• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnnyStream 1.2.9.0 working fine with Amazon Prime and Netflix

What "nice things" are you referring to? Higher resolution? It's coming again. This is not a permanent fix to the issue. It's a band-aid to allow people that don't mind the lower resolution the ability to download something. No one is forcing you to download anything at that quality. If you want higher and don't want to redownload in the future, you can wait for the permanent fix (permanent until encryption changes again, that is), and download at the higher resolution all you want.

Some content I'm holding off downloading until the fix is done and I can do so at a higher quality. Others I download now (mainly weekly episodes of some shows so I can keep up with the story), and I will go back after the fix to redownload those at a higher quality. Wasted tokens? Don't care. I will get the token back from downloading at lower quality before the fix is out and I redownload. So nothing is wasted.

Mutt and SBS2020,
Maybe also just accept that others have a higher standard than you do in this regard and for us, 560p is not acceptable, also probably to a large portion of the community. Nothing wrong if you and others are happy with 560p, good, carry on.
Yes, a fix is "potentially" on the way, but we don't know how long still. Another day, a week, a month, 6 months, ever? Each iteration of DRM updates gets harder to break, so eventually this adventure will come to an end for all.

Glad you can download your episodes you want, still confused on why you want want to download episodes so that you can keep up with the story, if you can just watch it live with your subscription in better quality. But to each his own I guess.
You do you.

Others offer their opinion that they want the HD downloads fixed.
And remember that tokens only accumulate to 100, so if you don't use them, because the quality is not acceptable, then they are gone. (So most will roll-back to a previous version and try to download what they can at 1080p, and in the process lose some tokens because it is not apparent which episodes will download and which will not, but you can imagine the overhead that creates to keep track of what is still outstanding. Just a fact which you fortunately don't need to deal with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Others offers their opinion that they want the HD fixed.

What makes you think they are NOT fixing it? Why do you think this is the permanent fix, and will be this way for all times to come?

A fix WILL be coming out that will provide higher resolution for AP and NF. In the meantime, what is wrong with having the capability at lower resolution until the fix is done? Why is it such a bad thing when higher resolution will be coming?

What makes you think they are NOT fixing it? Why do you think this is the permanent fix, and will be this way for all times to come?

A fix WILL be coming out that will provide higher resolution for AP and NF. In the meantime, what is wrong with having the capability at lower resolution until the fix is done? Why is it such a bad thing when higher resolution will be coming?

I am not disagreeing with you, so don't be too defensive.
Nothing wrong with having the capability at lower resolution. As I stated. Good for you.
But I feel you missed my point. I thought I said that I though that a fix is "potentially" on the way.
You and I know that the developers never give a timeframe (ETA), and that is their prerogative, so we don't know when this fix will arrive. In the meantime we are losing tokens, whether it is becuuse we are not downloading anything as your suggest, and tokens caps at 100, so if you don't use them, it will impact you when the program are fixed, or whether you attempt to download with an older version and in the process stand a chance to lose tokens. (Remember too that some people only buy a month licence or subscribe to a service for a period of time).

I don't like repeating what I said, but this is just for clarifications. It is not to "drone on and on about the same thing, it is to assist with understanding when the point was not fully grasped.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to add this which I also thought about. Remember that people are sometimes lambasted for asking for Temporary fixes by others who say "Don't waste the developers time on implementing temporary fixes when they should be working on fixing the program fully. Well, this is probably one of those cases? (Not my view, but some could see it that way).

Last edited by a moderator:
They are working on fixing it, and they won't stop until it's right. So please everyone calm down. 1290 lets you download at a lower res, for people who watch on a 27" monitor or a tablet or a phone its fine. But for videophiles that are not satisfied, they will have to wait until its fixed or use the previous version 1284 and some titles still download in HD.

They are working on fixing it, and they won't stop until it's right. So please everyone calm down. 1290 lets you download at a lower res, for people who watch on a 27" monitor or a tablet or a phone its fine. But for videophiles that are not satisfied, they will have to wait until its fixed or use the previous version 1284 and some titles still download in HD.

It's also good if you are pulling down older stuff that at best is SD anyway. Which is a good bit of stuff overall, 90's and earlier for us older folks who like older shows. :p

It's also good if you are pulling down older stuff that at best is SD anyway. Which is a good bit of stuff overall, 90's and earlier for us older folks who like older shows. :p
Glad you are happy DQ, you are young enough to be my son . ;)

Greetings all:
I do not know where to post this question at. So I will try here. I download a file off of Netflix, and it plays video just fine, however there is no Audio. It is like a silent movie with no captions. So I convert the movie into an NTSC format, using Any Video and the movie plays just fine with the Audio stream as well. I guess my question is: Why does the original download into MP4, not play the Audio until it is converted? Just curious if I am doing something wrong. I am running Windows 7. When I download movies (free) off of You Tube in the MP4 format, audio works fine. Thank you for any input you may have. Please stay safe out there.
Sincerely,

Louis

Greetings all:
I do not know where to post this question at. So I will try here. I download a file off of Netflix, and it plays video just fine, however there is no Audio. It is like a silent movie with no captions. So I convert the movie into an NTSC format, using Any Video and the movie plays just fine with the Audio stream as well. I guess my question is: Why does the original download into MP4, not play the Audio until it is converted? Just curious if I am doing something wrong. I am running Windows 7. When I download movies (free) off of You Tube in the MP4 format, audio works fine. Thank you for any input you may have. Please stay safe out there.
Sincerely,

Louis
I'd guess your playback device cannot play the EAC3 or AAC audio, that most downloaded files come with. Your conversion program probably converts also the audio in a format your playback device can handle.

Hi RedFox1 ! I am still using 1284 on AP (because it is working great at a higher resolution with the old titles I selected) but I am anoyed by a pop-up message (kicking-me out of AS in the process) telling me to swith to 1290. How can I do to still use 1284 without being kicked-out of AS with this pop-up message ?

Attachments

• Swith to 1290.JPG
    Swith to 1290.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Check.JPG
    Check.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 5
Just go into settings and uncheck " Automatically check for updates"

Just go into settings and uncheck " Automatically check for updates"
I have done that already, with no succes apparently... AS doesn't seem to know that this feature is unchecked...

Attachments

• Check.JPG
    Check.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I have done that already, with no succes apparently... AS doesn't seem to know that this feature is unchecked...
Did you close the program and reopen it after you pressed okay when you unchecked it.

I hope you do not have both programs installed in the same folder, did you uninstall 1290 completely?

It seems to me that is is exactly what I did.... But, maybe I have done something wrong... Well, I will check it again, close and reopen. And then, uncheck again, close and reopen... Will tell you if it worked.
Okay, I have my fingers crossed. ;)

Back