• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Any benefit to resampling to 192khz when output is still 48khz?

Ingram

Using DTS Connect, all my audio is outputted as DTS 1533kb @ 48Khz.

I can use Reclock to resample to 192Khz, which is then passed through DTS Connect and comes out as mentioned above.

I'm wondering if there is any benefit to this as opposed to simply leaving it as default?

I run everything at 50Hz, so all of my 23.976 FPS material is sped up. All my 25.000 FPS material is sped down for pitch correction.

DTS is lossy anyway, so any improvement in Reclock will be blurred out in the end...besides, god knows how your audio drivers would resample 192kHz to 48

compare them, let us know your findings ;)

Yea, I'd compare them, but since I can't even really hear the difference between using timestretching or not I think any opinion I'd form is void :p

stop worrying about all this if it don't matter to you.

I'd advise to get some room correction set up if you wanna hear differences, atm your room is your biggest bottleneck.

It does matter to me, I'm just unsure of what really is the best setting to go with. I'm sitting here experimenting right now with some headphones. Trying to establish if there is any difference whatsoever.

EDIT: It seems I can't get 192Khz or anything other than 48Khz to work outside of TMT3 or PDVD8. FFDShow flat out gives me no audio whatsoever?

Last edited:
if you have DDL I'd try 640kbit AC3 over 1.5mbit DTS, DTS is way overrated.

I output 48/96kHz from ffdshow and feed 24/192 to my soundcard...I don't use TMT or PDVD(god forbid :D)

The AC3 Encoder is limited to 16bit/48Hkz since that's the AC3 spec I believe?

I'm "A/B'ing" AC3 Encoer Vs DTS Connect now. Besides a drop in volume with DTS Connect I can't tell much difference just yet...

Last edited:
DTS Connect is 16b/48Khz from what I can tell. But it actually works when I set Reclock to resample above 48Khz, unlike the Ac3 Encoder.

I don't think this actually improves the quality however, since it's still kicking out 48Khz.

48 -> 192 -> 48

Kind of a messy conversion nay?

I've been A/B'ing some more, and I've decided that AC3 Encoder is better than DTS Connect, it's just a much more rich sound, where as DTS Connect is very muddy.

The only problem with the AC3 encoder are the popping noises I've discovered. Posted logs and stuff in the sticky thread :rock:

DTS as a compression scheme is way overrated, they usually spend far more time working on surround effets and make the track louder than AC3...so it's sometimes perceived as "better", but AC3 is a much better compression scheme. I'll take 640kbit AC3 over 1.5mbit DTS anytime.

DTS as a compression scheme is way overrated, they usually spend far more time working on surround effets and make the track louder than AC3...so it's sometimes perceived as "better", but AC3 is a much better compression scheme. I'll take 640kbit AC3 over 1.5mbit DTS anytime.
Finally someone who knows what he's talking about! :clap:
It's really boring reading tons of "testimonials" on forums by people who think DTS is automatically better because its bitrate is higher and/or because the DTS track on a disc has been mixed differently than the AC3, or the diagnorm is different/absent, their player or receiver is taking liberties with DRC for some codecs, etc.
Sometimes I really think DTS is just a marketing gimmick to get videophiles to pay more just for a label.

I think this is a very interesting article on codecs: http://www.hemagazine.com/node/Dolby_TrueHD_DTS-MA_versus_Uncompressed_PCM

Edit: oh and by the way, to stay on topic: on my system, resampling to 192 KHz have the side benefit of making everything slicker with ReClock: no more waiting for video and audio to slowly get back in sync at the start/after a pause, and enables shorter prebuffer.

Last edited:
hehe, I hate DTS w/ passion....FLAC all the way! smaller and lossless, nuff' said...we're not in the 80's anymore :p

Back