• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Amazon Audio Issue?

Let's pretend I'm and uneducated noob. Okay, let's not pretend, I openly admit it.
You are not uneducated and you are not a noob. I can tell that from what you have posted already. "007" who you are asking this question, is an IT professional, we have been friends for many years. The issue here is that I am not sure he can explain what he does in a post, it would probably contain a wall of text that even I wouldn't understand. 0x0x0x0x0 is usually very busy at his job and he comes here to post when he has time. I am sure he will be back.

Let's pretend I'm and uneducated noob. Okay, let's not pretend, I openly admit it. ;) Can you point me in the direction of documentation on how this is done? I understand you surely know far more about this than I do but everyone starts somewhere.

Guitar players (like myself) are often not the sharpest knives in the drawer and often don't understand how their guitars actually work, they just play the heck out of them. Having been a guitar tech for 30 years and owning a shop for 20 of it I understood this. One brings me a guitar that squeals badly at high volume and gain not knowing why. I don't just tell them the pickups need to be dipped, I explain why and how it is done.

Let's assume I'm a guitar player here where the manifest is concerned. How do I go about comparing the AS and Chrome manifests? I know how to read Apache and mySQL error logs, how to create and populate .htaccess files, trap and handle errors and how to tail a file so I'm not completely oblivious.

You're overthinking it; the problem is much simpler!

The manifest file is essentially an XML file, manifests file names on Amazon are static, so you're in luck there and are usually just are UUIDs followed by some text and an .MPD extension.

Each track ("Representation") has its own "bandwidth" and "codecs" attribute, you just want to check whether the manifest has an "ec-3" [1] in the "codecs" with the `correct' bandwidth `requirement'. (You could just use the search function of whatever editor you want and look for ec-3)

Now the interesting question is how to get the manifest. With AS it's easy: click File->Log messages and look for the very last lines that contain "Playlist URL," that's your manifest file, you can just take that URL and paste it into any web browser and it should download that file.

As for Chrome, open "Developer Tools," click the network tab in the developer tools, and in the search field of the network tab type in .mpd then play whatever title you want to play. The manifest URL should appear in the network tab, you can right click it and do whatever with it ;)

1. Usual audio codecs are found in:
Code:
https://dashif.org/codecs/audio/

Last edited:

The manifest file is essentially an XML file, manifests file names on Amazon are static, so you're in luck there and are usually just are UUIDs followed by some text and an .MPD extension.

Each track ("Representation") has its own "bandwidth" and "codecs" attribute, you just want to check whether the manifest has an "ec-3" [1] in the "codecs" with the `correct' bandwidth `requirement'. (You could just use the search function of whatever editor you want and look for ec-3)

Now the interesting question is how to get the manifest. With AS it's easy: click File->Log messages and look for the very last lines that contain "Playlist URL," that's your manifest file, you can just take that URL and paste it into any web browser and it should download that file.

As for Chrome, open "Developer Tools," click the network tab in the developer tools, and in the search field of the network tab type in .mpd then play whatever title you want to play. The manifest URL should appear in the network tab you can right click it and do whatever with it ;)

Code:
Thanks bud. :thankyou:

It's all cool. 👍 I'll be the first to admit I don't know until I learn and sometimes need a nudge in the right direction. More than once I've been befuddled by man pages and server documentation techno-jargon. I was in IT for many years early on and back then there were no classes or courses. You had to sometimes read, try, fail, repeat many times to wrap your head around something.

I have a friend like that as well. Actually I mentored him many moons ago and when I talk to him now I just nod my head and smile as if I knew WTF he was talking about. 😆

I'll look into that. Thanks! Much simpler than I was thinking it was. Before software such as AS the only way to "snag" a video file was to read the page source to find the actual file's URL, sometimes hidden in a .js file to make it more interesting. Yes, I'm that old! 😂

:thankyou:

It's all cool. 👍 I'll be the first to admit I don't know until I learn and sometimes need a nudge in the right direction. More than once I've been befuddled by man pages and server documentation techno-jargon. I was in IT for many years early on and back then there were no classes or courses. You had to sometimes read, try, fail, repeat many times to wrap your head around something.

