• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved Amazon Prime - Could not load playlist

Status
Not open for further replies.
just purchased lifetime today, didn't bother with trial tbh, but did look over forums a good bit first to decide, all looks good.. but...

after registering I began by filling in amazon credentials, then got this error code (ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED) but the login to amazon is successful and it's obviously my amazon homepage and has my name in the account area, etc. in short, the error appears to be meaningless... but doesn't seem like a good sign.
1685758060060.png

so I move on and login to disney and paramount. no issues on login or download. back to amazon I tried to download a movie which results in: Could not load playlist: error code 3 - Host s3-iad-2.cf.dash.row.aiv-cdn.net not found
1685758230980.png
tried several other movies, get the same error (same host) and like two other hosts as well, but the error itself is unchanged other than the hostname.

I think I've exhausted existing forum info on the subject by now, at least what I'm finding, which are basically all saying they use pihole and that was the issue. I do not use pihole. I have no 3rd party system installed software, nor do I use network level web traffic filtering/firewalls or other devices. I don't even run 3rd party anti-virus/malware software, and though I don't bother to disable windows defender, I'm sure that's not an issue. this is windows 11 if that makes a difference.

so here's what I've tried:

1. changed router's config for google DNS to my ISP, restarted router for good measure. then ipconfig /flushdns and reboot for good measure. didn't resolve. (and yes, windows is configured to get DNS from router.)

2. closed AnyStream, deleted cache folder (%userprofile%\AppData\Local\RedFox\AnyStream\cache) and restarted, logged into amazon again, didn't resolve.

* also btw, every single time I start AnyStream after deleting the cache folder, right after I login to amazon again I get the same error as originally (ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED) but only when loading the main amazon page after login (like, not prime video, but just amazon), then when I click the Home button in AS it goes to Prime Video and there's no error.

3. checked, and yes I can watch the same movie in a regular web browser.

4. found the last line before the last error in log messages which references a playlist URL, pasted that in a web browser, it downloads a file. so no issue actually reaching that URL... for reference, here's one from a random attempt to download in AS: https://s3-iad-2.cf.dash.row.aiv-cd...186-cb57-447b-8c49-d81d1124e67e_corrected.mpd (I removed a url parameter from the end after the ? btw, but it didn't matter the file downloaded either way.)

5. closed AS, again deleted cache folder as above, AND changed DNS to cloudflare as suggested in other posts. ipconfig /flushdns and reboot.

success! well, one movie only, one that previously failed btw. BUT THEN the 2nd download attempt failed with the same error as before. then a 3rd, then like 20 more attempts for different movies all failed. even trying to re-download the same movie that just succeeded now fails (I renamed in the folder just in case that would be an issue) and it still failed on subsequent tries with the same error as before.

if it matters some of what I was trying to download I had previously purchased, other items were just included with the prime sub, but my account has access to all of them one way or another. nothing was rented or even recently purchased.

gave up for a few hours, cooked up something to kill the hangry, then tried again. same luck.

attached is the log where I had success that one time, but failed repeatedly for like 20 more movies, and then failed even at trying to redownload the same movie. it should also contain the error after amazon login as well.

happy to provide more info as necessary.

any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.5.5.0.astlog
    622.9 KB · Views: 5
Uninstall the program and reinstall the program. You can leave your registration alone.
Are you using the green downloadable’s button to download? Are you an Amazon prime member?

Uninstall the program and reinstall the program. You can leave your registration alone.
Are you using the green downloadable’s button to download? Are you an Amazon prime member?
1685762908875.png

exact same behavior as before.

I assume you mean this button
1685762942995.png
then this one
1685762961971.png
yeah, because I didn't see any other way lol

edit: ...and yes I'm a prime member. and to reiterate more clearly, yes I can watch the same prime video content that AS can't download in my web browser on the same PC.

