• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Am I the only 1 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashhappy

Ive noticed lots of folks asking for special things like, Speed menu sounds and other nice things to make anydvd-hd shine and to have fixes made as to work well with other Dvds but what about the problem with not being able to play back the movies I've already burned and wish to burn, because of Copy protection like cinevia.
Maybe I'm missing something but if I cant watch the movie I just made and ALL the other movies I have made, then what good are speed menus and other cool fixes you folks at slysoft create?? I'm sure they are useful but maybe I'm missing something? Please don't think that I'm trying to get anything bad started (I'm not) I'm just curious and just wanted to know, if I cant watch the movies then whats the rest good for?
Thanks all... Again, I'm not trying to upset anyone but I must be the only 1 missing something here. Or is there a brd-player that will allow me to watch a movie without that protection stuff like cinevia> Thanks all...

As things are currently there are actually very few Bluray players that enforce Cinavia, there are many more players that don't. Oppo is one brand that so far has no taint of Cinavia, but they are a bit expensive.

We'll eventually get this too....

... but what about the problem with not being able to play back the movies I've already burned and wish to burn, because of Copy protection like cinevia.
Thanks all... Again, I'm not trying to upset anyone but I must be the only 1 missing something here. Or is there a brd-player that will allow me to watch a movie without that protection stuff like cinevia> Thanks all...

We make sure you can get the copy and don't guarantee it will play everywhere. Eventually we'll solve this but it won't be in AnyDVD.

I will second what you said Dashhappy, I also think the removal of Cinavia should be TOP on the list of the next software programs on the market place for AnyDVD.

I believe the development should be ahead of a AnyDVD software player and CloneBD, yes, it currently does not effect every DVD fan, but if the powers that build and support Cinavia have their way it will eventually effect every DVD fan.:doh:

Again...

AnyDVD's design makes removal of Cinavia impossible.
And as long as there are *L O T S* of players available w/o this thing we don't have the boilers in the red zone. It's being analyzed and brainstormed most likely but there are a lot more pressing things for our developers. As I said, we make the copy possible. After that it's not directly our envelope.

My understanding is that as of Feb.1,2012 all bd players manufactured will have cinavia in them. I have a Panasonic BD-75 purchased last June and is cinavia free. I don't connect to the internet and do movie only. A firmware update can put cinavia on your machine. I got 2 more of these machines much later and checked them for cinavia and put them away in my closet. If the one I'm using breaks I'll just pop in a new one. Getting the one that broke fixed would cost more than what I paid for it. Two weeks ago Best Buy had the 75 on sale for $66.00. I don't need all the bells and whistles for my BD backups, just the movie.

Anybody else hear about the Feb.1st date?

My understanding is that as of Feb.1,2012 all bd players manufactured will have cinavia in them. I have a Panasonic BD-75 purchased last June and is cinavia free. I don't connect to the internet and do movie only. A firmware update can put cinavia on your machine. I got 2 more of these machines much later and checked them for cinavia and put them away in my closet. If the one I'm using breaks I'll just pop in a new one. Getting the one that broke fixed would cost more than what I paid for it. Two weeks ago Best Buy had the 75 on sale for $66.00. I don't need all the bells and whistles for my BD backups, just the movie.

Anybody else hear about the Feb.1st date?

I think that date was pretty well known but having trawled around the net and seen messages from the likes of Oppo, I think it only applies to new players (I.E. Submitted for certification after that date). I believe that it is not mandatory to implement Cinavia in players already certified. Oppo have said that their current line of players will not get it.

I think that date was pretty well known but having trawled around the net and seen messages from the likes of Oppo, I think it only applies to new players (I.E. Submitted for certification after that date). I believe that it is not mandatory to implement Cinavia in players already certified. Oppo have said that their current line of players will not get it.
+1. That's well-known from PDVD 12 releasing on 1/31 to get around the Cinavia requirement, which further delays reverse-engineering of Cinavia via PC memory dumps. (That's almost certainly why AFAIK Cinavia hasn't appeared in any licensed PC player yet.)

