubt Slysoft will crack BD+. And I believe that once they do, they'll release a new version of AnyDVD HD to deal with it.

My theory (emphasis on theory) is that they are waiting for the new year when they switch over to the Euro (see SlySoft homepage). They will probably charge an upgrade fee for BD+ support (which I think they are entitled to do) and want to get the most out of what could be a large number of new customers.

If this is true, I think it makes perfect business sense, and I'd like to think that I would do the same thing if I was in their place. I am a very happy SlySoft customer, and will probably buy the BD+ upgrade when it comes out, even if it means paying in Euros instead of dollars.

My theory (emphasis on theory) is that they are waiting for the new year when they switch over to the Euro (see SlySoft homepage). They will probably charge an upgrade fee for BD+ support (which I think they are entitled to do) and want to get the most out of what could be a large number of new customers.

If this is true, I think it makes perfect business sense, and I'd like to think that I would do the same thing if I was in their place. I am a very happy SlySoft customer, and will probably buy the BD+ upgrade when it comes out, even if it means paying in Euros instead of dollars.

This is possible but only a theory. I agree with SamuriHL...until it is said here on a date the other source remains irrelevant to this point. Only the author of AnyDVD can state when it is done or will be released since the author is the person that does the updates to anydvd and don't count on hearing a specific time line or date from him. He is also working on DVDReClock too who knows this may be implemented in the newer version as well? Again my post is only speculating and doesn't represent the slysoft team what so ever.

OK I found the quote everyone is so insistent that was said here it is.
COPY AND BURN FIRM, Slysoft reckons it has cracked the beefed-up copy protection on Blu-ray disks, BD+.

It reckons it has the routine cracked even though Sony says its protection will be good for ten years.

SlySoft boss, Giancarlo Bettini says he has wonders "when people will understand that the more restrictions, pressures and protection measures that are applied to limit the functionality of a thing, the fewer sales that will result, not more."

According to German reports, Bettini reckons he'll have commercial Blu-ray disk-copying software out by the end of the year.
Note it doesn't say it will be released at the end of the year but it says and I quote again :
...Bettini reckons he'll have commercial Blu-ray disk-copying software out by the end of the year.

Definition-

reckons ---To think or assume.

[sarcasm]maybe he means the end of 2008[/sarcasm]

I recommend they do this from a business perspective. In fact, they would be stupid not to. Especially if they are planning on giving the upgrade free to existing anydvdhd customers.

I completely agree with turtle- I would pay extra for this too. It would be ultimate security- nothing they would throw at us we could not copy to our media servers.

i very much doubt the BD+ crack will be released until the current powerdvd flaw which allows bd+ to be played is fixed and new certs issued.

the AACS people are only allowed to release 4 updates per year, by releasing the bd+ crack now, they will likely fix both holes in one update leaving us stuck.

this way they will fix powerdvd, then slysoft will release bd+ crack which will take them another 3-4 months before its revoked and another method will be needed.

If Slysoft "breaks" BD+, then nothing they do will be able to fix that. The current "hole" that PowerDVD has that allows BD+ playback isn't even a hole, but rather Fox not using all the features of BD+. The BD+ VM should be capable of detecting whether or not the movie has been ripped, and either stop playback, or just refuse to do it's BD+ fixing to the movie, thus leaving it still corrupted. All they can do with BD+ is try to have it determine whether or not the playback environment is approved, so it can go ahead with fixing the corruption. PowerDVD has implemented the BD+ VM and will do everything it is told to do. If Slysoft implements their own BD+ VM, they can have it only do only the stuff necessary to fix the video, and ignore all the other integrity checking stuff. Once the extra BD+ corruption is gone, the movie should be just as good as if it never had BD+ to begin with.

you are forgetting a very important part of BD+.
It allows custom code to be executed in the player.

The "corruption" on each movie can be different, and each movie could have different decryption methods.

Breaking BD+ will be a never ending cat-and-mouse game.

you are forgetting a very important part of BD+.
It allows custom code to be executed in the player.

The "corruption" on each movie can be different, and each movie could have different decryption methods.

Breaking BD+ will be a never ending cat-and-mouse game.

That's my point. A properly implemented BD+ VM will be able to follow all these custom codes and do all the necessary decryption. If it just follows the decryption needed for one disc, then this would not be considered "breaking BD+." The hard part is implementing a BD+ VM, as the specs are not public (security through obscurity).

According to an article on a website that claims to be quoting people working from Slysoft, yes, that's true. However, not once have I seen anyone from Slysoft on this forum claim that it was going to be released "by the end of the year" or any other release date. And until I see something from a Slysoft employee posted to THIS forum, I remain skeptical that the information is valid. I have no doubt Slysoft will crack BD+. And I believe that once they do, they'll release a new version of AnyDVD HD to deal with it.
Since this has been discussed here plenty of times don't you think someone from Slysoft would have said something if those quotes were false?
One "I never said that" would have been the end of the discussions.

Charlie, you got the wrong quote, this is the relevant one:

In a statement, Slysoft's head of development, James Wong, said: "We already found a way to crack BD+ and we have just turned to fine-tuning." The technique, which the Blu-ray Disc format incorporates in addition to AACS, is "on the verge of being circumvented", Slysoft said, adding it expects to ship a version of its software that can do just that "by the end of this year".

bd+ copy play back on standalone is possible.

My bd+ copys work just fine for me,flawless
in my stand alone bds300 but I repeat not in my
ps3 u get the red fox update screen before the main movie
and its jitters for their..

is any. One burning bluray discs and trying different playback methods

Why would my standalone player play all my fox copys bd+
Bds300, I am the only with this luck I don't think so?

Strange as the Sony BDP-S300 (which I assume you are referring to) isn't even supposed to support playback of BD-R or BD-RE discs. Did you try playing back the movie or just thru as far as the menu? as it's the movie that normally has the encryption on not all the trailers and menus

Yes your right its a sonybdp- s300

evern robocop, the day after tomorrom,
diehard , work fine had made copys momths ago
but did not work in ps3..

Back