• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Always requiring server access for updates - for the same disc

GiantPanda

I am running Windows 10; I wish to work offline as much as possible. AnyDVD works very well indeed; I use VLC and this has given no trouble at all, ever, for me. But each time I play one specific UHD disc, AnyDVD reports that it must be connected to the AnyDVD server, and cannot otherwise decode the disc; However, no updates appear to be stored on my machine each time I do this; I appear to need online access each time. Am I doing something wrong? The disc is "Independence day".

I am running Windows 10; I wish to work offline as much as possible. AnyDVD works very well indeed; I use VLC and this has given no trouble at all, ever, for me. But each time I play one specific UHD disc, AnyDVD reports that it must be connected to the AnyDVD server, and cannot otherwise decode the disc; However, no updates appear to be stored on my machine each time I do this; I appear to need online access each time. Am I doing something wrong? The disc is "Independence day".
You need to be connected to the internet to access the online Database. Otherwise, AnyDVDHD will not work with most discs. Otherwise, anyone could use our software for free if it worked without even verifying that you have a license to use it. :)

You need to be connected to the internet to access the online Database. Otherwise, AnyDVDHD will not work with most discs. Otherwise, anyone could use our software for free if it worked without even verifying that you have a license to use it. :)
Thank you for your reply. Most Bluray discs can be decoded by my version of AnyDVD off line, so I am assuming that you have two sets of data, one set that is shipped with the installation (I have a lifetime license, by the way) and one set that remains in the server. Is it possible that a future release would include the some of the data sets currently on the server?

Thank you for your reply. Most Bluray discs can be decoded by my version of AnyDVD off line, so I am assuming that you have two sets of data, one set that is shipped with the installation (I have a lifetime license, by the way) and one set that remains in the server. Is it possible that a future release would include the some of the data sets currently on the server?

Is it possible that a future release would include the some of the data sets currently on the server?
This is not a question I am capable of answering. I have no idea what our future may hold.;)

Right now, for UHD, you need an online connection to the OPD every time. If there are plans to change that in the future, Redfox has not announced it. This is why they say UHD support is beta.

I am running Windows 10; I wish to work offline as much as possible. AnyDVD works very well indeed; I use VLC and this has given no trouble at all, ever, for me. But each time I play one specific UHD disc, AnyDVD reports that it must be connected to the AnyDVD server, and cannot otherwise decode the disc...

As already stated, an Internet connection is always needed for a UHD disc to decrypt in AnyDVD.

But I believe if you create an .iso from the UHD disc and remove protections (using AnyDVD Ripper with "Keep Protection" unchecked), an Internet connection is not needed to play the .iso.

T

Back