An odd problem

Discussion in 'Third Party Products' started by ArgoDave, Jun 26, 2007.

1. ArgoDave

ArgoDave Member

Never seen this before.

I D/L'd a DVD file with Bittorrent and tried to burn it to disc using NERO, but got an error message saying my BUP files were not identical to the IFO files and the Compliance test failed. What can I do?

2. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

Best advice would be to go to your nearest store and buy the movie.

3. ArgoDave

ArgoDave Member

It's an older concert, an import and out of print. Was quite surprised to find a torrent of it. Would like to salvage the file if at all possible. Oh well, guess I'll have to try Club CD Freaks.

4. linx05

linx05 Well-Known Member

lol ArgoDave, they will have the same reply as we did.

5. mike20021969

mike20021969 Well-Known Member

can you watch the downloaded movie on your pc?
    if you can,can you then not convert the main dvd file to mpeg2,then burn the mpeg to dvd using an appropriate program?

6. Carolina Mike

Carolina Mike Well-Known Member

If the movie plays properly on the computer you might just have a corrupt .bup file. You will need to use IfoEdit and re-write the files to match as the bup files are the secondary files the program looks to so it can play the DVD properly.

The quick way to fix this is to copy the .IFO to the .BUP files (as they are just identical backups of the IFOs file) and you do not need to use Ifoedit to do this. This is just a simple copy command and you just delete what is in the bup file and copy the contents of the ifo file into it.

7. ArgoDave

ArgoDave Member

No, it won't play on anything. I tried what you suggested with the IFO files, still error messages in players or NERO. Whoever encoded the disc probably did a lousy job of it.

Thanx for your advice anyway.