I have a friend like that as well. Actually I mentored him many moons ago and when I talk to him now I just nod my head and smile as if I knew WTF he was talking about. 😆

I'll look into that. Thanks! Much simpler than I was thinking it was. Before software such as AS the only way to "snag" a video file was to read the page source to find the actual file's URL, sometimes hidden in a .js file to make it more interesting. Yes, I'm that old! 😂

I bet that I am old enough to be your Dad. ;)

As for Chrome, open "Developer Tools," click the network tab in the developer tools, and in the search field of the network tab type in .mpd then play whatever title you want to play. The manifest URL should appear in the network tab, you can right click it and do whatever with it ;)

Code:

I gave it a shot and methinks megoofed something up. :unsure: Did as instructed but didn't see any .mpd. I should mention it is Chrome 109 on my workstation. Tested with Ghosts S03E10 since that was the first episode I couldn't get EAC3 5.1 with.

Attachments

• chrome_dev_console.jpg
    chrome_dev_console.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 18
Let's pretend I'm and uneducated noob. Okay, let's not pretend, I openly admit it. ;) Can you point me in the direction of documentation on how this is done? I understand you surely know far more about this than I do but everyone starts somewhere.

Guitar players (like myself) are often not the sharpest knives in the drawer and often don't understand how their guitars actually work, they just play the heck out of them. Having been a guitar tech for 30 years and owning a shop for 20 of it I understood this. One brings me a guitar that squeals badly at high volume and gain not knowing why. I don't just tell them the pickups need to be dipped, I explain why and how it is done.

Let's assume I'm a guitar player here where the manifest is concerned. How do I go about comparing the AS and Chrome manifests? I know how to read Apache and mySQL error logs, how to create and populate .htaccess files, trap and handle errors and how to tail a file so I'm not completely oblivious.

In the Chrome Browser.....open Amazon and Let's choose Warehouse13 Season 1 Episode 1....
Open the Developer Panel (Right Click the screen and click Inspect)

Go to the episode in question and don't click play just yet....in the developer panel, Top Line, click NETWORK, 2nd line beginning, click the red circle twice. This just clears old messages.

Start the episode and then pause it.

In the messages, you'll see a line that says this......GetPlaybackResources?device...........

Right click that line and choose open in new tab

Close to the bottom of that tab, you'll find the mpd link.....

Code:
https://ABCMESHAAAAAAAAMLB7YM5LWM7WYE.na-reg.dash.pv-cdn.net/dm/3$0CiQIAhIGCgQlJSUlICUwAUgBUgaAwAKB8AN6A4C4F4IBAQGIAQQYAQ/1@3541a2501ac50866f8af154c07da50e1/76fb/ce3a/17a9/47d6-b573-267689990784/4aca8cd9-6178-4076-a5c9-e800f0bf5759_corrected.mpd?custom=true&encoding=segmentBase

Open the URL in the Browser.....you can read through it and see the highest audio is 192000......same as Anystream.

I'll give that a spin either after while or in the morning! Saved the steps in case Brightspeed gets dull again. Just got a new guitar delivered so I'm a bit distracted at the moment. :D:coolman:

I'll give that a spin either after while or in the morning! Saved the steps in case Brightspeed gets dull again. Just got a new guitar delivered so I'm a bit distracted at the moment. :D:coolman:
Have fun!

I have a couple guitars, but I really miss my Jackson Soloist Custom Saturn....was stolen back in 2003. Sadly, I just missed it being sold on e-Bay a couple years back....no way to stop it....was shipped out of the country. Was in Mint Condition.

m1loibibdatmd3gt5rd2.jpg

I have a bud whose guitars (including a Jackson) were stolen while he was visiting CA. :mad: Soloist is NOT a cheap guitar!

I did look at that file and can see all the different bitrates in the stream. I'll give it a few runs tomorrow just to become familiar with it. I'll try something I know is EAC3 and look for ec-3 (if that's right).

