• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Amazon Prime - Low Audio Bitrates

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is standard practice for INTERNALS (P2P) and SCENE groups to use the highest bitrate video and the highest bitrate audio.
There is no written rule stating it must be that way though. They have the luxury of having tools able to access the best quality.

Unless a video is severely bitrate starved, VBR will provide more for fast action scenes and animation and less for slow moving scenes.
If your video jerks, it was poorly encoded. If it's blocky, it's bitrate starved and both CBR and VBR can be bitrate starved.

It is standard practice for INTERNALS (P2P) and SCENE groups to use the highest bitrate video and the highest bitrate audio.
There is no written rule stating it must be that way though. They have the luxury of having tools able to access the best quality.

What is "best quality," have you compared quantizers for each frame from a CBR and a cVBR encoding, how do you know that CBR is simply not bigger because it's constrained by the limits of a lower profile?

First, of all we only talking about Amazon now, that's the only provider you can do this with. CVBR has a better bitrate for Audio and video than CBR, I just can't understand why anyone would even want this. It's an old codec, CVBR is newer and has better everything. I guess I don't have to understand.:( People want what they want as I said above.
I agree, CBR is a complete waste of time and extra space.

Unless a video is severely bitrate starved, VBR will provide more for fast action scenes and animation and less for slow moving scenes.
If your video jerks, it was poorly encoded. If it's blocky, it's bitrate starved and both CBR and VBR can be bitrate starved.
Scene rules are always changing and it doesn't mean they are right. As you said they just go by the "highest" bitrate. It gets even more stupid when you get into comparing "Apples" with "Oranges". You can't compare AVC CBR w/ HEVC CVBR they are 2 totally different beasts. Ii my opinion HEVC is my choice since it takes up less space and looks the same to me. Yes you can download all 3 to collect as well but seems like a waste of space and time to me.

What is "best quality," have you compared quantizers for each frame from a CBR and a cVBR encoding, how do you know that CBR is simply not bigger because it's constrained by the limits of a lower profile?

Please don't mince my words....I stated they have the tools to access the best quality...I did not specify CBR or VBR.
Whichever case you choose, CBR or VBR...higher bitrate is going to be better quality. Amazon in a browser typically allows the LOWEST bitrate 1080p file whether its
CBR or VBR. There are many higher bitrate files that the browser cannot see for both.

AS does not allow you to choose the highest bitrate file for either, but they do exist.

Please don't mince my words....I stated they have the tools to access the best quality...I did not specify CBR or VBR.
Whichever case you choose, CBR or VBR...higher bitrate is going to be better quality. Amazon in a browser typically allows the LOWEST bitrate 1080p file whether its
CBR or VBR. There are many higher bitrate files that the browser cannot see for both.

Let's put it this way: there are plenty of times when I downloaded stuff with AS that was BIGGER in cVBR than was made availably by the scene; the latter offer what they can get from wherever and make money---why is nobody wondering why they're not offering H.265 encodings when virtually all providers now offer them? The "best" is just a delusional myth.

I remember I read about this somewhere, but I had completely forgotten about this consensus between them. Thank you for mentioning it.

Scene rules are always changing and it doesn't mean they are right. As you said they just go by the "highest" bitrate. It gets even more stupid when you get into comparing "Apples" with "Oranges". You can't compare AVC CBR w/ HEVC CVBR they are 2 totally different beasts. Ii my opinion HEVC is my choice since it takes up less space and looks the same to me. Yes you can download all 3 to collect as well but seems like a waste of space and time to me.
Your post is completely irrelevant to what I stated.

Let's put it this way: there are plenty of times when I downloaded stuff with AS that was BIGGER in cVBR than was made availably by the scene; the latter offer what they can get from wherever and make money---why is nobody wondering why they're not offering H.265 encodings when virtually all providers now offer them? The "best" is just a delusional myth.
P2P groups don't make money per download and they do offer H265...you just don't have access.
AND AGAIN...I NEVER STATED ONE WAS BETTER THAN THE OTHER.

LKNgEev.png

Normally...they pretty much tag the same...

» Alex.Rider.S01.2160p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.HDR.H.265-SKGTV - SCENE

» Alex.Rider.S01.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTG - P2P

NTG no longer exists though...because they were BUSTED!

never seen
Code:
SKGTV

on the long lived sites, so no idea who they are... but the convo is going off topic... In any event the "best quality" is objectively the video that uses lower QP, not larger size overall.

never seen
Code:
SKGTV

on the long lived sites, so no idea who they are... but the convo is going off topic... In any event the "best quality" is objectively the video that uses lower QP, not larger size overall.

OK..Let's END THIS....READ MY POST. I NEVER STATED ONE WAS BETTER THAN THE OTHER.

Discussion OVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back