• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AMD hardware support with New Beta 1.2.8.3

Ghildebr

Still instantly fails if hardware acceleration is enabled.

I am still using 1.2.8.1 & CUDA works fine on my AMD cpu. Always has.
I did Terminator Dark Fate with CUDA & no issues so wait for the staff to sort it out.

This isn't a case of CUDA (NVIDIA support), but a case of AMD GPU support currently still being broken due to amd's constant changes to the driver API

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

This isn't a case of CUDA (NVIDIA support), but a case of AMD GPU support currently still being broken due to amd's constant changes to the driver API

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Thanks for the update. Missed the AMD GPU part. Guess that's why I have always used Nvidia GPUs with AMD cpu's :)

I have tried 1.2.8.4 with my 5700 and while it does not crash when using AMD hardware it runs at about 5 frames a second so it takes forever. I am not saying this would be everyone's experience this is just mine.

I have tried 1.2.8.4 with my 5700 and while it does not crash when using AMD hardware it runs at about 5 frames a second so it takes forever. I am not saying this would be everyone's experience this is just mine.
Mind posting a log file?

Sure, it is attached. I let it run for only a few minutes though it did not go to completion.

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.8.4.Delirious.cbdlog
    405.2 KB · Views: 7
still the same as it was last time :) Working on it.

Hello,
after switching to AMD I now have the same problem as here last described in May 2020
With the old NVIDIA card I had almost 40 fps, with the new AMD card I had a maximum of 12 fps. I still get no hardware support for encoding.

In my image editing programs (DXO and Photoshop) the hardware support works with the card. The processing time in both programs has been reduced to almost a third for complex operations.

Can I expect a workaround? The old posts about this are about 6 months old.

thank you for the support
Knut

Attachments

• 2020-11-16 22_00_53-Radeon Software.png
    2020-11-16 22_00_53-Radeon Software.png
    479.2 KB · Views: 15
  • CloneBD_Einstellungen.png
    CloneBD_Einstellungen.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 16
  • CloneBD_fps.png
    CloneBD_fps.png
    95.1 KB · Views: 16
  • CloneBD-Auslastung.png
    CloneBD-Auslastung.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 2020-11-17 19_51_11-Eingabeaufforderung.png
    2020-11-17 19_51_11-Eingabeaufforderung.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 15
I've been waiting since April of 2019. They kept saying it will be supported / fixed in the next version, than the next version, than the next version.

I have officially given up. I now exclusively use Handbrake which fully supports my Radeon vega vii.

150fps on the highest settings vs 9fps in clonebd.

Hello,
after switching to AMD I now have the same problem as here last described in May 2020
With the old NVIDIA card I had almost 40 fps, with the new AMD card I had a maximum of 12 fps. I still get no hardware support for encoding.

In my image editing programs (DXO and Photoshop) the hardware support works with the card. The processing time in both programs has been reduced to almost a third for complex operations.

Can I expect a workaround? The old posts about this are about 6 months old.

thank you for the support
Knut

I received a PM from Fabian:

As for AMD support, we are working on the remaining issues. For the majority, AMD GPUs are working perfectly. We hardly get any bug reports for AMD (via CloneBD auto-report), most issues are for Intel GPUs, followed by old nVidia GPU with lack of features. Issues with AMD are addressed by AMD itself as we have no direct control over the AM(F) framework. For other issues we need to wait for enhanced reports as "does not work" is not enough information. AMF is part of the AMD GPU driver, a driver update usually fixes almost all issues.

"For the majority, AMD GPUs are working perfectly"

I am not so sure about that statement. Look, I am not trying to be accusatory but owning a lifetime license for a product I have not been able to utilize in at least a year has made me a little opinionated. Through the entire life cycle of my 5700XT CloneBD has not worked (hardware acceleration I am speaking to). And that is through many revisions of CloneBD and MANY driver versions. If I recall correctly it used to work on my 480 up until some point and but towards the end stopped working there as well.

So while I rather use CloneBD, something I paid a handsome price for, I have to use Handbrake because it works with my GPU.

I am not here to complain, I am here to inform of the unhappiness of a paying customer in hopes the software gets fixed.

Need to work with someone on that for testing? I am your man, just let me know.

You should send CloneBD log files to support@elby.ch and describe your problems. They will contact you if they need further information. I had made very good experiences with issues I had.

You should send CloneBD log files to support@elby.ch and describe your problems. They will contact you if they need further information. I had made very good experiences with issues I had.

Yes, you are right. I have been negligent to not do that yet openly complain. I will get on that today. Merry Christmas!

Back