• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Amazon and subscription add-ons?

nrnoble

This question applies to other subscription services such as Hulu which also have add-on subcriptions.

Q: I have Amazon Prime, if I subscribe to other services through AP, such as Starz, ShowTime, Paramamont+, etc, is it possible to download content from those add-on subscriptions?

If this has already been discussed in another thread, feel free to point me there. Have been looking through the topics and searched, and have not seen anything so far.

This question applies to other subscription services such as Hulu which also have add-on subcriptions.

Q: I have Amazon Prime, if I subscribe to other services through AP, such as Starz, ShowTime, Paramamont+, etc, is it possible to download content from those add-on subscriptions?

If this has already been discussed in another thread, feel free to point me there. Have been looking through the topics and searched, and have not seen anything so far.
Yes.
AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, download with some streaming providers (Amazon) might not always work.
Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved, but it will take a few days. Thank you

Thanks, I do understand that are ongoing DRM issues with AP such as AP specific content; I accept the quoted statement without complaint. My question is about the ability to use AS to download the on-demand content from Add-on 3rd party steaming services. To use a specific example, assuming there are no DRM issues with a specific 3rd party AP add-on, will AS download content from the Paramont+ and\or Showtime through AP?

Amazon currently is offering 2 months for 99 cents for several add-on streaming services that AS does not directly support through the streaming service's app such as Paramont+ and Showtime (and several more).

In simplified terms, use AS to access additional steaming services through the AP portal.

Last edited:
Normally yes; Anystream will download fine from Amazon channels ie: the ones you list.

Currently, with the DRM issues I am getting the "cannot decrypt" error when attempting to download anything from Paramount+

(not complaining, just an fyi)

<<if I subscribe to other services through AP, such as Starz, ShowTime, Paramamont+, etc, is it possible to download content from those add-on subscriptions?>>

Yes, I can verify this for these Amazon Channels:
Paramount Plus, SHOWtime, Hallmark Movies Now, EPIX
There were and are some good specials available during the holidays.

I have P+ and Shudder channels through AP, and I can (usually) download content from those.

yes. ive tried thus far: noggin, epix, paramount+, discovery+, cinemax, hbo, starz, amc+, acorn, britbox, showtime, pbs masterpiece, pbs documentaries, history vault, cohen media, shout tv, boomerang, fandor, passionflix. that is, when there are no DRM issues, of course.

Last edited:
Paying for a subscription is no different than paying for an individual title whether it's a purchase or rental. It's all AP. Any title you're able to stream within AP can also be downloaded using AS.

Last edited:
Sadly for me, that's at the moment, nothing...
Sorry to hear. I haven't tried downloading anything from AP since the DRM cat and mouse game started again. Good things come to those who wait I suppose.

Back