Thanks

Attachments

• 1685762958628.png
    1685762958628.png
    63.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
This is why it's always wise to use a free trial if it's offered. You seem to be the only person having this issue. Something on your computer is intermittently blocking your downloads.
Go into Settings and go through all the tabs, make sure you are in the correct region. United States. Make sure your Amazon Prime membership is paid up to date.
Save.jpg

Where I am in the world it's very late now. I will go over your log file closer in the morning. But a quick look tells me Amazon is having issues believing it's you ( Yes I know you are a member of Amazon and you log in, but you have to pay for a Prime membership for most movies, You can download the ones you pay for without a Prime membership. I hope you rebooted your computer in between uninstalling and reinstalling.
Try our new beta
Windows download 64 bit: https://download.redfox.bz/download/sandbox/SetupAnyStream_1.5.5.2_64bit.exe
Windows download 32 bit: https://download.redfox.bz/download/sandbox/SetupAnyStream_1.5.5.2_32bit.exe

Goodnight.

sure.

the prime membership is valid. annual renewal is at the end of July, so I'm 10 months into a paid sub.

settings are default - all I've changed is naming conventions for downloads. which btw work with other services (e.g. paramount.)
1685764127784.png

I have also tried the other two codecs as well on a number of the downloads, after reading about another thread about that.

not understanding what could be on my PC blocking downloads...

Whatever it is, it's not in your log file. It only says something is wrong and throws an error, as I said, it's late, and its time for me to rest. I will be back in the office in the morning.

Whatever it is, it's not in your log file. It only says something is wrong and throws an error, as I said, it's late, and its time for me to rest. I will be back in the office in the morning.
Thanks, appreciate your help. it's after midnight for me and I'm running on 4.5 hrs of sleep from last night, so I've about had it too. but one question if you're still up, if not no worries I'll check it tomorrow.

speaking of trials, I did spin up a VM with a fresh install of Windows on it to test, but
1685764729973.png

Question is, can I use my license file in the VM for testing, would this interrupt the install on my host?

Attachments

• 1685764727367.png
    1685764727367.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 0
Thanks, appreciate your help. it's after midnight for me and I'm running on 4.5 hrs of sleep from last night, so I've about had it too. but one question if you're still up, if not no worries I'll check it tomorrow.

speaking of trials, I did spin up a VM with a fresh install of Windows on it to test, but
View attachment 72414

Question is, can I use my license file in the VM for testing, would this interrupt the install on my host?
Yes, a licensed program can be used in a VM, not a trial.

Yes, a licensed program can be used in a VM, not a trial.
I gathered that from the message box, but I was asking if installing my license on the VM would interfere with the license on my host machine. tried it anyway, I see it doesn't.

I do get the same download error in the VM though. this is a vanilla Windows 11 install, 21H2 so a little more dated than my host PC, and absolutely no 3rd party software is installed except AS. log attached from attempt in VM.

also tried the beta version on my host PC, same error. rebooted between uninstall/install of beta.

I can try on earlier Windows versions if 11 is potentially an issue, I don't recall seeing it in system reqs. I have VMs from XP-10 ready to play with, but I'm uneasy about using that license file in another VM until you tell me it's fine. I didn't really see any info on your license/installation limitations, and since I'm not sure how your product activation scheme works, if there is a limited number of activations I wouldn't want to reach it in VM usage.

I'm aware you could still say software on the host PC is interfering, and while possible, I can't imagine what that would be. I'll try a different physical PC tomorrow, assuming my license is good for yet another install. for now I'm tired.

will check back sometime tomorrow.

thanks again.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.5.5.0.astlog
    147.5 KB · Views: 1
Code:
[Error] [vendor:prime] Could not load playlist: error code 3 - Host s3-iad-2.cf.dash.row.aiv-cdn.net not found
That looks like AnyStream cannot reach URLs that are necessary.
You have some Ad/Spam/Virus-blocking Solutions in place?
Something that fiddles around with DNS like PI-hole and such?
Try to temporarily disable those and/or configure exceptions.

EDIT: Damn, should have read the whole post ... 😖
You pretty much covered all the usual troubleshooting by now.
If it doesn't even work on a vanilla machine, then IMO the culprit is either your router or your ISP ... no other options left.
On the other hand ... where did you install the VM? On your main PC or a different hypervisor?
If the first, then it's possible that whatever prevents AS from accessing that url on your PC, will do the same on the VM.

It's not for me to decide, but if it's really not working, I'm sure you can get a refund, if you like.

