• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Any DVD will not update

adk49er

When trying to update to a newer version of Any DVD, the Fox Tray Icon disappears when I click on install, and it will not update the version. During installation it says - Error opening file for writing. The files are,
C:\Progrom Files\Slysoft\Any DVD\Any Dialog.dll and
C:\Program Files\Slysoft\Any DVD\Any DVD tray.exe.
I have deleted and reinstalled Any DVD, Rebooted etc. Security or administrator settings don't seem to be the problem. I'm running Vista. Thanks
Respectfully, ADK49er

When trying to update to a newer version and it will not update the version. During installation it says - Error opening file for writing.

Have that happen occasionally with other programs as well... You can either boot to safe mode and install from there (works every time), or re-boot and delete the "offending" file(s) from the Program Directory folder and then install..

Not sure why it happens but when I get that error and I check the file, the "Security" tab says I have no permissions at that time... And, I'm the only user AND the Administrator on the PC. And, happens with both Vista & Windows 7.

I've never had any problem getting an update installed using the procedure I listed above... Some programs can't be installed in Safe Mode and deleting the "offending" file always works for those..

It won't let me delete the offending file. I get a "You need permission to perform this action". Gotta love Vista. I booted in Safe Mode and it did update successfully. Thank you sooo much, Joanna. I'm still looking for a permanent fix, but Safe Mode will work until then.
Respectfully, Mike

Back