I have far more guitars than any sane man should have. This is the one I just got. Michael Kelly Patriot Custom.

full_web.jpg

I have a bud whose guitars (including a Jackson) were stolen while he was visiting CA. :mad: Soloist is NOT a cheap guitar!

I did look at that file and can see all the different bitrates in the stream. I'll give it a few runs tomorrow just to become familiar with it. I'll try something I know is EAC3 and look for ec-3 (if that's right).

I have far more guitars than any sane man should have. This is the one I just got. Michael Kelly Patriot Custom.

View attachment 79703
Gorgeous! I bet each and every one feels loved and appreciated, so what better home could they ask for?

I gave it a shot and methinks megoofed something up. :unsure: Did as instructed but didn't see any .mpd. I should mention it is Chrome 109 on my workstation. Tested with Ghosts S03E10 since that was the first episode I couldn't get EAC3 5.1 with.

You had to sometimes read, try, fail, repeat many times to wrap your head around something.

That method is your friend, don't diss it! :p The network tab shows things that are being fetched, not things that have been fetched, so if you went to the network tab after the manifest was fetched it won't show; you have to configure the system for testing before any actual "testing," and you knew that, you just went on autopilot without thinking ;)

@Jimc115 tipped me off on that. I also see now the red dot is "record" and the button next is "clear." RTFR, probably used that more than RTFM. ;)

I grew up in the RTFM world, where the answer to any question was along the lines of "here's a 500-page manual and a 1000-page collection of use-cases and configurations, when you have something and it still doesn't work, RTFM again, then get back to me" but that was in the day when people were actually paid good money to write decent manuals... nowadays, most manuals are a half-arsed afterthought 🤷‍♂️ and don't get me started with code-comments "read the code, it's self documenting!" Yes, but how TF do I know that you've programmed what you've intended to program if you have no unambiguous statement of intent??? :mad:

That's IF you can find documentation at all. :rolleyes: One of my old bosses insisted I read and study the IBM Blue Book. Haven't been the same since. I think I even went blind for a few days.

There is one situation that is forever etched in my mind. Client's accounting SW started crashing doing monthly reports after an update. I looked at the code (naturally no comments) and.... "I understand you're telling me that is where you're parsing variables in the array. What I don't understand is how you're parsing empty variables. You haven't populated them yet!" :LOL:

Even with most Amazon titles coming down in AAC 2.0 I have one of the older Yamaha receivers that has a function that can extrapolate 5.1 from a 2 channel source. Not as convincing as genuine 5.1 but it is good enough until Amazon pulls their head outta "that dark place" it's in. Nearly all the D+ and P+ I've grabbed are 6 channel. I have P+ through Amazon as well and via Amazon it is 2 channel but directly from P+ it is 5.1.

I suspect a lot of titles on... actually not just Prime are extrapolated DD+ 5.1 sound for the simple reason that I can't see the practicality or the need of recording or mastering the original at that sound configuration, the only benefit of pulling DD+ 5.1 for those is the bitrate, if Prime had AAC at 128kbps per channel or true VBR, I'd pick AAC over DDP any day

I did find there is a Media tab in the Chrome Dev Tools and under messages it displays the video and audio stream properties. But, unless P+ is streaming in stereo it must not be detecting the audio stream properly.

I'll have to do a head to head between a Blu Ray and a title that has DD+. The one thing the Yamaha can't always get right are sounds behind the actor such as something coming up from behind, rear left or rear right. It is getting a bit grey in the muzzle and sometimes gets confused.

I did find there is a Media tab in the Chrome Dev Tools and under messages it displays the video and audio stream properties. But, unless P+ is streaming in stereo it must not be detecting the audio stream properly.

I'll have to do a head to head between a Blu Ray and a title that has DD+. The one thing the Yamaha can't always get right are sounds behind the actor such as something coming up from behind, rear left or rear right. It is getting a bit grey in the muzzle and sometimes gets confused.

May be a stupid question, but do you have a 5.1 or better sound system on your computer? If you only have 2.0, that's what it will stream to you.

Back