Always 100%

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by jaymac, Nov 21, 2021.

1. jaymac

jaymac Active Member

Recently noticed the quality is showing 100% for every dvd I'm sure it used to vary depending on what compression was needed and its only taking 16mins to copy

2. coopervid

coopervid Moderator

So? PCs have now far more computing power and DVDs are obsolete regarding video quality. BD and UHD are far better regarding video quality.

3. jaymac

jaymac Active Member

Same pc just curious as to the change

4. coopervid

coopervid Moderator

I'm not an expert for CloneDVD. Always used a competitor program. Sorry!

5. coopervid

coopervid Moderator

...and DVDs are obsolete like VHS tapes in my opinion. We have BDs and UHDs now.

6. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

More than likely, on the Title Configuration page, you have the Quality bar set to DVD +/- R. That means no compression, so everything will be 100%. Changing the Quality bar drop down to DVD-5, you will then see the compression changing.

If your output is to a single layer disc, you would want it set to DVD-5. If a double layer disc, then DVD +/- R. If you are just ripping to a hard drive, then DVD +/- R uses more space but has better quality. DVD-5 uses less space, but quality will be lower.

7. jaymac

jaymac Active Member

Wrong I already checked all that before I posted i'm not new to the forum

8. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Not a really helpful comment in my opinion.

9. ALPHA

ALPHA Well-Known Member

NO

10. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

If it is set to DVD-5 and the Quality bar stays at 100%, then your source discs are single layer discs, so they would be at 100%. There is no other option.

11. FurryGuy

FurryGuy Well-Known Member

There is considerable content only available on DVD. Not on Blu-ray, not for streaming.

Older movies/TV shows for example. Newer movies and TV shows are where BDs "rule".

The constant pronouncements of the death of DVDs is exaggerated, predicted for years and years.

DVDs may be heading for obsolescence, as happened to video tapes, the format ain't there just yet. Some day it will be a memory only appreciated by a select few.

CDs were supposed to kill vinyl records. Audiophiles have given them a new lease on life because of the quality of the recording and playback.

My foray into Blu-ray happened only a couple of years ago. When buying content on Blu-ray became cost effective that rivaled DVDs. And some content I wanted was only available on BDs.