Cinavia is a relatively minor issue for now; even if it can't be removed yet, it's still easy to avoid 99+% of its impact (and no, I'm NOT talking about the competition's dog-ate-my-homework workarounds). Cinavia's biggest flaw is that player-level Cinavia support is mandatory for it to actually work; that is unlikely to happen except for BDA-licensed players that either are software-based (PS3, licensed PC players) or support Cinavia at hardware level (newer SAs). Thus, most unlicensed PC players (including MPC-HC & VLC even if SlyPlayer never appears), older SAs (all current Oppos), DVD players, media players, etc. will at most see no effect from Cinavia beyond its nominal impact on audio; if it were THAT obvious it would be hacked already. :eek:

Last edited:
Not to mention that there is still very few titles that are infected with this garbage. Yes there have been more every year since it came to be but it's still a drop in the bucket and 99% of those come out of Sony. A couple of other studios have dipped their toes in the water with a couple of releases but the fact is most haven't even done that.

Ive noticed lots of folks asking for special things like, Speed menu sounds and other nice things to make anydvd-hd shine

The purpose behind Speedmenus is big. It allows simple menus but not keeping all the BD-J garbage. This can help in cases of Blu-Ray players not liking the way a Blu-Ray disc is authored and where a firmware update would be required and for HTPC use it really does speed up access to playing the movie and skipping the garbage. The need for bells and whistles hasn't really been done other than fixes to it and a tweak of the themes. I seriously doubt you can say that adjusting the graphical aspect of the themes has taken away development time from other things.

and to have fixes made as to work well with other Dvds

I'd say fixing issues with DVDs is pretty important... Definitely something Slysoft should do. They should resolve issues with new discs/protections/bugs, right?

but what about the problem with not being able to play back the movies I've already burned and wish to burn, because of Copy protection like cinevia.

I'm unclear here... we've known about Cinavia for quite some time. It's not used on that many discs but we've know what it does. It's been noted that Slysoft intends to deal with it but not until it's more common. Given that most discs have the Cinavia symbol on them and the others we all can easily hear about there is no reason a person should be blindly making a backup and then finding it unwatchable.

Slysoft has stated that Cinavia won't be handled by AnyDVD HD from the beginning and that it belongs in CloneBD which makes sense. Cinavia isn't something that can just be removed on-the-fly. It's also been noted that CloneBD will most likely not include support for Cinavia with it's initial release. Development of CloneBD began before Cinavia existed. Holding up development and the release of CloneBD to handle Cinavia doesn't make sense, IMHO.

Maybe I'm missing something but if I cant watch the movie I just made and ALL the other movies I have made, then what good are speed menus and other cool fixes you folks at slysoft create?? I'm sure they are useful but maybe I'm missing something? Please don't think that I'm trying to get anything bad started (I'm not) I'm just curious and just wanted to know, if I cant watch the movies then whats the rest good for?

Yes, you are missing something. All the discussion that has existed related to Cinavia dating back a long long time. The discs with Cinavia are discussed. The players supporting or not supporting Cinavia are discussed. Slysoft has clearly indicated their philosophy that they will handle Cinavia when it becomes a bigger thing and will do so with CloneBD.

Speedmenus greatly benefits AnyDVD HD as a whole and it's inclusion isn't some silly superfluous thing. It is enormously beneficial in numerous ways.

Having said the above, with all the discussion of Cinavia in these forums and elsewhere and with what Slysoft has repeatedly stated about their stance on handling it, I don't really understand backing up a Cinavia disc knowing that it won't play on a PS3 that has been updated and that it may not play on other standalone players once they had a firmware update. Even further, the hack-job someone else used for dealing with Cinavia was going to wind up being nullified and that was predicted by many of us.

Many existing Blu-Ray players don't support Cinavia but some do. I know that absolutely none of the Oppo players that are currently on the market support Cinavia and never will. With respect to other players I'll let people with other players discuss that one but you might try actually reading the thread in these forums that talks about which discs and devices are problematic with Cinavia.

IMHO, Cinavia removal is just too big a task to contemplate for the near future and a fool's errand.

The only current realistic solution is to ensure the consumer has access to a player that does not recognise Cinavia.

I would hope that Slysoft makes their Slyplayer a priority, in order to offer the consumer that option, and forget about Cinavia entirely.

Big yes, panic time no

We knew about this when it came around and it is on our list of things to do but it will not be so pressing to further delay the pending release of our next clone product.

As much as we'd like to placate ALL users all the time and quickly on top, we cannot go into panic mode for the PS3 owners. There are alternatives out there for playing one's copies.

