• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

American Honey BD will not mount after rip

jrsvdc

I ripped American Honey successfully with now errors or issues.

When I go to mount it on a virtual drive, nothing happens. No error, no message, just does not mount.

(I'm using the red fox virtual drive mounting software as well as red fox to rip)

Everything works fine with other BDs.

Help?

RedFox doesn't have a virtual drive product. Elaborate Bytes does. Now if you ripped succesfully then it's not an anydvd problem and this topic is in the wrong section.

Sorry,

It is the old DVD fab virtual drive product. And my guess is something IS wrong with the rip since all other rips mount without issue. The error appears to be occurring at the rip level.

Try Virtual Clone Drive first, if that works. Test playback. Ripping to ISO has no impact at all over mounting behavior. All that does is copy the disc contents to an iso file. No more, no less

It is the old DVD fab virtual drive product.
Old? You mean the Virtual CloneDrive copy? VirtualClone Drive is around for probably 15 years...

I was using DVDfabs old drive clone product, and for some reason it was working on everything but American Honey. I downloaded virtual clone drive and everything works perfect now! Thanks for your help chevron!

If you are using Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 you can mount the ISO without third-party software.

True, but it's virtual drive is '2nd class' at best.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

Why 2nd class when you only have ISOs ?
I haven't used it, that's why i ask.

Because there have been issues reported on these forums were AnyDVD had trouble with encrypted iso's in 10's drive. When asked to swap to vcd, the problem didn't exist. That's just off the top of my head

What's the difference, well for starters vcd is dedicated to doing nothing but being a virtual drive and mounting virtual images. The W10 one is part of a bigger component, the OS itself and the pretty often screw things up.

Because there have been issues reported on these forums were AnyDVD had trouble with encrypted iso's in 10's drive. When asked to swap to vcd, the problem didn't exist. That's just off the top of my head

What's the difference, well for starters vcd is dedicated to doing nothing but being a virtual drive and mounting virtual images. The W10 one is part of a bigger component, the OS itself and the pretty often screw things up.

The Windows drive doesn't emulate (all) SCSI commands, so it doesn't work with anything requiring this. Virtual CloneDrive has proven itself to work fine. For 15 years now.
Okay. I was not aware of that. At least I know where to turn now if I ever have the need for a high-end virtual disk drive. I usually don't mount ISOs of movies so it's not a problem for me at the moment.

Back