• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

alway asking which region code anydvd should use

SD_J-I_88

hey i ripped my mcu collection today and anydvd is always asking which regioncode it should use even i selected automatic in the settings as well as "bluray regionsbeschränkung entfernen"

It will ask you once, if it can't figure it out itself.

all right, i thought it will remove it regardless what i choose.
are there any cases that i should use a specific region code instead of removing it?

The automatic mode isn't perfect. It's not always possible to detect the disc region. Any time you wish you play YOUR region's discs, in a player of a different region; or play discs from a different region in YOUR player. You MUST specify the DISC's region in order to make it region free. (Anydvd does this by making the disc THINK it's then always playing in a player of the region it came from, essentially making it region free)

If you don't import discs, or have no plans on playing yours in a foreign region, you don't need to remove the region. If you have such plans, you do need to remove it.

Just a follow up question on this feature. I use DVD & BR from multiple regions, and also use Nimbie and MyMovies.dk so I can load a stack of 50 discs, and let it run. However, everything comes to a halt if the Region detection pop-up box appears. Is there a way to do a setting so discs from various regions will always play as my home USA region without stopping the process with that pop-up region box?

Thanks!

Not that i know of, the only workaround the dialogue is to set a fixed region, but if you then insert a disc that doesn't match (eg you specified fixed region A, but you insert a region B disc) you will cause a region mismatch and the disc will refuse to play.

I figured that was going to be the answer, and of course I need the setting to remove region so I can play it easily on my networked Dune Solo TV device.

It’s not the end of the world if the automated Nimbie stack has to be manually dealt with to clear the region pop-up...but it would be cool if they could just always remove any region without needing to answer the pop up.

Thanks though!

Well, you could do it one other way and process your multiple discs according to region. Eg: first all your A's, then your B's, then C's or something. That way you could set a fixed region and avoid the dialogue box.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I'm still dealing with this issue while using Nimbie to bulk rip. Now I have the complete Banshee BR series I bought from Amazon, and they are from the same WB/HBO label. However, it is stopping on EVERY disc to ask what region. I tried selecting Region A, and No Region, but the next disc stops again for an answer to the question of region...so your idea of sorting by Region "A's" is not working.

What is weird is that I do not remember having it stop like this on every disc, especially from a string of discs from the same TV series in the same container.

It is effectively making the Nimbie worthless, because I cannot run a string of discs while I sleep.

Are you sure it's not set to 'always ask'? Cause what you're saying is exactly what the behavior should be when it's set to 'always ask'.

Are you sure it's not set to 'always ask'? Cause what you're saying is exactly what the behavior should be when it's set to 'always ask'.

This is the settings it is on.

Attachments

• Any.jpg
    Any.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 24
This is the settings it is on.

You didn't set a fixed region like i said, you still left it on automatic which is why Anystream is asking the region. I specifically told you to specify a fixed region. Set it to "Region A" when you're processing region A discs. "Region B" when you're doing B's. That will prevent the dialogue box.

You didn't set a fixed region like i said, you still left it on automatic which is why Anystream is asking the region. I specifically told you to specify a fixed region. Set it to "Region A" when you're processing region A discs. "Region B" when you're doing B's. That will prevent the dialogue box.

I feel so stupid. I thought you meant to just sort discs into piles of A, B, C and run the string of same regions at a time. I didn't understand to change the AnyDVD setting also to A, B, or C. I'm sure that will fix the issue.

Now one last question on regions because I buy some that are made in Hong Kong, China, Europe, Australia, etc...there are designations of numbers for regions as shown in this link, and there are 7 listed. How does that translate to only 3 letter options (A, B, C) on AnyDVD?

It doesn't at all. That's because you're looking at the wrong map. It clearly states DVD regions. Not blu-ray regions. There is in fact 8 or 9 dvd regions (if you count the non-country airline regions).

BD regions only have 3. A, B or C.

Code:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray#Region_codes

It doesn't at all. That's because you're looking at the wrong map. It clearly states DVD regions. Not blu-ray regions. There is in fact 8 or 9 dvd regions (if you count the non-country airline regions).

BD regions only have 3. A, B or C.

Code:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray#Region_codes

OK, well I'm glad I asked that question, as I did not realize there are separate sets of region codes for BR and DVD's. Thanks again for your expertise, time, and patience with these questions that we ask. You are always so kind and helpful, and I really appreciate it! Have a nice weekend!!!!

Just looking at those Banshee BR discs, and some other retail BR discs I got from Amazon, and I do not see a region "A" or any other listed on the disc or packaging.

Last edited:
If there's no specific region mentioned on the packaging, or it mentions multiple regions (eg A/B) the safe route is to pick the region where you bought the disc at.

Eg: you're in region A, you import a disc and it has regions B/C marked but you bought it from the UK (region B) then you'd specify region B for removal (region C would work too) and you'd end up with a region free disc.

Specifying region A in that case would render the rip non-functional (as it wasn't coded for that region, and would effectively make the disc think it's always playing on a region A device, and the region coding restriction would always kick in)

One final reply in this thread to show my appreciation. The specification of BR region has allowed me to just finish a run of 600 BR & DVD discs without stopping in my Nimbie (& mymovies.dk). Big thanks!!!!

Back