• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Alternate site downloaders?

King_Pin

Anyone have an easy way to download(not screen record) from sites like fmovies?

Video DownloadHelper (Browser Extension), yt-dl, jDownloader (needs Java I think), Open Video Downloader.

Also you can try Tube Digger, it was a good help for me for one provider not supportet by AS yet. There is only one issue I still have to report there, if there is a midroll add, it will stop the video and create a new file as soon as the ad is done instead of waiting till it is finished. Also there are a few seconds (2-3) at the beginning of the next file that are double (already at the end of the last segment before the ad begun). Also that cut seems not to be a smooth one at the end of the first file. That needs to be fixed.

Video DownloadHelper (Browser Extension), yt-dl, jDownloader (needs Java I think), Open Video Downloader.

Also you can try Tube Digger, it was a good help for me for one provider not supportet by AS yet. There is only one issue I still have to report there, if there is a midroll add, it will stop the video and create a new file as soon as the ad is done instead of waiting till it is finished. Also there are a few seconds (2-3) at the beginning of the next file that are double (already at the end of the last segment before the ad begun). Also that cut seems not to be a smooth one at the end of the first file. That needs to be fixed.
I use Video Download helper but I can never get the browser extension to work. Maybe it's because I am using Brave Browser. I'll have to take a look at the others you mentioned. Thanks.

VDH cannot download everything, for some things you should use another application.

Last edited:
I think you have a chance of getting a download from the site you want.

StreamFab, after all, has support for downloading from various sites.

You mean like Apple+ in 480p or 360p? No thank you. HBOMax in 720p max, that software is a joke, and if you get into cracked software beware of the consequences.;) They also collect information ( your private info, like machine ID and other things in the log files that are right on your desktop.)

Last edited:
that software is a joke
In general you are right, there is a major bug breaking the queue function entirely and it is slow when analysing seasons since it analyses the entire series, not only the season you have open right now (that is a feature, yes, but you cannot choose if you want it to happen or not. So everytime you open the same site with many seasons you have to wait for minutes till you can do anything, maybe you even only clicked accidently on it...).

However, as others already mentioned it is good to have an alternative thing at your hand and it indeed saved my life when I discovered that Detective Conan was about to leave and AS still had the reloading loop. I had luck in the bad, I was able to download 3.5 Seasons with SF, but sadly they also have a token limit (that they don't show right in the UI so you never know how much you have left...).

Luckily the RF devs where able to fix the issue right in time and even gave me some tokens since I had not enough, so I was able to finish the third and the entire fourth season using AS right before it left :dance:
Now, since the bug is fixed and I finished Stargate last week, I continue to download Conan so I have it completed in case they decide that the other seasons will also leave for some stupid reason.

So, to sum it up: Yes, I think AS is better than SF and even cheaper. However, it is still good to have a second solution in case AS can't download something (it was also able to download the new Trailer for Amz Rings of Power, as we know AS currently is not able to download these things...) or if the provider you want to get something from is not yet supported by AS (like Joyn, were there is another bug for a specific site I have to use TubeDigger for, but in general it is working).
Also, it's UI is both good and bad. Bad because it is not like AS where you have everything on one screen, if you want to see your download list you have to go into the seperate section (just like you switch between provider tabs in AS). However, this download section has some more details, it shows you the final file size of the download (not only the current size like AS), the quality and it is better readable than the white text on light blue of AS, as it is black text on top of a white background.

That aside, I can now add my two cents to the CBR vs VBR thing as SF can download both. I downloaded the Trailer of Rings of Power in both versions and VBR (what they call CVBR for some odd reason, constant variable bitrate??) gave me bigger files. I was not that sure, but I think the VBR looked better as well. It is only a trailer, so I would have to test a movie or a full episode for that matter.
But right now I think that VBR is the better thing, for the technical reasons that have been explained many times already.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, to sum it up: Yes, I think AS is better than SF and even cheaper. However, it is still good to have a second solution in case AS can't download something

I know this thread is a bit old, but I've been looking at SF for some time now as a "backup" to AS and an extension to other sites that aren't currently supported and this thread seemed like the best place to ask about it. I got the trial and it seems to work well on the content that AS doesn't support and yt-dlp can't handle (ex Roku, Tubi, peacock, etc). Do you still recommend it?

The price has always seemed steep to me for a "backup" to AS with a few extra sites that, for the most part, I can already process for free with yt-dlp and some time copying links into a text file. Although with Peacock still not official and Discovery+ not yet on AS it has been tempting. Anyway, interested in your, and anyone else's, thoughts. Thanks!

SF has recently updated the Discovery+ module. The download speed is very satisfactory. I also use Disney, Amazon and HBOMax. The latter still with 720p on SF. I use AS for HBOMax which is 1080p. The Amazon module in SF is the big differentiator, because it has the feature that I prioritize when downloading streaming content. The price of SF is high, but I don't regret it. AS is good and SF is good too, with nothing left to lose. And with the weekly updates it is constantly improving.

And yes, with SF I have 400 daily downloads for the four modules I subscribe to.

Do you still recommend it?
Sorry for the late answer, was not very active the past few days.
I haven't used SF that much in the recent time, but it was still good to have since AS cannot download the extras on Amz yet. So I used SF to optain the other trailers for Rings of Power.

Other than that, I cannot speak for the other sites they support, I don't use them besides the german sites. And on Joyn it was never able to download videos from a speficic subsite. Joyn itself is working though.

I always used TubeDigger for that (mention in my first comment), but it is not a real downloader like AS is. It grabbs the fragments and saves them. This is still usefull if you want to record livestreams or if no downloader can get the video, but due to the ads it broke the video, since one or two fragments got doubled.

I finally asked the dev behind TubeDigger if he could do anything, but it seems he doesn't want to (reminds me of something).
However, he tried to help me and in the end suggested to try ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader Pro. I already tried it a few month ago, but it didn't work. Now I tried it again and it worked like a charm, so I probably missed something (the expert mode I guess).

You have to use the expert mode, the other will not work/ detect no video. And it is not free as well, but it is the only program I know to download from there and it is also working on another site. It should work on more sites to, I just haven't really tried them yet.

The only downside is that the UI is bad (with the expert mode you can have up to three windows, in addition to that the list could be bigger if the bottom part would with the converting stuff would get removed). And the german translation is absolute crap. It is not even a bad Google Translator translation, it is so bad that I couldn't use it at all when set to german. I would understand if they messed some grammer things up, but not only is it half en, half de, but some things just make no sense at all.

Luckily, you can just open the language file with the editor, so I fixed it within two hours or less, but since some parts are missing I have to get in touch with the dev(s) first. (Yes, less then two, maybe just one hour, but the file was created and last updated in 2013 lol). I cannot believe that it has been the case like this for almost ten years, and then they charge 109€ for the lifetime license.

Back