• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Amazon Prime - max 192kbps for 5.1 on some major titles

I just browsed through this thread so I might have missed something. ;-)

I *think* what DannyBoi is requesting is that if the UHD audio streams do not have the same DRM as the video streams, would it be possible to grab the audio stream data from the UHD content as additional audio choices for the non-UHD video stream?
yes thats what i mean, i mean this person above clearly doesnt understand what im saying, it should be possible is what im saying!!!!!

I just browsed through this thread so I might have missed something. ;-)

I *think* what DannyBoi is requesting is that if the UHD audio streams do not have the same DRM as the video streams, would it be possible to grab the audio stream data from the UHD content as additional audio choices for the non-UHD video stream?
Hi Kevin, please read through this thread, nothing UHD can be processed, maybe in the future, I am not a developer. The answer to his question is no.
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/solved-ap-audio-streams-correct.81330/

yes thats what i mean, i mean this person above clearly doesnt understand what im saying, it should be possible is what im saying!!!!!
Then why didnt you say it. Thats not what you said at all. Amazon will not provide that audio stream. Now do you understand?

Hi Kevin, please read through this thread, nothing UHD can be processed, maybe in the future, I am not a developer.
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/solved-ap-audio-streams-correct.81330/

Thanks. Yeah I did just look through that thread again. UHD was grouped together as a package in the discussions but I didn't want to assume that was confirmation of the audio and video both using the same DRM or not. It's possible video is protected at a higher level than audio. If the audio streams for UHD use the same DRM protection as the video then I agree we are stuck with the non-UHD audio selections provided by the provider at this time.

Its because DDP5.1 640kps for new movies on amazon is only available with UHD Downloads with anystream cant do thats also why we cant get DDPA5.1 for the tomorrow war because its part of the UHD Stream and anystream cant access it, its like this on alot of new movie releases on amazon for some reason maybe due to drm but who knows

I still don't think this is the issue. I decided to uninstall the current version of AnyStream and install the oldest version I had saved on my computer which is 1.1.3.0. The problems with Amazon audio started when the fix for 1080p video was implemented so I assume they are connected. Sure enough, pulling up The Tomorrow War on the older version lists 640 kpbs DD+ 5.1 sound with the 960x400 video which definitely means the higher quality audio isn't locked to UHD and is still available.

1.1.3.0.PNG

I still don't think this is the issue. I decided to uninstall the current version of AnyStream and install the oldest version I had saved on my computer which is 1.1.3.0. The problems with Amazon audio started when the fix for 1080p video was implemented so I assume they are connected. Sure enough, pulling up The Tomorrow War on the older version lists 640 kpbs DD+ 5.1 sound with the 960x400 video which definitely means the higher quality audio isn't locked to UHD and is still available.

View attachment 58492
I was excited at this being a possible workaround, but sadly it's not. I installed AnyStream 1.1.3.1 and downloaded "Tom Clancy's Without Remorse" and "The Tomorrow War". Both appeared to offer 640 kbps DD+ 5.1 for the primary "English" track. What I didn't notice was that the "English - Audio description" track was missing from the list of available "Audio languages" to choose from. Sadly that's what actually downloaded in both cases. Oh, well. Guess 192 kbps DD+ 5.1 audio is better than nothing.

Last edited:
At least 2 major and recent Amazon Prime movies show max 192kbps 5.1 (English)

- "The Tomorrow War" released today
- "Without Remorse" (this year)

Maybe AMZ isn't offering 640k, but both show 640k 5.1 in other languages and for "American English - Audio Description"

Thanks.
What's even the purpose of downloading it in 1080 when you can watch it in 4K HDR? It's not like the movie is going anywhere anytime soon.

What's even the purpose of downloading it in 1080 when you can watch it in 4K HDR? It's not like the movie is going anywhere anytime soon.
they will end up removing it at some point anyways they always do

I agree with you completely. Great comment. Tomorrow's War is an Amazon Exclusive, it's not going anywhere very soon.

Besides that how many times do you want to sit and watch the same movie over and over anyway?
You are correct, only 169 hours in a week, and thats without sleeping, you can download 280 movies or episodes of an avg of an hour each , more for movies, you have a big choice and a lot of time .:D

Besides that how many times do you want to sit and watch the same movie over and over anyway?

Why do you care why someone wants to download something? That's the purpose of the software. Excusing problems with the software by saying "You don't need to download it anyway" isn't helpful particularly because it derails a thread about a legitimate issue with a bunch of other people posting off-topic conversation and drowns out the posts with actual information.

Why do you care why someone wants to download something? That's the purpose of the software. Excusing problems with the software by saying "You don't need to download it anyway" isn't helpful particularly because it derails a thread about a legitimate issue with a bunch of other people posting off-topic conversation and drowns out the posts with actual information.
I happen to agree with Evil Monkey. The software issues are being taken care of, the devs are working hard every day and if it's not fast enough for you, then we apologize, but like Evil Monkey said " The movies are not going anyplace soon" and what's the rush to download it, it's not like you cant watch it on your provider. The devs are doing a great job, complaining will not make it happen any faster, so just post your issues, if and when they get to them is out of our control. But they are dedicated and smart. If it's possible they will fix whatever your issue is. Have a blessed day.

The Audioproblem is still present (clean install of AS 1.1.5.5)

On AP Germany, "The Flight Attendant" S01E01-E02 I can download eac3 640 k, on S01E03+ only eac3 224 k.
The astlog's are attached.

Thanks.

Attachments

• The Flight Attendant - S01E02 - Der Hase, der dran glauben musste.astlog
    439.4 KB · Views: 0
  • The Flight Attendant - S01E03 - Die Gedenkfeier.astlog
    413.3 KB · Views: 0
The Audioproblem is still present (clean install of AS 1.1.5.5)

On AP Germany, "The Flight Attendant" S01E01-E02 I can download eac3 640 k, on S01E03+ only eac3 224 k.
The astlog's are attached.

Thanks.
Yep thats annoying to isnt it, just a question did u buy the series or is it on prime?
Edit: found it on prime germany, question: is the titles, credits in English or German when u downloaded the episodes?? If English ill download them to

Last edited:
Back