An older movie-Harry Potter

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by tivertonrose, Jan 22, 2018.

1. tivertonrose

tivertonrose Well-Known Member

Hi, My post will probably be very boring for you because you all are way ahead of me but although I've had anydvd since 2003, I've just backed up dvds. I am very new to blurays and just have been trying to convert a few Blurays into mp4's or mkv's using the anydvd HD and Handbrake.

I've converted all the BR Harry Potters to mp4's except when I got to the Deathly Harrows part 1 &2-2D title. I've searched the forum for HP info but with no luck. I have the latest anydvd HD version 8.2.1.6. I ripped the video to hard disk but when I try to play the movie, what is on there is a behind the scenes type video, not the HP video. I am posting the logs. I do not know why it does not copy the actual movie. The only player I use is VLC player that I have manipulated with the dll's to make it play bluerays. It won't play them from my pc bluray optical. Thank You. ~Rose

Attached Files:

2. Pete

Pete Forum Admin Staff Member

I suggest using CloneBD - you you can use the built-in player to identify the correct title, etc...

3. StoneyJSG

StoneyJSG Well-Known Member

I was going to say what Pete said. You can't go wrong with the AnyDVD + CloneBD combo, it pretty much does everything for you as far as getting everything right for burning or ripping.

4. tivertonrose

Thank you both for replying. Ok, I will need the new CloneBD software. I hope there is a little tutorial to it because it is probably much different than what I've been doing. I have had no trouble with my AnyDvd and Clone's and I haven't been here in awhile but learn a lot when I come in. Had to change my Opticals in the signature because I have the bluRay drives now. Will I also have to buy another software player besides VLC even though I have a HD optical blueray player? Harry Potter 7 would not play. Thanks again. ~Rose

5. tivertonrose

I bought the CloneBD. That's a really nice program. I was able to back up the harry potter movies and play them. Just confused about the video codec setting, to chose copy original lossless or one of the other settings. I left it on the default setting but don't know which one is best for the mp4. Or the Cinavia setting in AnyDvd to be checked or unchecked. I told my son about it and he went and bought CloneBD too. Thanks again.