• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AMZ connection closed / retrying takes too long

peacesign

Code:
00:31:01.692 - [Debug] Downloading.
00:31:01.693 - [Debug] Video license registration result: true
02:32:28.001 - [Error] Error receiving fragment: Connection closed
02:32:28.001 - [Debug] Retrying 1.
02:44:08.061 - [Debug] Download completed. Finalizing output.

One out of 2-3 times I try to download something from the "Amz" provider, the download starts but it gets stuck midway after a few minutes and it takes about 2 hours for Anystream to close that connection and retry.

Now, I will be the first to say that this might not be Anystream-related per se, it seems that this provider and/or my connection sometimes struggles with downloads, even when I try and download the stream directly through the browser, but I have to ask the following:

- Shouldn't Anystream "timeout" and retry sooner than 2h? It's way too long to determine that something is wrong, a few seconds or minutes should be enough ?
- Can I trust that the files downloaded when there was a connection issue are 100% okay? I believe the download doesn't start from scratch again, so is it possible that there are issues at the "break" point?

Attaching 3 logs that will hopefully show you what I mean.

Cheers.

Attachments

• S04E01.astlog
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • S04E07.astlog
    384.1 KB · Views: 0
  • S04E08.astlog
    416.7 KB · Views: 0
Please try version 1.0.9.0, which has a much more extensive logging system.

However, what I see in the supplied log files, is the firm suggestion of a poor network connection to the CDN server. It does not take AnyStream 2 hours to "understand" that something went wrong. It takes 2 hours of download process until something goes very wrong. In this particular case, "really wrong" means that the server merely denied serving the request and closed the connection.

It may be the problem of the specific CDN at a particular point in time. We are working on a solution for such a situation (by implementing the option to select another CDN server when a faulty connection is detected). Should this be related to the overall condition of the internet connection, AnyStream would not have anything to do with it. AnyStream downloads the stream while the stream is coming in. Regardless of whether the connection is slow or fast. But there's nothing AnyStream can do once the connection is closed.

Hi Prospere, thanks for the quick feedback, I appreciate it. I'm no longer sure which version I was using for those logs, but I've attached another one with 1.0.9.0, where the connection actually got "stuck" four times for a total of more than 8h to download a 20-minute episode.

As I said, I understand that this might not be Anystream's fault at core and I obviously can't see what's going on in the background, but assuming that the connection drops to zero or close to zero or becomes unresponsive, couldn't you force it to close and retry instead of waiting for the server to do it? - 'cause that seems to take 2 hours each time, as I was mentioning.

Cheers.

Attachments

• S04E16.astlog
    471.3 KB · Views: 3
Hi Prospere, thanks for the quick feedback, I appreciate it. I'm no longer sure which version I was using for those logs, but I've attached another one with 1.0.9.0, where the connection actually got "stuck" four times for a total of more than 8h to download a 20-minute episode.

As I said, I understand that this might not be Anystream's fault at core and I obviously can't see what's going on in the background, but assuming that the connection drops to zero or close to zero or becomes unresponsive, couldn't you force it to close and retry instead of waiting for the server to do it? - 'cause that seems to take 2 hours each time, as I was mentioning.

Cheers.
I have the same problem because of my no good horrible ISP and yes the problem of it hanging up like that has gotten worse since leaving 1060. I have put a quick link to the task manager in my taskbar and use it to close anystream, because actually the program will not close out by clicking the close icon.

And not to deduct an AS token for retrying... ;)

1.0.9.1 beta
"improved: Set 30 seconds timeout for stream fragment downloader. Should prevent hanging with poor network conditions."

I believe this was implemented for this issue right here? From my side and from the few tests that I made since yesterday, it seems to be much better on my side.

1.0.9.1 beta
"improved: Set 30 seconds timeout for stream fragment downloader. Should prevent hanging with poor network conditions."

I believe this was implemented for this issue right here? From my side and from the few tests that I made since yesterday, it seems to be much better on my side.
Great!

Back