• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Amazon Prime audio quality issue in some episodes.

MasterMan2099

Hello,

In some episodes from some TV Shows the audio quality is being lowered. For example:
Code:
Region: Mexico (MX)

Title: The Last Ship (2014 TV Show)
URL: https://www.primevideo.com/detail/0QCCNA244TE0E73D1T1QLUC50O

In most episodes of the first season I'm getting:
Code:
Audio: DD+ 48000Hz 6ch 640kbps [A: SoundHandler [eng] (eac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1, 640 kb/s)]
Audio: DD+ 48000Hz stereo 224kbps [A: SoundHandler [spa] (eac3, 48000 Hz, stereo, 224 kb/s)]

But in others (S01E03, S01E04) I get lower quality:
Code:
Audio: DD+ 48000Hz 6ch 192kbps [A: SoundHandler [eng] (eac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1, 192 kb/s)]
Audio: AAC 48000Hz stereo 128kbps [A: SoundHandler [spa] (aac lc, 48000 Hz, stereo, 128 kb/s)]

I'm attaching some log files where in S01E02 I get high quality audio but in S01E03 I get the lower one.

Regards.

Attachments

• prime-The Last Ship- The Complete Series_S01E02_Welcome to Gitmo.astlog
    3.4 MB · Views: 1
  • prime-The Last Ship- The Complete Series_S01E03_Dead Reckoning.astlog
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
This is part of the DRM issue in the above banner, please be patient we will fix it as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

In defense for the new member, if you have no idea about the DRM stuff or that it also affects audio, even the banner will not help you. But yes, in general it should do the job.

And MasterMan, even if the DRM is fixed you might encounter some resolution or audio bitrate differences, just because this one episode is not available in any higher resolution or the provider messed up the encoding and forgot to put 1080p to the last episode.

In some episodes from some TV Shows the audio quality is being lowered.

Sometimes you can download episodes during they encode a new version of the show and you will see some audio tracks missing. Try a few hours or days later and see.
Although sometimes there are episodes that never show the best bitrate. I have episodes from tv shows that are only 448 instead of 640.

The issue is that since we have made the number of downloads per week up to 500 from 100, the system is a little bit slower getting the correct information to the file. So please just open and close the download once but in between let it sit for 15 secs or so to get the correct info and then open it again, it should in most cases display the correct resolution. If it doesn't try again. In some cases, the resolution will be lower and until we get the DRM sorted, that's the way it will be.

Hello,

Thank you so much for your comments.

I just wanted to let you know that I have tried on both the 1.4.9.5 and the new Beta 1.4.9.9 to download the full series and I only got the same audio issue on only those 2 episodes (S01E03, S01E04), on the rest of the series I got the highest audio quality.

If I try to only download only one of the episodes (S01E03 or S01E04), I continue to get the lower audio quality (192 kb/s or 128 kb/s) but I get the 1080 video resolution.

Do you think that this audio issue on those 2 episodes is related to a DRM issue?

Regards.

Hello,

Thank you so much for your comments.

I just wanted to let you know that I have tried on both the 1.4.9.5 and the new Beta 1.4.9.9 to download the full series and I only got the same audio issue on only those 2 episodes (S01E03, S01E04), on the rest of the series I got the highest audio quality.

If I try to only download only one of the episodes (S01E03 or S01E04), I continue to get the lower audio quality (192 kb/s or 128 kb/s) but I get the 1080 video resolution.

Do you think that this audio issue on those 2 episodes is related to a DRM issue?

Regards.
If I understand you correctly you got 640kbps on most of them and different audio on others. Unless you post a log file or at least tell me what you are trying to download and where. You have to give me a log file also. You have given me no information. If you are still talking about The Last Ship, it's a TV program, not a cinematic masterpiece. WE download what Amazon gives us. Different audio on episodes from a series is not uncommon, after all it is a TV series, and whether it's stereo or DD 640kbps, is not going to make a difference on that show. It's a made-for-TV series. All should be in FHD 1080p for your viewing.

Last edited:

I sometimes have the same on Amazon DE. I think this problem is an error on Amazon side and is not DRM based. In all cases I checked the audio is only limited in the H264 version. When I look at the H265/HVEC manifest file, the higher audio is available. So I think there is an issue on the mapping by Amazon. In some cases Amazon corrected this after some time. AnyStream can only download the H264 version at the moment, so you can't do anything else than wait for correction by Amazon.

I sometimes have the same on Amazon DE. I think this problem is an error on Amazon side and is not DRM based. In all cases I checked the audio is only limited in the H264 version. When I look at the H265/HVEC manifest file, the higher audio is available. So I think there is an issue on the mapping by Amazon. In some cases Amazon corrected this after some time. AnyStream can only download the H264 version at the moment, so you can't do anything else than wait for correction by Amazon.
Thank you Angie.;)

Back