• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Any DVD 6.1.2.3 2007 02 15

shaun10

I have just switched on and straight away got a message that there is a newer version of any DVD out. I did as I normally do and went to the site and clicked the download and then when I get the run box tell it to RUN.

I then got this error "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item"

I have never had this before and trying again from the update email gives me the same error.

I did notice windows did and auto update of 10 item yesterday so wether one of those is causing this. Has any one else had the same and if so how do you get around it please. Also any replies please don't make to technical jargon wise.

Try going to the Slysoft page and downloading it from there. If that does not work, do a System Restore to a point before the Windows updates and try downloading AnyDVD again.
Windows updates, in my opinion, should be turned off or as least select "Notify Me But Don't Automatically Download or Install Them"

I too am having the same problem. I haven't been able to download the last to versions. Is there some other way to fix the problem other than going back to a system restore point? My windows software automatically updated weeks ago and I've made changes to my PC since then, plus I'm not sure of the correct date that I need to go back too.

Make sure you are logged in as Admin.

Try going to the Slysoft page and downloading it from there. If that does not work, do a System Restore to a point before the Windows updates and try downloading AnyDVD again.
Windows updates, in my opinion, should be turned off or as least select "Notify Me But Don't Automatically Download or Install Them"
A System Restore is a last resort. Sometimes it can create more problems than there already was. Always download Windows Updates. Otherwise you will be left unprotected from the various new exploits that we see on the internet.

Back