• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Amazon Issues - Status inaccurate

My misunderstanding then. Carry on. My only suggestion would be maybe you could empower the community here to maintain a hugely speculative current status post in your stead so that you don't have to think about or bother updating it. As you've said, you are quite busy and most of us users should test and find out how things work. Perhaps it is us users who need to be better about combining our knowledge and sharing it with everyone else.
I do agree wholeheartedly and I will try to inspire the community to be more interactive. ;)

For what its worth:
V1.2.8.3
ExpressVPN to Miami-2
Worked with AP as well as Hulu (Which is the only 2 I tried now to grab a movie)
The thing people are chatting about a lot on NF - No go

@RedFox 1 - What we users can't create is an aptly named "Sticky" where users can add what they want to add regarding what works. A normal thread might get lost in all the complaints threads littering the forum.

View attachment 62486
If its not specific its worthless, people will have to try it anyway.

Worthless ? The text on the page explains nothing on the different problems of the current version except DRM problem, if you don't spend your time reading all the topics on the forum you don't know in a fast way.
I can think that only Amazon has a problem.
some streaming providers (Amazon) might not always work

Example : "It may work or not on Netflix... Oooh Netflix works it's cool, I will download my tv show" several days later when you watch "ooof too bad all the episodes are scrambled after 2 minutes and I don't have the subtitles, if only I knew before I could check"
"It works on AP, I will download my tv show, oooohh too bad all the 3 seasons I downloaded are downgraded to aac 128kbps instead of the 640kbps I chosed, if only I knew that the queue wasn't working..."

We only just need a sum up of the current software issues, that's all.

The team is doing its best to fix the current issues. We are very sorry for them but we did not break the software, yes its 99% DRM issues caused by retaliation of the providers, we are working night and day to fix them. It's best that can be expected, again, the issues facing you are being worked on. That's all I am going to say. We are not happy this is happing either. When you bought this software did you think the providers were going to sit back and say okay let them download our movies? Well they didn't. The implemented DRM ( Digital Rights Management) which the team is working on resolving. They will have a solution, I have faith. That's the best answer I can give you. Have a nice evening.

First: I know there are certain issues caused by DRM and while I also would love a definitive statement on the current issues/progress, I also know it is tedious work to update and maintain.

BUT: what you demand, does not have to be a sticky ... the following works also (I know from other forums) and does not necessarily have to be done by a mod.
Create a new thread with a descriptive name (e.g.: "Current issues with v1.2.8.4 - only post issues, no discussions")
Then create maybe 1-x extra posts in that thread as placeholder. Let people insert their issues and edit/update the first post(s) according to it.
As long as people post in that thread, it will stay on top. As soon as a new version is released, the information is outdated anyway, then you or anybody else can create a new thread for the new version.

I know that should be a mod's job, but they're only people and afaik don't get paid to do the job. :thankyou:

I fully understand why there is no sticky about the current status and it's not because "different regions behave differently".
It's just bad marketing to post what is NOT working in a software you want people to pay money for.
Personally I would prefer to be up front about the status.

Just my 2c

FWIW, I think the issue brought up in the initial post of this thread has been addressed. The 1.2.8.4 release notes used to say "Amazon Prime not yet working with new titles" and the thread was created to point out that that was perhaps a bit misleading.

The release notes now say "Amazon Prime not yet working with various titles".

Problem solved.

Back