• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AMD Catalyst 13.9 & MSI 7790 : Unable to restart my PC

mike_r

My kid has been complaining that his MS-FSX is now running slow on his laptop after I installed some new scenary for him. I decided to treat him to an upgrade, and dusted off my 1st Gen I7-920 machine; bough and MSI 7790 gfx card and 256gb Samsung 840 Pro. After doing a fresh install of Windows 7x64 and having countless errors with FSX (which I have now finally resolved), comes the next problem that I can't seem to fix.

With CCC 13.9 installed, pressing Windows button & the restart. The PC logs off, but returns to a black screen before the BIOS. I have to press the power off, and power up again.
With CCC 13.9 removed, pressing Windows button & the restart. The PC logs off and restarts as one would expect.

I've Googled for hours, but found nothing. Anyone got any tips for me?

Going into device manager, right clicking on the 7790 and selecting uninstall driver + ticking delete driver also cures this. Manually installing the 13.10 beta driver for the videocard only also fixed this. I can live with it now.

Last edited:
Back