Any DVD HD sees discs but cant access

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by StaticSurge, Sep 25, 2007.

1. StaticSurge

StaticSurge Member

Hi guys I seem to be having a problem ripping HD DVDs with my NEC HD DVD drive. AnyDVD HD seems to see the discs fine in the setting area but can't access the drive to rip ( I get message "drive not ready" ). Windows doesn't seem to be able to see the disc either, at first I thought it might have been UDF but I read Vista has the necessary drivers. Here's some info Any DVD gives me
    Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.1.7.4)
    _NEC HDDVD HR-1100A 2.0T 070129A0
    Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a HD DVD.
    Booktype: hd-dvd (version 3), Layers: 1
    Total size: 6863776 sectors (13405 MBytes)

Any ideas? Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to give me

2. StaticSurge

StaticSurge Member

I wanted to add that Power DVD cant see the disc at all either and that windows sees the disc but says it cant read drive (says it cant read the file system) and the exact error AnyDVD gives me is "Drive G: Not ready" Please I'm desperate here! Anyone?

3. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
    b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
    c) Reboot
    d) Does your system see the disc now?

If the answer is "no" to "d)", then Anydvd isn't your problem. As Anydvd is not on your system, Anydvd can't interfere or block the reading process. Possibly your reader or burner is slowing dying, the original disc is bad, or a number of other possibilities exist as well