• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Any DVD 8 subscription until yesterday

blank

I have renewed my 1y subscription.

But as it's unclear to custumers what happens when the subscription ends here's the result:

AnyDVD8 subscription until yesterday.png

Last edited:
Did the renewal have that expiration date to yesterday? Unlikely. When a licensed expires, the same thing will happen as in the SlySoft days. That version will continue to work but no updates can be applied past the expiration date.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

It means the program stops working when a subscription ends (old keyfile).

The renewal works of course (new keyfile).

Last edited:
No it doesn't, and never did either in the SlySoft days. It will continue to work. The only thing that stops is your right to apply updates. Applying a version later than your expiration date will give 'license expired' message. No more, no less.

No it doesn't, and never did either in the SlySoft days. It will continue to work. The only thing that stops is your right to apply updates. Applying a version later than your expiration date will give 'license expired' message. No more, no less.

-This is what I get with the old AnyDVD Redfox 1y keyfile.

-My old slysoft key keeps working with ver. 7.xxxx.

just wondering

Weird, that would be a significant change in the functionality neither me nor RedFox 1 were aware of.

@Ivan or @James is this a bug or intentional. 7.x certainly did not do that.

Weird, that would be a significant change in the functionality neither me nor RedFox 1 were aware of.

@Ivan or @James is this a bug or intentional. 7.x certainly did not do that.

I never had a one year license so I do not know, but I think it may have been the same. The lifetime license was different.

Did the renewal have that expiration date to yesterday? Unlikely. When a licensed expires, the same thing will happen as in the SlySoft days. That version will continue to work but no updates can be applied past the expiration date.
No, it is different now. If the license expires, the license to use the program expires.

Any chance that can be reverted or is it tied to the new licensing mechanic. Because if this change persist, I can imagine the influx of new topics like this going ballistic with angry users now that the 1st year has elapsed. I'd think allowing the last version but denying OPD access would be a better choice. At least under the old system they could continue to use the last version under their license.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Last edited:
No I'm not angry - but I think the old solution was of more use for the customers.

Not saying you were, i'm saying the other ones that experience what you did MIGHT be ;)

Buying a yearly license is a hassle for the customer , the lifetime purchase is less than 2 years of the yearly purchase, I believe the yearly is 59EUR and the Lifetime is 109 EUR. So if you purchase 1 year licences, even with only one renewal , it is more than a lifetime. And you never have to renew.

True but that's not the point here (that i'm making). Under the previous system, even if the license expired you could continue to use the last version your license covers. This seems to not be the case anymore and i'm guessing will probably anger a lot of users. Not just the 1 year ones, any time-limited license owners (2,3,4...). A much better solution i think (which sits a bit in between) in my would be to continue to let them use the last version their license allows (like under the old system), but deny OPD access.

@James your thoughts on this "solution" or my comment in post 10?

Buying a yearly license is a hassle for the customer , the lifetime purchase is less than 2 years of the yearly purchase, I believe the yearly is 59EUR and the Lifetime is 109 EUR. So if you purchase 1 year licences, even with only one renewal , it is more than a lifetime. And you never have to renew.

Except when redfox will shutdown and start over again with a new company name "braunfennec", forcing loyal customers to buy a new lifetime licence once again.
Come on guys, the lifetime pricing plan is not realistic. You may get a lot of cash on day 1, but who will pay for the perpetual updates of the program ? New customers only ? This model has been proven not profitable.

And as the search will tell you, they know that. They weren't planning on giving that option when RedFox started. It was the users that asked for it, and RedFox reconsidered.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Except when redfox will shutdown and start over again with a new company name "braunfennec", forcing loyal customers to buy a new lifetime licence once again.
Come on guys, the lifetime pricing plan is not realistic. You may get a lot of cash on day 1, but who will pay for the perpetual updates of the program ? New customers only ? This model has been proven
Come on guys, the lifetime pricing plan is not realistic. You may get a lot of cash on day 1, but who will pay for the perpetual updates of the program ? New customers only ? This model has been proven not profitable.
We are not forcing you to do anything. Either you buy it or use the old version that will not connect to the OPD. Your choice are simple. Join the project or don't. Force you, hardly.

Is there any progress on a new pay system yet. My one year expired last month and it was extender until 7/27/2017.

No not yet, when there's important news like that it will be announced :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Back