Amazon - Pre and Post Ads

Discussion in 'AnyStream' started by Transmatrix, Jun 22, 2022 at 5:31 PM.

1. Transmatrix

Transmatrix Member

I've noticed that A LOT of the stuff I've purchased via Amazon and downloaded via AnyStream has advertisements for other shows both before and after the episode. This is frustrating as the primary reason I'm doing this is this is the only way to get HD versions of certain shows (like stuff on FXX) since they've stopped producing Blu-rays of all shows. Is there any way to prevent these "ads" from showing up? Or, should I use other software to edit the videos? (just also want to ensure I keep my subtitles.)

2. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

Name the shows and post a log file :)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022 at 6:42 PM
  3. DeepSpace

DeepSpace Well-Known Member

So the mp4 file has these things inside? In that case, it is part of the video and AS can do nothing about it. If you want to get rid of it, you have to use an editing tool.
    There are many to purchase and also free ones like LosslessCut. I think you can use ffmpeg to export parts of the video as well, but I never tried it if it is a thing.

However, I never had these ads in a downloaded video, only when I play it in a browser. Can you tell us if you are on specific channel or do you purchased movies that are entirely different to each other?

4. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

Don't waste your time Deepspace, log file or I cannot tell what really is happening.. ;)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022 at 6:41 PM
  5. DeepSpace

DeepSpace Well-Known Member

I don't waste my time when trying to help someone.
    Sure, it might be listed in the logfile but why didn't it happen if he doesn't provide one?

Wowfunhappy likes this.
  6. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

Do what you want. See how far you get helping this one.

7. TheGrimKeeper

TheGrimKeeper Active Member

It's common on shows from Fox from my experience. They are ads for other Fox shows. Not every series has this, but a lot do. This is not an AS problem, it's part of the main video from the provider.

8. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

If it is a burnt-in ad we cannot strip it. Impossible, but he can do it with a video editor.

9. TheGrimKeeper

TheGrimKeeper Active Member

Yup, that's what I usually do. As long as you cut at the key frames you can do a stream copy, which doesn't require a re-encode so it only takes a few seconds and doesn't compromise the quality.

RedFox 1 likes this.