• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AMD Support?

@TheEmpathicEar probably not listed in the changelog EDIT: as far as processors are concerned, yes, probably the support for more than 128 core cpu has been modified, as far as GPUs are concerned, no support has been added

Last edited:
I bought this PC last year [January?]. I had high hopes of shrinking UltraHD blu-ray to BD50.

Does this version of CloneBD include AMD support? [and, specifically for the my PC]

There's a real quick way to find out. Install it and try it.

AMD CPU it works fine. AMD GPU is a different story. Overall it DOES work with it but you have to turn off AMD hardware decode and just leave on hardware encode for it to work well.

AMD CPU it works fine. AMD GPU is a different story. Overall it DOES work with it but you have to turn off AMD hardware decode and just leave on hardware encode for it to work well.
Why hardware encode and NOT decode? I want to "shrink" a UHD to fit onto an BD50?

Finally got around to testing this. It seems as if CloneBD will never work for this AMD PC.
I think and I may be wrong, that Nvidia GPUs have a .dll called NVENC to encode files at a faster rate, while AMD also has a .dll it is not half as good as Nvidias. This is just my opinion, I am not an expert in this field.

I think and I may be wrong, that Nvidia GPUs have a .dll called NVENC to encode files at a faster rate, while AMD also has a .dll it is not half as good as Nvidias. This is just my opinion, I am not an expert in this field.
No. Elby said some time ago that AMD changed their API and they had trouble to accomodate CBD to that.

Yeh, I remember that too. I could purchase an NVIDIA video card or just get an Intel PC. The expense and amount of work would be a pain in replacement.

Back