• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Am I doing this right or what?

Wildrat

I have AnyDVD and CloneDVD and whenever there is an update I get it.
When I get a movie AnyDVD does it's thing in the background then I run CloneDVD and copy or clone whatever I want. Is this what I should be doing? I see others using shrink which I found to be pretty much useless on new stuff which prompted me in the first place to search the web for something better, which I found in Slysoft products. Why do I see people using these other programs? Is it because they don't have CloneDVD? or is it because I'm doing something wrong? I don't know, someone tell me.

You are doing it right

Hi There.
You are doing it right. Thats how simple this software is.
Regards.
Bob

Shrink can do stuff clonedvd2 can't this is one reason, the other reason is that it has always worked prior and they feel no need to get clonedvd2 39.99 regular, when dvd shrink is free, but shrink is getting to the point that it can't handle the newer dvd structures now. I still use shrnk after I ripp with clonedvd2 of course due to sharpness in the output of the backup video.

So what you do after copying or cloning to HDD with CloneDVD you then use shrink to copy to DVD for better picture quality?

So what you do after copying or cloning to HDD with CloneDVD you then use shrink to copy to DVD for better picture quality?

Yes that's why. I just use clonedvd2 because it's less of a headache to rip than others.

Yes that's why. I just use clonedvd2 because it's less of a headache to rip than others.

I'm thinking of buying CloneDVD. I'm wondering, does it work like Shrink where it will compress and burn the movie using the same application without having to download the whole movie to the HD first?

TIA

I have AnyDVD and CloneDVD and whenever there is an update I get it.
When I get a movie AnyDVD does it's thing in the background then I run CloneDVD and copy or clone whatever I want. Is this what I should be doing? I see others using shrink which I found to be pretty much useless on new stuff which prompted me in the first place to search the web for something better, which I found in Slysoft products. Why do I see people using these other programs? Is it because they don't have CloneDVD? or is it because I'm doing something wrong? I don't know, someone tell me.

If what you are doing is working and yielding good backups, you're doing it right. I haven't purchased Clone DVD because I have other software that does what I need.

Wildrat,

Once I discovered the ease of use of both AnyDVD and CloneDVD, I discarded all others.

On rare occassions do I have problems with certain titles, but the support to resolve these issues are quick and thorough.

Bettle Juice

Wildrat,

Once I discovered the ease of use of both AnyDVD and CloneDVD, I discarded all others.

On rare occassions do I have problems with certain titles, but the support to resolve these issues are quick and thorough.

Bettle Juice

I second that comment; they make it so easy why use anything else? A couple of clicks and you are on your way, clean and easy.

I'm thinking of buying CloneDVD. I'm wondering, does it work like Shrink where it will compress and burn the movie using the same application without having to download the whole movie to the HD first?

TIA
CloneDVD2 works just like Shrink in that case. You can take advantage of the coupon too.

Being able to do it in a few clicks is why i purchased the programs just a couple of days into the trial. It was so much easier than having to do all the other things that had to be done to copy a DVD before, it reminded me of the early 80's with the vic20 and Commodore 64 and copying S/W back then, we got pretty creative at doing it. I much rather would like SlySoft do the programming and I'll just press a couple of keys.
If you don't have AnyDVD/CloneDVD do yourself a favor spend the money, get free upgrades and save a lot of headaches and coffee coasters.

TIA

Yes it will... though the aggregate informed opinion is that the transcoder (compressor) in Shrink is superior to the one in Clone - but Shrink takes at least twice as long to "do the deed" - but it does it well.

-W

WildRat, i am all new to this and i got AnyDVD,CloneDVD,& CloneCD the frist time i tryed it and i know nothing about this stuff but it worked for me. love the software. :clap:

Yes!
I know what you mean about Slysoft products, very easy to use.
I was going the Shrink DVD route at first, but it was a headache for me, I did not want to wonder if I was doing things right, so like I said I came across the Slysoft web site. I read the site and said this is what I am looking for. The 30 day trial was a great idea. I said to myself even if I don't buy the S/W I can get a lot of DVD's done in 30 days. Well, I only lasted a few days before I bought the whole suite of products for my desktop. I have been doing things the easy way for quite some time now. The only thing I use now besides the Slysoft products is QSuite so I can change the book-type to CD-ROM on my BenQ drive so I can use the +R media I have and know it won't be a coffee coaster. I learned how to do that on this forum, so now I can get rid of those +R's that have been taking up room for months now.

OK, OK so I was a few days off on the trial period. 21 days not 30 days. All I'm saying is that I liked the programs so much I bought them before the trial was over.

Last edited:
Yes!
I know what you mean about Slysoft products, very easy to use.
I was going the Shrink DVD route at first, but it was a headache for me, I did not want to wonder if I was doing things right, so like I said I came across the Slysoft web site. I read the site and said this is what I am looking for. The 30 day trial was a great idea. I said to myself even if I don't buy the S/W I can get a lot of DVD's done in 30 days. Well, I only lasted a few days before I bought the whole suite of products for my desktop. I have been doing things the easy way for quite some time now. The only thing I use now besides the Slysoft products is QSuite so I can change the book-type to CD-ROM on my BenQ drive so I can use the +R media I have and know it won't be a coffee coaster. I learned how to do that on this forum, so now I can get rid of those +R's that have been taking up room for months now.
Slysoft only offers a 21 day trial. :confused:

Back