• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Any DVD HD sees discs but cant access

StaticSurge

Hi guys I seem to be having a problem ripping HD DVDs with my NEC HD DVD drive. AnyDVD HD seems to see the discs fine in the setting area but can't access the drive to rip ( I get message "drive not ready" ). Windows doesn't seem to be able to see the disc either, at first I thought it might have been UDF but I read Vista has the necessary drivers. Here's some info Any DVD gives me
Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.1.7.4)
_NEC HDDVD HR-1100A 2.0T 070129A0
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a HD DVD.
Booktype: hd-dvd (version 3), Layers: 1
Total size: 6863776 sectors (13405 MBytes)

Any ideas? Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to give me

I wanted to add that Power DVD cant see the disc at all either and that windows sees the disc but says it cant read drive (says it cant read the file system) and the exact error AnyDVD gives me is "Drive G: Not ready" Please I'm desperate here! Anyone?

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Does your system see the disc now?

If the answer is "no" to "d)", then Anydvd isn't your problem. As Anydvd is not on your system, Anydvd can't interfere or block the reading process. Possibly your reader or burner is slowing dying, the original disc is bad, or a number of other possibilities exist as well

Back