There are far more prevalent marketing pressures at work pressing us to release our clone product first and then concentrate on the player.

Last edited:
Ive noticed lots of folks asking for special things like, Speed menu sounds and other nice things to make anydvd-hd shine and to have fixes made as to work well with other Dvds but what about the problem with not being able to play back the movies I've already burned and wish to burn, because of Copy protection like cinevia.
Maybe I'm missing something but if I cant watch the movie I just made and ALL the other movies I have made,

Cinavia doesn't stop you from creating backups. With the exception of the PS3, every media player will play it. WD-TV, Popcorn, Himedia, Neo-TV, ...

Or is there a brd-player that will allow me to watch a movie without that protection stuff like cinevia> Thanks all...
You should ask the other way: Is there a player that doesn't (except the PS3)?

In case you overlooked this ....

Maybe I'm missing something but if I cant watch the movie I just made and ALL the other movies I have made, then what good are speed menus and other cool fixes you folks at slysoft create??
Or is there a brd-player that will allow me to watch a movie without that protection stuff like cinevia> Thanks all...

As stated often here and all over: AnyDVD allows you to make the copy. There is nothing about Cinavia that will interfere with that intent.
Now, if you missed the "Cinavia" sticky on the AnyDVDHD Forum (fours lines below where you click "Post new thread" here is the content about the many, many players not giving a whit about this cinavia craziness:

Bluray players/media players that DO NOT contain Cinavia:

LG BD550 latest BD.8.31.339.C firmware, some firmwares earlier than 300.C contained cinavia
LG BD560 latest BD.8.31.339.C firmware, some firmwares earlier than 300.C contained cinavia
LG BD570 latest BD.8.31.339.C firmware, some firmwares earlier than 300.C contained cinavia
Samsung BD-P1590 latest firmware v2.13 and older
Samsung BD-C5900-XAA firmware BSP-C6900WWB-1019.1 and older
Samsung BD-C6900 up until firmware version BSP-C6900WWB-1018.1
Sony BDP-S300 firmware v5.30 and older (unknown if v5.40 is protected)
Sony BDP-S301 firmware v5.30 and older (unknown if v5.40 is protected)
Sony BDP-S360 latest firmware 007 and older
Sony BDP-S370 firmware M03.R.315 and older
Sony BDP-S550 latest firmware 020 and older
Sony BDP-S560 latest firmware 007 and older
Sony BDP-S570 firmware M04.R.624 and older
Sony BDP-N460 firmware M02.R.123 and older
Sony BDP-CX960 firmware v013 and older
Oppo BDP-80 - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it.
Oppo BDP-83 - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it.
Oppo BDP-83 SE - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it.
Oppo BDP-93 - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it.
Oppo BDP-95 - All firmware versions. The player doesn't require Cinavia under its licensing and doesn't support it.
Panasonic DMP-BD85 - firmware v1.70 dated 2010/10/15 and older
Panasonic DMP-BDT350 - firmware v1.73 dated November 22, 2010 and older
Panasonic SC-BT230 firmware 1.50 and older
Philips BDP9600 firmware 1.53
Pioneer BDP-51FD and BDP-05FD firmware v1.70
Pioneer BDP-320 V3.70 firmware and older
Western Digital WD TV HD Media Player 1st Gen - model: WDAVN00 (latest FW v1.03.01 and older)
Western Digital WD TV HD Media Player 2nd Gen - model: WDBABF0000NBK-NESN (firmware 1.01.70 and older)
Western Digital WD TV Live HD Media Player 1st Gen - model: WDBAAN0000NBK (latest beta Firmware v1.03.35 and older)
Western Digital WD TV Live Plus HD Media Player 1st Gen - model: WDBABX0000NBK (latest Firmware v1.03.29 and older)
Vizio VBR100 firmware unknown

Does that help now? :rolleyes:

(Yawn) .... thanks, but

And you think nobody knew about this?
I think enough has been discussed about this and there is a Cinavia discussion
already in place. Further discussion here is pointless.
To re-cap
- AnyDVD will not be able to fix this
- the follow-on product coming soon will eventually address this
- Running around yelling "the sky is falling" will not put one PSI on the boiler steam pressure gage.
- Please see this and the comments before going further from that page
https://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=48789

Closing this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back