• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Another Potential Downloader Bug??

SAF

Okay.. I use only AP but also subscribe to several AP channels (Discovery+, BritBox, Hallmark).
I've created an AnyStream folder for all AS+ downloads but created individual subfolders for AP and the channel providers to help keep everything organized. They are as follows (Prime TV Series, Discovery+ TV Series, BritBox TV Series, Hallmark TV Series, etc.).

The problem:
So, when I find a TV series that I want to download, let's say on Prime TV, before I put the episodes into the batch downloader, I configure the proper destination subfolder in the AS+/Download Media settings for "AnyStream/Prime TV Series". While that Prime TV series is in the process of downloading, I start preparing the next TV series that I want to download, let's say from Discovery+ channel. So, I go back into the AS+/Download Media settings and set the destination subfolder to "Anystream/Discovery+ TV Series". As soon as I do that, the next completed and subsequent Prime TV downloads in the batch queue begin to be saved under the Discovery+ subfolder.

I'm not sure if this is the way AS+ is downloading is supposed to work. Seems to me that each download should remember the destination subfolder it should download to. LOL

Still running 1.2.8.0. Logfile attached if needed..

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.8.0.astlog
    285.5 KB · Views: 1
why would you post a log for 1280? it is known that 81 or 82 put more logging in. so upgrade to 1284 and post a new log

why would you post a log for 1280? it is known that 81 or 82 put more logging in. so upgrade to 1284 and post a new log

1.2.8.4 was just added today and 1.2.8.2/1.2.8.3 were never posted at the top like a general beta release, so they may have only been using whatever beta was posted as a sticky and didn't dig through all of the other topics that referenced the other beta downloads like some of us do. ;-)

But I agree, when there is a newer beta available it is best to see if the issue is still present and post a log using the latest beta if it is still an issue. The release notes always include "other minor fixes" so you never know if something like this was addressed. I don't change the download path between adding items to the download queue so I can't comment on if it is used to work and is broken or if the FQN is even saved to the queue at the time it's added vs. being referenced when the download begins. I thought someone mentioned changing the template before adding items to the queue but maybe they have the sub-folder names in the template and don't modify the download path?

Okay.. I use only AP but also subscribe to several AP channels (Discovery+, BritBox, Hallmark).
I've created an AnyStream folder for all AS+ downloads but created individual subfolders for AP and the channel providers to help keep everything organized. They are as follows (Prime TV Series, Discovery+ TV Series, BritBox TV Series, Hallmark TV Series, etc.).

The problem:
So, when I find a TV series that I want to download, let's say on Prime TV, before I put the episodes into the batch downloader, I configure the proper destination subfolder in the AS+/Download Media settings for "AnyStream/Prime TV Series". While that Prime TV series is in the process of downloading, I start preparing the next TV series that I want to download, let's say from Discovery+ channel. So, I go back into the AS+/Download Media settings and set the destination subfolder to "Anystream/Discovery+ TV Series". As soon as I do that, the next completed and subsequent Prime TV downloads in the batch queue begin to be saved under the Discovery+ subfolder.

I'm not sure if this is the way AS+ is downloading is supposed to work. Seems to me that each download should remember the destination subfolder it should download to. LOL

Still running 1.2.8.0. Logfile attached if needed..

you can use AS+ template variables to accomplish what you want without having to change the download folders all the time. I have an AnyStream root folder on my H: drive and the content I download automatically sorts into the properly names sub folders by content type and provider. See the sample folder structure:

upload_2022-1-5_18-44-38.png

This folder structure was created using these AS+ templates (and it constantly adds new folders as needed without my intervention):

upload_2022-1-5_18-46-11.png

Last edited:
you can use AS+ template variables to accomplish what you want without having to change the download folders all the time. I have an AnyStream root folder on my H: drive and the content I download automatically sorts into the properly names sub folders by content type and provider. See the sample folder structure:

View attachment 62460

This folder structure was created using these AS+ templates (and it constantly adds new folders as needed without my intervention):

View attachment 62461
Thanks @Kerry. I didn't realize that we could do that in AS+! Cheers

Thanks @Kerry. I didn't realize that we could do that in AS+! Cheers

You're welcome! If you have a Plex media server you could actually tokenize the download templates such that the TV episodes would sort directly into your Plex TV Show library folder(s) but I choose not to do that for various reasons (such as checking the files for audio/video integrity from start to finish especially at times like this where perhaps only the first 2 minutes of video may be good, and for episode numbering validation because some providers serve them in DVD order instead of Aired order, or some other order altogether, and I sometimes have to either reset the library ordering scheme, or renumber the episode files to match whatever Plex wants, etc.)

Also, the Movie files require the studio release year for Plex media agents to identify and acquire the correct metadata for them, and there is no AS+ template variable that provides the studio release year, so I have to plug that in manually before moving the files to their target library destination.

But the scheme I'm using as shown above is very helpful and cuts down on a lot of work. Hope it helps you too.

Anyways the problem the OP described does exist in 1.2.8.4. The issue is, that AS uses the CURRENT name template, not the template from when you added a video to the queue. This can be especially anoying when you download videos multiple times with different audio.

Reactions: SAF
You're welcome! If you have a Plex media server you could actually tokenize the download templates such that the TV episodes would sort directly into your Plex TV Show library folder(s) but I choose not to do that for various reasons (such as checking the files for audio/video integrity from start to finish especially at times like this where perhaps only the first 2 minutes of video may be good, and for episode numbering validation because some providers serve them in DVD order instead of Aired order, or some other order altogether, and I sometimes have to either reset the library ordering scheme, or renumber the episode files to match whatever Plex wants, etc.)

Also, the Movie files require the studio release year for Plex media agents to identify and acquire the correct metadata for them, and there is no AS+ template variable that provides the studio release year, so I have to plug that in manually before moving the files to their target library destination.

But the scheme I'm using as shown above is very helpful and cuts down on a lot of work. Hope it helps you too.

Thank you, Kerry. I manually review all the downloaded media myself, then create and customize the metadata for TV Series and movies. You're right, sometimes the episode numbering and naming is all screwed up and movie release years are pretty bad as well. I'm not familiar with Plex. I have a couple of Emby servers that I mount my multimedia collection on for private internal network viewing. I don't trust the Emby metadata collection agents myself. They are wrong most of the time with their selections and have them disabled. But by the time I'm done with the metadata, all Emby does is sync the new multimedia up with it's database and they're ready for prime time viewing on all our TVs.
BTW - I read on their website yesterday that the Monkey has the capability of gathering metadata after downloading but I'm waiting to see what happens here before doing anything. Prefer to continue to use AS+. Thanks again for the advice! Cheers

Anyways the problem the OP described does exist in 1.2.8.4. The issue is, that AS uses the CURRENT name template, not the template from when you added a video to the queue. This can be especially anoying when you download videos multiple times with different audio.

Ah. Yes. In that case it would be nice to have an audio language template variable that could be used to append the language to the end of the file name to distinguish them and not overwrite the original.

Back