• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Any DVD turned off

pghfrftr

My "Any DVD" was fine the last time I used it. Now I get an error message that "Any DVD" is turned off. Can any one tell me what I did to cause this, and how I turn it back on. I see "On" is 1, and "Off" is 0, but can't figure out how to do this.

Right click the little fox and make sure there is a checkmark next to "Enable AnyDVD".

Past that.. know that AnyDVD will turn itself "off" if you insert a blank disk etc..

Test it with a movie DVD - it outta work.

-W

AnyDVD Shut itself off??

Past that.. know that AnyDVD will turn itself "off" if you insert a blank disk etc..

Test it with a movie DVD - it outta work.

-W[/QUOTE] Why should AnyDVD turn itself 'off'? I would think that would be a major annoyance. Can this feature be made optional for those of us well seasoned in the usage of AnyDVD?

Why should AnyDVD turn itself 'off'? I would think that would be a major annoyance. Can this feature be made optional for those of us well seasoned in the usage of AnyDVD?

The message just reads that way. It turns itself "off" for a blank disk because it has nothing to do.

Would you rather have to turn it off manually every time you insert a blank disk - so as to teach it a lesson as to how seasoned you are? :D

-W

AnyDVD Shut itself off??

The message just reads that way. It turns itself "off" for a blank disk because it has nothing to do.

Would you rather have to turn it off manually every time you insert a blank disk - so as to teach it a lesson as to how seasoned you are? :D

-W
I'm not sure if you're having fun with me or at my expense. I never lonly run AnyDVD when I need it. It's enabled bull-time, (when running). I guess it was a silly question. I can't recall a single time wnen I've ever put a blank disk in the drive other than to burn one. Still seems like an unnecessary function, though. What is the purpose of shutting AnyDVD off, (other than because AnyDVD has 'nothing to do')? I ask because it is nice when AnyDVD reports what type of blank you have in the drive. I am a legally blind person, and have accidentally grabbed a CD once or twice. AnyDVD let me know that I'd made a mistake. (Probably opened myself up for more ridicule...).

I'm not sure if you're having fun with me or at my expense. I never lonly run AnyDVD when I need it. It's enabled bull-time, (when running). I guess it was a silly question. I can't recall a single time wnen I've ever put a blank disk in the drive other than to burn one. Still seems like an unnecessary function, though.

That was bad wording so you misread: AnyDVD never turns itself off. It just doesn't become active for drives that contain no disc or a disc that doesn't require any handling. As soon as you insert a DVD, it "wakes up".
I'm not really sure, what you mean with "error message that AnyDVD is turned off". I'm not aware of such a message.

AnyDVD Shut itself off??

That was bad wording so you misread: AnyDVD never turns itself off. It just doesn't become active for drives that contain no disc or a disc that doesn't require any handling. As soon as you insert a DVD, it "wakes up".
I'm not really sure, what you mean with "error message that AnyDVD is turned off". I'm not aware of such a message.

Sorry, I was responding to the question by the original poster of this thread, and was just asking out of curiosity. I myelf halven't noticed anything 'unusual' about AnyDVD, but I had to ask. ;)

Back