• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Amazon doesn´t work in anystream today

Since I only just started using this router and the MR2200ac a few months ago I need to get more mileage out of them before I start explaining to my wife another router upgrade.. ;)

Honestly the only real complaint I have about the router is the support 'community'. Unlike here, where people are typically very helpful.. the most knowledgeable people in the synology forums often reply with "you really should read about your router".. well if it documentation and UX were good decent to begin with, we wouldn't *be* asking what the 'experts' consider questions too basic for an answer other than "RTFM".. :p
I wish I could help you but my son is an IT expert, so as luck would have it, he came to visit me when I was going to install the new router. He told me to take a nap and it was all set up when woke up LOL. It works great.

I wish I could help you but my son is an IT expert, so as luck would have it, he came to visit me when I was going to install the new router. He told me to take a nap and it was all set up when woke up LOL. It works great.

I literally LOL'ed at that.. No worries.. I was just sharing anecdote. I'll figure out a workaround - for now using a VPN handles it.

Honestly the only real complaint I have about the router is the support 'community'. Unlike here, where people are typically very helpful.. the most knowledgeable people in the synology forums often reply with "you really should read about your router".. well if it documentation and UX were good decent to begin with, we wouldn't *be* asking what the 'experts' consider questions too basic for an answer other than "RTFM".. :p
Welcome to the Blanche Dubois layman's technical club, where we must rely on the kindness of strangers. Or just pay them to solve our problems.

ASUS AX6100 bundle is the best router available on the market at a reasonable price.
I certainly have to agree with there. I was doing a ton of research on different routers, and even tested a few different models. All but one were returned within the week.

• The ASUS GT-AX11000 was a great router (Best Buy), but it was $450 USD which was may more than I was willing to spend considering I still needed an ASUS Extender option. I wasn't about to mix and match.
  • The Netgear RAX80 was tested (Costco). The performance was pretty good, but I wanted a Tri-Band and the Netgear web interface and the mobile app is horrendous. The App requires you to login using a Netgear online account even if you are at home and just want to manage it locally.
  • The Netgear RAX120 was tested (Best Buy, $450). I actually saw no better performance than the RAX80 and it too was just a Dual-Band. Not to mention it's a damn Netgear!
  • I found the ASUS AX6100 bundle on AMZ for $350 and I was pretty impressed with the features, and the cost. After watching some video reviews and seeing the web interface and mobile App demo'd, I had to try it out. I'm still using it to this day, although I notice I have to cycle power to my router at least twice a month because of these damn Apple devices. Nothing else on my network has loss of Internet other than Apple products.

I use a Netgear Nighthawk X4S R7800. It works pretty well. The web interface could be better and tends to be slow. I did have some issues with a few Apple devices connecting at 5G. I changed the channel it was using and haven't had a problem since.

again it doesn't work with some movies of Amazon, accepts the download but freezes without starting but it works very well with netflix and disney
I get the same problem on both Prime and Netflix, I click the last download, I get a blue bar and it stays at zero percent forever, tried up to 5 minutes. I abort, try again, same outcome. I then kill the program and start up again and the download of the same movie starts just fine. Under earlier versions this popped up a log file and killed AS, but that doesn't happen anymore I have to manually restart the program.

I've restarted the video and even played it in Edge to see if it will load there.. regardless the failure is the same every time..

00:00:39.388 - [Notice] [Pump:audio1:prime] Requesting license
00:00:43.267 - [Error] [Pump:video:prime] Download channel init failed: Connection refused

UPDATE.. I think I figured out the issue.. my router apparently is blocking connections to an analytics and tracking URL that prime video is requiring.. when I turn that off it works fine..

Mystery solved...

Do you recall the URL that was blocked? Would love to know it.

Not to disagree with you intentionally, but that is most likely a CDN node being blocked incorrectly as an ad and not an ad or tracking itself. I block the shenanigans out of ads/tracking/etc with my firewall and PiHole and have not had AS not work unless an actual CDN node was blocked. And I block A LOT of stuff as I do not use a hardware router but an actual firewall running as a VM.

I get the same problem on both Prime and Netflix, I click the last download, I get a blue bar and it stays at zero percent forever, tried up to 5 minutes. I abort, try again, same outcome. I then kill the program and start up again and the download of the same movie starts just fine. Under earlier versions this popped up a log file and killed AS, but that doesn't happen anymore I have to manually restart the program.

Do you use PiHole or filter or block your network in some way? That sounds like what happens when PiHole blocks a CDN node which is what I just posted about.

Do you use PiHole or filter or block your network in some way? That sounds like what happens when PiHole blocks a CDN node which is what I just posted about.

I use a Synology Router.. the RT2600ac. Great router.. and that router has built-in ad-blocking available. The problem is that Synology Safe Access (the feature that manages this) is opaque with respect to reporting the websites being blocked for anything ad-related. I could probably put in a global exception if I knew the right CDR domain names to use and that would resolve the problem.. I did notice this morning that - with one of the recent database updates for safe browsing - the problem has stopped and I'm able to download again without going thru a VPN.

I use a Synology Router.. the RT2600ac. Great router.. and that router has built-in ad-blocking available. The problem is that Synology Safe Access (the feature that manages this) is opaque with respect to reporting the websites being blocked for anything ad-related. I could probably put in a global exception if I knew the right CDR domain names to use and that would resolve the problem.. I did notice this morning that - with one of the recent database updates for safe browsing - the problem has stopped and I'm able to download again without going thru a VPN.

Well glad the problem resolved for you. Going by what you are saying it does indeed sound like the Synology was blocking the CDN that was trying to be reached.

Speaking from experience, if it happened once it can happen again and likely will. If you could go through the logs next time (if there any available to you) and find what was being filtered and put in an allow I think that would help you in the long-term. I would love to give you instructions on how to do that but I am wholly unfamiliar with Synology as I use other things for ad filtering, blocking and DNS filtering. Maybe someone else here can help ya with that.

If you could go through the logs next time (if there any available to you) and find what was being filtered and put in an allow I think that would help you in the long-term.

I'm sorry.. I should be more clear.. when I say that Synology is opaque about their ad blocking I mean they don't log a bit of information with respect to what they're blocking or how.. at all. Partially because what they do for CDN blocking is contextual. When I would view a Prime video in my browser I saw a few URLs get blocked.. but when I directly accessed those same URLs they worked fine. IOW.. Synology is using some ML-based algorithm (that they do not share details of) to block what they consider to be suspicious or in propagation of ads.

The reason going thru VPN worked is - of course - all of that traffic is then tunnelled and hidden from the router.

I'm sorry.. I should be more clear.. when I say that Synology is opaque about their ad blocking I mean they don't log a bit of information with respect to what they're blocking or how.. at all. Partially because what they do for CDN blocking is contextual. When I would view a Prime video in my browser I saw a few URLs get blocked.. but when I directly accessed those same URLs they worked fine. IOW.. Synology is using some ML-based algorithm (that they do not share details of) to block what they consider to be suspicious or in propagation of ads.

The reason going thru VPN worked is - of course - all of that traffic is then tunnelled and hidden from the router.

Well that is unfortunate because obviously that will make it hard to tell. However, if it happens again I am sure someone here can help you. I am sure some of us can check what's being queried for CDN wise and give you something to allow through. For example I just did a test download and I can see I am hitting something with a top domain of "aiv-cdn.net".

Back