• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Another Newb CloneBD question - bitrate and video quality

DQ

I have recently purchased CloneBD and it kicks the heck out of Handbrake for BlueRay. Now one thing I am not used to selecting in all my time in Handbrake was a bitrate. I know it had one but you did not see the number it was a menu option.

Anyway my question is what bitrates do you guys normally use? If I do at least 12mb or more I cannot see any difference if I go all the way to 27.

I know the greater bitrate should produce better quality (and larger size) but functionally I am not seeing much difference.

Just looking for some advice there. Thank you.

Hi DarkQuark,

For 1080p BluRay, I use approx 7.5mbps and for UHD 2160p video I use approx 25.00mbps. Both look pretty good to me on my 78 inch Samsung curved TV.

Thanks for the reference guys, much appreciated.

Back