Last edited:
Code:
[Error] [vendor:prime] Could not load playlist: error code 3 - Host s3-iad-2.cf.dash.row.aiv-cdn.net not found
That looks like AnyStream cannot reach URLs that are necessary.
You have some Ad/Spam/Virus-blocking Solutions in place?
Something that fiddles around with DNS like PI-hole and such?
Try to temporarily disable those and/or configure exceptions.

EDIT: Damn, should have read the whole post ... 😖
You pretty much covered all the usual troubleshooting by now.
If it doesn't even work on a vanilla machine, then IMO the culprit is either your router or your ISP ... no other options left.
On the other hand ... where did you install the VM? On your main PC or a different hypervisor?
If the first, then it's possible that whatever prevents AS from accessing that url on your PC, will do the same on the VM.

It's not for me to decide, but if it's really not working, I'm sure you can get a refund, if you like.

VMs I use are in virtualbox on the host PC I'm also having the error on, so yes it could be the host PC, but it isn't. I just tried the trial version on a Windows 10 PC downstairs which I only use for VR games, and I get the exact same error when trying to download. this PC also has no 3rd party security software of any type. in fact outside of the oculus rift junk and steam vr, there's nothing else installed on it at all.

so the issue is likely with router or ISP as you've observed.

the router is a very basic consumer oriented model, Ubiquiti's AmpliFi Alien. there is only config via a phone app (which annoys me, but the point is it's very simple.) there are no crazy features. the only non-default config I've done is assign a static IP to my main PC and forward a port for plex (and the cloudflare DNS now, but again I've tried google and my ISPs as well.) there are no "firewall" type features that I can find. firmware is up to date. only the VR box downstairs is wireless (connected to a secondary mesh point) but the main PC is wired directly to the main unit, so there's no quirky wireless settings/issues at play.

ISP is "Spectrum" (US) which has been buying up the competition for years, looking now they have service in 41 states. so I'd imagine if it were an issue with them, you'd have heard about it by now.

I guess it has to be the router, but how is this only a problem with AS? like I said, I can download the playlist/.mpd file found in the AS logs on the line before the error (e.g. https://s3-iad-2.cf.dash.row.aiv-cd...186-cb57-447b-8c49-d81d1124e67e_corrected.mpd) and of course I can watch the same movies on prime in a browser without issue as well.

have there been issues in the past with a particular router? I guess I can search for that answer.

edit to add that the router is connected to a cable modem provided by the ISP, but it is definitely configured as a bridge (it has no wireless or other routing capabilities, so it shouldn't have a firewall or other filtering on it either) and I can confirm that my Alien router has an internet facing WAN IP to back that up.

*** not interested in a refund btw. it still works great for other services that I'm using it with, and I only mentioned buying before trying (but after doing my research on the forums) as a testament to what appears to be quality software that is better than the competition in both functionality and support. overall my purchase is a net positive, no regrets here, but of course I'd still like to have the prime functionality as well.

Last edited:
The issue is on your end, I wish we made house visits to fix the computers but I am afraid that is not possible. All kidding aside, the issue is on your end. I can't help anymore. I have tried, and tried again,, but no one else seems to be experiencing your issue, so maybe it's something that will disappear, maybe Amazon has a region issue, it's all conjecture now. I gave you links to V1.5.5.2, install that and see if your problem still exists. I have no other ideas.

have there been issues in the past with a particular router? I guess I can search for that answer.

I was mistaken about the router's lack of a web interface. since I bought this thing a few years ago, an update somewhere along the way has provided a web config interface with about a dozen settings not available in the phone app, and mostly related to the radio so irrelevant, but among them I found the problematic setting:

1685803279245.png
disabling that and rebooting the router resolved the issue.

so congrats, you now have issues with a particular router. I'd wager this setting is likely found throughout the entire AmpliFi line, not just on the Alien.

I was mistaken about the router's lack of a web interface. since I bought this thing a few years ago, an update somewhere along the way has provided a web config interface with about a dozen settings not available in the phone app, and mostly related to the radio so irrelevant, but among them I found the problematic setting:

View attachment 72425
disabling that and rebooting the router resolved the issue.

so congrats, you now have issues with a particular router. I'd wager this setting is likely found throughout the entire AmpliFi line, not just on the Alien.
Thank goodness. I really didn't know what else to tell you, I am very grateful that you let us know you found the issue. Enjoy the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back