• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Any DVD HD & power DVD 18 blu-ray won't play

Tom dexter

Hi I ripped a blu_ray to portable hdd in blu-ray DVD format using anyDVD HD 7430 and an older windows Vista machine with optical drive.
Power DVD 18 installed on a new machine running win10 won't play this ripped blu ray ..I get black screen.
I've ripped 2 other blu ray using same method and power DVD 18 plays them from the portable hdd on the win10 Mach.

The win10 Mach does not have anyDVD HD installed.

I can play the DVD using anymp4 or leawo players.

Does anyDVD need to be installed and running on the Mach you want to play ripped bluray on ?

IF you ripped keeping the protection you will have to have AnyDVDHD installed and running, if protection is removed then no you don't have to have it. HOWEVER AnyDVDHD does NOT rip a Blu-ray to anything except to a Blu-ray folder or Blu-ray ISO. It does not convert to anything else like a DVD. The folder or ISO must be played back with a REAL standalone Blu-ray player or PowerDVD.

I can play the DVD using anymp4 or leawo players.
Please avoid calling Blu-rays DVDs, that causes confusion. There are Blu-ray discs and there are DVDs. Two different things.

Hi I ripped a blu_ray to portable hdd in blu-ray DVD format using anyDVD HD 7430 and an older windows Vista machine with optical drive.
That's your problem there: AnyDVD 7.4.3.0 is by far too old to handle this disc, which has a rather recent protection.
You'll need a current version of AnyDVD.

He's even severely outdated under slysoft days. Last version there was 7695.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks apologies for terminology.

Will update to as far as slysoft key allows 7695. However as I said 7430 ripped blu-ray to blu-ray format and it was playing from hdd and still is playing from hdd using power DVD 12 and Asus f8va notebook running win Vista ultimate. It fails to play on win10/power DVD 18.

I've now converted the blu-ray files to mkv and can play using win10/power DVD 18.

IF you ripped keeping the protection you will have to have AnyDVDHD installed and running, if protection is removed then no you don't have to have it. HOWEVER AnyDVDHD does NOT rip a Blu-ray to anything except to a Blu-ray folder or Blu-ray ISO. It does not convert to anything else like a DVD. The folder or ISO must be played back with a REAL standalone Blu-ray player or PowerDVD.

Honestly can't remember Wether I ripped with or without protection but installed 7695 onto win10 Mach with power dvd 18 and left running in background and blu-ray failed to load. Accordingto cyberlink support ,PowerDVD 18 is looking for protection but can't find it so it doesn't load.

Hi Tom dexter, I don't know how many times I have seen PowerDVD choke on a "real" blue-ray with or without AnyDVD HD running. Seems like it wants to use the movie info database and if you don't allow it every now and then it thinks you are using an illegal copy of PowerDVD or something. I usually just reinstall it AGAIN and it works. I really hate that Arcsoft TMT quit and can't be used on WIN10 or I would still be using it.

Will update to as far as slysoft key allows 7695.
I'm nearly certain, that I read the title of the disc we're talking about somewhere here in the thread. But maybe I dreamt that.
If it is "some anonymous Blu-ray disc", there's not much information I can add.

But I was under the impression, that we were referring to a Screen Pass protected disc.
That will require AnyDVD v8.2.something at least.

Can't find the title anywhere myself either.

Back