Angel has fallen

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by dlambert22, Nov 26, 2019.

1. dlambert22

dlambert22 Member

Alright now I have just downloaded the newest version 8.4.0.3 and it is still not improving this disc that it is intended to remedy are there any new ideas as to why this is happening?

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

3. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

Yes, an AnyDVD update is needed. But it can't be done unless AnyDVD logs are provided so the developers can see what isn't working right. So if you want it fixed, supply an AnyDVD log and whatever error messages you are getting (if any).

And where did you see that 8.4.0.3 was issued to fix this title? This title just came out today, 8.4.0.3 came out Sunday to fix a VM issue.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  4. purplefox

purplefox New Member

Not OP but ran into this issue. Hopefully I created that log file correctly. Rip to image fails at 16%.
    Read Error Sectors: 688980-689009

Hope that helps.

Attached Files:

Clams likes this.
  5. mmdavis

CloneDVD is showing 3 main movie Titles and gives an error message (see attached jpeg). AnyDVD log attached also.

Attached Files:

Clams likes this.
  6. vnemous01

vnemous01 New Member

Having a issue with burning a copy of Angel has fallen I am sending the log file and the error message is AnyDVD can not read disk

Attached Files:

Clams likes this.
  7. scrossi

scrossi Member

This is a work around. Two of the three movie titles are bad. If you are using Clone DVD, check mark only the one which is 2:00:57 in length. My copy works fine. Good Luck.

maverick5990 and Clams like this.
  8. nitewulf69

nitewulf69 Well-Known Member

As stated above, CloneDVD , select only Title 51 2:00:57 and it copies fine. I'm using version 2.9.3.6

9. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Please try AnyDVD 8.4.0.4:
    https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anydvd-hd-8-4-0-4-beta.77748/

Please let me know, if this fixes the problem. Thank you!

purplefox likes this.
  10. purplefox

purplefox New Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  11. mmdavis

Looks like it is good so far. CloneDVD only shows the one correct Title and the movie is playing in the preview window without error. I will check to make sure it rips correctly tonight. Here is a log if you need to verify against some others.

[EDIT] Did a rip and disc copy and both worked fine. Thank you.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  12. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

I forgot to bump the AI scanner version. Please try again after creating the logfile. And I strongly recommend to use CloneDVD 2 to create an iso.

13. Kara-El

Kara-El New Member

Thank you, it worked after downloading AnyDVD 8.4.0.4:

14. Rolleiman

Rolleiman Member

Just tried the suggestion of choosing ONLY the 2:00:57 track and unchecked Preserve Menus. It worked!!!! Thank you

15. Pocketlips

Pocketlips Member

16. Pocketlips

Pocketlips Member

8.4.0.4 is no help.

17. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

Create a logfile - then try again. It'll work.
    -W

James likes this.
  18. purplefox

purplefox New Member

That did it! Thank you!

Out of curiosity, why the recommendation for CloneDVD? Is it because you can pick and choose which tracks you keep?

19. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

That's one of the reasons, but the main other one is that anydvd gives you a warning for a reason when you try to use the image ripper on DVD's. Anydvd can't remove structural protection'for example on the fly. So when you create an iso, that gets copied into the iso and can potentially cause playback problems. Clonedvd can remove that during reauthoring while creating the iso.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk