• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

American Sniper

HarryH

I have tried several times to try and back up this blu-ray. I burn a complete copy using AnyDVD-HD and CloneBD. Copy is successfully burned and the copy will play on a computer using PowerDVD 10 with no problems. Once I put the copy into a blu-ray player the copy will play the coming attractions and once it gets to the menu for the movie itself the blu-ray player freezes up and will not do anything unless unplugged. I have tried several discs that were burned in 3 different players, all with the same results. I find it strange that it will play in my computers but not my blu-ray players.

Has anyone else had any similar problems liking this for this movie?

Any advice to correct this would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have this BluRay on the way (US 2 disc version). I backup all of my BluRays for safety. I will post my results here tomorrow using the same combo that you used. To the moderators: Is it inappropriate to post results of a competitors product as long as it is not "advertising" the competitors product? If it is appropriate, I will post my results with another product as well.

I have tried several times to try and back up this blu-ray. I burn a complete copy using AnyDVD-HD and CloneBD. Copy is successfully burned and the copy will play on a computer using PowerDVD 10 with no problems. Once I put the copy into a blu-ray player the copy will play the coming attractions and once it gets to the menu for the movie itself the blu-ray player freezes up and will not do anything unless unplugged. I have tried several discs that were burned in 3 different players, all with the same results. I find it strange that it will play in my computers but not my blu-ray players.

Has anyone else had any similar problems liking this for this movie?

Any advice to correct this would be appreciated.

Thanks

I haven't tried to back it up yet, but here is the log for AnyDVD HD:

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD HD 7.6.0.2, BDPHash.bin 15-05-27)
HP BDDVDRW CT40N BC00 11/11/04 7U01
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 20021728 sectors (39104 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: AMERICAN_SNIPER
Media is AACS protected!
Drive supports bus encryption!
AACS MKB version 47
Removed AACS copy protection!
Blu-ray disc is region free!
Removed annoying trailers!
Removed annoying video sequences!
Removed UOPs!

From another product (mods didn't reply not to post this -- will remove if needed):

Info for drive [G:\] (DVDFab 9.2.0.1)
Vendor: hp, Product: BDDVDRW CT40N
Revision: BC00, Vendor specific: 11/11/04 7U01
Drive region: 1 (RPC II), changes left: 4(user) / 4(vendor)

Disc media: Blu-ray (BDMV)
Volume name: AMERICAN_SNIPER

Region Code is removed. (Region A)
AACS protection (AACSLA) is removed. (MKBv47)
BD+ protection not found.
Main playlist: 00100.mpls

I have this BluRay on the way (US 2 disc version). I backup all of my BluRays for safety. I will post my results here tomorrow using the same combo that you used. To the moderators: Is it inappropriate to post results of a competitors product as long as it is not "advertising" the competitors product? If it is appropriate, I will post my results with another product as well.

Last edited:
I don't recall Blockbuster movies are
Blu-ray disc is region free!

That sounds more like what a copy of the blueray movie would say. What does the acutal log file of the movie itself say? And post that not copy and paste it.

I haven't tried to back it up yet, but here is the log for AnyDVD HD:

That's NOT an anydvd logfile, that's a copy/page y of the status window. An anydvd logfile is a compressed file with the .ziplog extension

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

I don't recall Blockbuster movies are .

That sounds more like what a copy of the blueray movie would say. What does the acutal log file of the movie itself say? And post that not copy and paste it.
That's not a copy; that's a typical Warner Bros. release. Most WB releases today are region-free and use simple HDMV menus that easily reveal any region locks to AnyDVD HD; the very last screenshot at http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/American-Sniper-Blu-ray/116019/#Screenshots shows the standard WB HDMV menu. It's usually BD-Java menus that require pop-ups for AnyDVD HD to set the region properly.

Really? Gee, I'm so sorry that in haste I used the wrong terminology. I promise I will never do that again. Now back on to helping people.
;)

That's NOT an anydvd logfile, that's a copy/page y of the status window. An anydvd logfile is a compressed file with the .ziplog extension

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

i copy with 1047 clone bd and see perfect in blue rays but in ps3 stay in menu and return to ps3 original menu when i play main feature, maybe with 1048 clone bd upgrade fix,i copy seventh son with 1048 clone bd and play perfect in boths br and ps3

Thank you to everyone trying to help with this problem. I also backed up Seventh Son with no problem, plays on both blu-ray and computer. It seems to only affect American Sniper. And just to clarify what version software I am using, AnyDVD-HD 7.6.0.0 and Clone BD 1.0.4.8. Again Thanks for the help so far......sooner or later it will be figured out...

Harry

Thank you to everyone trying to help with this problem. I also backed up Seventh Son with no problem, plays on both blu-ray and computer. It seems to only affect American Sniper. And just to clarify what version software I am using, AnyDVD-HD 7.6.0.0 and Clone BD 1.0.4.8. Again Thanks for the help so far......soon er or later it will be figured out...

Harry

I had a similar problem, but with audio playback for "Still Alice." It played fine on the computer, but after burning to disc, it introduced a narative talk over, which was not selected or desired. The program is mercurial in that it depends of the title you are working with. This inconsistency is a huge drawback. They have much work to do. I am not a paying beta tester, but a trial version user. Until I see more consistency, that will remain my status.

Last edited:
Thank you to everyone trying to help with this problem. I also backed up Seventh Son with no problem, plays on both blu-ray and computer. It seems to only affect American Sniper. And just to clarify what version software I am using, AnyDVD-HD 7.6.0.0 and Clone BD 1.0.4.8. Again Thanks for the help so far......sooner or later it will be figured out...

Harry

I have a working backup of American Sniper, only difference I used the BD-50 DL media and anyDVD 7604. Cobbler went on BD 25 SL fine, having problems with PC crash while trying Mortdecai and 25 GB Blanks. I have found going to the DL blanks sometimes makes the difference, especially with around 2 hour movies or above.

It's been a problem all the way, thought v1047 addressed it. Went away for a month, came back to v1048 and using it now. Mortdecai not quite 2 hours but has over 50 "main movies" to choose from on partial. Never saw anything like it. Hoping cloneBD choosing right one, as it does pick 1 as default. Really confusing (Lionsgate). Another crash and will go to DL media and see what happens.

Update
Mortdecai backing up as per normal with DL blank. This indicates to me there are still residual compression issues remaining with movies that max out SL blank capabilities, as American Sniper and Mortdecai appear to do. Even checked AC3 box on Mortdecai to get max compression and still got PC crash.

Screenshots - One way to tell when a burn will work SL & DL

2015-06-03_success (DL Blank).jpg - Successful burn in progress (SL or DL)
2015-06-03_crash coming (SL blank).jpg - Burn screen - Note how far progress bar stretches compare to good burn - Crash is coming
2015-06-03_pre-fail target.jpg- Target Screen - Note it uses all 23.59 GB or more with AC3 option checked to open even more space - Crash is coming (SL) Must be below that number w/o AC3 box checked for good burn to happen.

(Note) These are what I observed while making backups. May or may not apply to anyone else. However, if you're having same or similar problems above pix will show you in advance if your burn will work or not.

Last edited:
For those that have backed up American Sniper - is CloneBD able to backup the ATMOS audio now?

jidelite

For those that have backed up American Sniper - is CloneBD able to backup the ATMOS audio now?

jidelite

Personally I can't really tell the difference but if you used a 50GB DL blank and didn't uncheck any audio options, either at the preview screen or the target screen no reason why you wouldn't.

Personally I can't really tell the difference but if you used a 50GB DL blank and didn't uncheck any audio options, either at the preview screen or the target screen no reason why you wouldn't.

I'm asking because CloneBD has had issues with ATMOS audio - the video would play but there would not be any audio...

jidelite

I'm asking because CloneBD has had issues with ATMOS audio - the video would play but there would not be any audio...

jidelite

I have yet to run into a backup with no audio. My problem was and is 2 hour movies on a SL blank. It's possible your bluray player doesn't support it. Try the original and see. If it plays try a DL blank and make sure audio options are properly selected then backup. I know American Sniper sounds fine, if that's what you're referring to. Many movies must sacrifice sound options to fit on an SL blank. That's why the audio core and AC3 only options are supposedly there, the AC3 also defeating Cinavia.

Last edited:
Atmos only actually works if the user has atmos capable equipment, if they don't it presents itself as a standard dolby digital 5.1 / 7.1 track.

