• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Another turn for DVDFab (US Customers)

Mike89

Now the latest version of DVDFab (9150) comes in 2 flavors. A "US" version and non US version. Anyone downloading from the US will get "DVDFab 9150US". So far all I know is the US version no longer decrypts Blu-Ray. Dunno about DVDs yet. Maybe someone can add about that. Now US customers will be forced to find a means to obtain a non US version now each time a new version comes out if they want continued decryption. Just for the hell of it I went on a proxy site and tried to download DVDFab to see if I could get a non US one (I live in the US). After trying a few different ones I finally hit on one where I got the non US download. Don't know if I was just lucky or what.

That's old new mate. It was posted on myce a long time ago they removed decryption capabilities

http://www.myce.com/news/now-dvdfab-doesnt-decrypt-anymore-the-alternatives-70946/
http://www.myce.com/news/dvdfab-removes-dvd-and-blu-ray-ripper-from-blufab-70914/
http://www.myce.com/news/dvdfab-now-rebranded-to-blufab-9-1-3-5-released-today-70880/

Main decryption can now be done by their "passkey" thingy. That being said, why settle for an inferior product (in my eyes) when it comes to both decrypting/ripping and even more when it comes to shrinking. Anydvd is a far better option for decryption and ripping and the output quality of dvdfab doesn't even come close to the output produced by the ABSOLUTELY FREE BD-Rebuilder http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=143716. DVDFab's pov for shrinking is "faster is better", BDRB's pov is "QUALITY above speed".

My choice was quickly made.

This isn't old news. This just happened today switching to this "US" version for DVDFab. The first switching to the "BluFab" thing was old news when it was decided that no new customers would get a full decrypting DVDFab so the new name was changed to "BluFab" for new customers. Old lifetime license holders were supposed to continue to get full decrypting DVDFab with all future updates. That happened until today when now the newest DVDFab 9150 now is DVDFab 9150US for US customers (even lifetime license holders) and the still decrypting DVDFab 9150 for non US license holders.

Last edited:
This isn't old news. This just happened today switching to this "US" version for DVDFab. The first switching to the "BluFab" thing was old news when it was decided that no new customers would get a full decrypting DVDFab so the new name was changed to "BluFab" for new customers. Old lifetime license holders were supposed to continue to get full decrypting DVDFab with all future updates. That happened until today when now the newest DVDFab 9150 now is DVDFab 9150US for US customers (even lifetime license holders) and the still decrypting DVDFab 9150 for non US license holders.

I just went to their forum and read the thread in the Blu-ray Copy 9.1.5.0. You are correct. 9.1.4.6 is the last version with decryption in the US. Even if you have a license for the decrypted version, it will no longer be available.

http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=25293

I hope AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray) will do better in the pending litigation.

Last edited:
Found out the DVD decryption will continue in DVDFab US version (at least for now). Blu-Ray decryption is gone in the US version.

I feel bad for them. Even though they were in the same business, I feel bad for anyone that works on a project and has it taken away by greedy corporations, JMHO and this does not represent the anyones opinion but my own.

Affected users might be able to get it from the Videohelp.com website...
Or does their direct link default to the US flavour for those in the USA?

In addition, download archive websites may also be of help in obtaining the latest (non-US) version.

Failing that, users will simply be forced to download from other (unofficial) routes...

It's nice to see that AnyDVD HD is recommended on DVDF**'s website.

Thus, DVDFab products sold in the US no longer contain the ability to remove this technology from AACS-protected discs. That being said, DVDFab users in the US may be able to search for third-party tools such as AnyDVD HD (payware)

Last edited:
And, all the locations to get DVDFAB 9.1.4.6 are being closed VERY fast. The location where I got 9.1.4.6 just 10 minutes ago, no longer exists.

The problem with keeping and using 9.1.4.6 is when a newer BD-ROM comes out it may not be able to decrypt the source disk.

Here's hoping a long lifetime for ANYDVD HD and the crew that supports it.:clap:

P.S. Maybe a good time to move from the US to the UK?

All Blu-ray decryption is done from their server so no need to update DVDFab for Blu-ray. Just update if you need bug fixes done.

If 9.1.4.6 works for you use it

Interesting article here if you haven't seen it:

http://www.myce.com/news/breaking-dvdfab-website-blocked-by-movie-industry-70729/?PageSpeed=noscript

DVDFab is based in China. There is no way that Hollywood shut them down (or otherwise limited them) without Chinese government approval.
I think this is just a political show by the Chinese to show the USA that it is "fighting piracy".

In reality, China is the most corrupt country in the World when it comes to stealing Intellectual Property and mass producing counterfeit merchandise in general. DVDFab is small potatoes for the Chinese to sacrifice and gets the desired publicity. But will they go after the mass producers of actual fake DVD's and Blu-Rays? Probably not.

In my opinion, this is just software that allows people to back up their legally owned copies or watch it with different platforms. It's not the software itself that threatens the original publishers, it's what people do with that software. Same liability as a gun manufacturer. A gun can be used legally to hunt with or target practice, or it can be used illegally to kill people.

BTW, I'm not defending DVDFab because there was always rumours that they were stealing the AnyDVD code, which would be par for the course since they are out of China. But I am saying this kind of 'ripping' software itself is just a tool and should not be illegal as a tool if used to make one's own copies and not re-distribute the content.

Back