Atmos only actually works if the user has atmos capable equipment, if they don't it presents itself as a standard dolby digital 5.1 / 7.1 track.

Ch3vr0n, Yep, when I've played discs containing ATMOS audio (Expendables 3. John Wick) I usually get just the 7.1 track since my AVR is not ATMOS compatible; however, when I've tried to compress these 1:1 discs down to 25Gb using CloneBD I don't get any audio when trying to play the 7.1 audio. This has been a known issue since for at least 6 months (for me anyway) and I was just wondering if American Sniper appears to be the same way. I have not yet seen the CloneBD developers come out and say CloneBD can pass ATMOS audio (compressed or not) but since there are not alot of them yet (and alot of folks only want AC3) maybe it's of low priority...

jidelite

this has been a known issue since for at least 6 months (for me anyway) and I was just wondering if American Sniper appears to be the same way

Very likely. According to

Code:
http://www.dolby.com/us/en/experience/dolby-atmos/movies.html

American sniper has dolby atmos audio, though it doesn't list it as the ONLY track. If it has another HD (non-atmos) 5.1/7.1 audio track it should work. The difficult thing about atmos, is that it isn't specified or officially added to the blu-ray standard. It's also not a "standard" track as a normal HD track is that uses channel layout. Atmos is thousands of tiny different effects. This produces the high def sound while keeping file size small.

Being that it is NOT part of the blu-ray standard, CloneBD technically doesn't have to support it (though it would make no sense not to eventually as more and more movies will use it). They'll likely add support for atmos at some point, they might just be focussing their efforts into the encoding engine first.

There is a way to let CloneBD "support" atmos in a way, and that's to keep HD sound intact. That way the audio doesn't get processed and should get remuxed back into the newly compressed video stream.

Very likely. According to

Code:
http://www.dolby.com/us/en/experience/dolby-atmos/movies.html

...There is a way to let CloneBD "support" atmos in a way, and that's to keep HD sound intact. That way the audio doesn't get processed and should get remuxed back into the newly compressed video stream.
Interesting point - since I have not purchased CloneBD yet (still using trial/Beta versions) I guess my audio will always be remuxed regardless. So I will 'assume' all who purchased CloneBD and compress with HD audio intacted have no issues....

jidelite

American Sniper Partial Backup with Menu Failure Clone BD 1.0.4.9

Clone BD 1.0.4.9 & latest Beta version fo Any DVD HD

American Sniper From Any DVD HD ISO Tested OK (Mounted) Played on Power DVD 14
Clone BD to 25GB Folder
Clone BD Burned To TDK BD-RE 25 GB Partial Copy With Menu
Left out Trailers and other unnecessary clips, kept all background photos (in case needed for the menu)

Disc only plays the Ad for an American Sniper book then either crashed a Sony Blu Ray player (790) or keeps going back to a black screen on a Samsung Blu Ray Player (6500)) .
The disc says there are no menus when menu buttons are pressed on the remotes

After over 3 hours of processing (not including Any DVD HD to ISO) again I have nothing to show for it, but another failure!

The resulting disc Disc only plays the Ad for an American Sniper book then crashed a Sony Blu Ray player or goes to a black screen on a Samsung 6500 Blu Ray player .
The disc says there are no menus when menu buttons are pressed on the remotes

I tried the partial menu option because the Full disc option literally takes forever and fails (for me) 80% of the time.

After over 3 hours of processing (not including Any DVD HD to ISO) again I have nothing to show for it, but another failure and several hours wasted. Again my sucess rate with full disc copies is only about 20%.

American Sniper has a static picture for the menu. I read on this forum that this seems to cause problems with the Partial copy Menu option.
I sent a log file to Elby an sent an email explaining exactly what I did. I purchased the lifetime license for Clone BD a few month ago but I can get no help or tech support from Elaborate Bytes.

Attachments

• American Sniper Clone BD 25Gb to TDK BD_RE 25GB Approx 38M .png
    American Sniper Clone BD 25Gb to TDK BD_RE 25GB Approx 38M .png
    313.9 KB · Views: 10
  • American Sniper From any DVD ISO Mounted to Clone BD25GB ISO Partial Copy With Menu Took 2Hrs.zip
    430.4 KB · Views: 0
Back