• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

All protections not being removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panthera4142Male

i was told before that anydvd 6332 removes all protections

i tried the new beta and the version listed above and it does not remove the protections cause when i put in the dvd that i ripped it shows this it found and removed stuff that should have been totally removed before.

Summary for drive I: (AnyDVD 6.6.3.3)
ALVIDRV BDDVDROM 3.2C
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1890080 sectors (3691 MBytes)
Total size: 3780144 sectors (7383 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: TWILIGHT_NEW_MOON
Media is not CSS protected.
Media is region free.
Video Standard: NTSC

Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
RCE protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 7 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

if it did work it should not find anything on my backup

Please upgrade to the latest beta version, and post a full log file from the original disk.

here is the log file

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.3.3_Info_D_TWILIGHT_SAGA_NEW_MOON.zip
    213 KB · Views: 2
AnyDVD_Status

Code:
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.6.3.3)
HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H55L 1.06 08/10/03 7U02
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2084960 sectors (4072 MBytes)
Total size: 4153312 sectors (8111 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: TWILIGHT_SAGA_NEW_MOON
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1!
Video Standard: NTSC

Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 9 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!
The version of AnyDVD you are using ( 6.6.3.3 ) is up to date.

Code:
HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H55L 1.06 08/10/03 7U02
Please ensure you are using the latest firmware for your optical drive. See here.

Rip speeds on DVD and Blu-Ray might be improved by MediaCodeSpeedEdit. Please see RIPLOCK.
If installed (often from Duplex Secure, Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120% ), uninstall SPTD, which is the culprit for slow rips.
See here and here.

SysInfo

Problematic Filter cdrbsdrv from BHA/Ricoh as it was installed with the Ricoh EncryptEase format/engine and B's Recorder GOLD7:
Code:
cdrbsdrv (system32\drivers\cdrbsdrv.sys), Version: 8.1.1.0 (8.1.1.0)
Company: B.H.A Corporation
Product: B's Recorder GOLD
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2000-2009 B.H.A Corporation
Description: CD-ROM Filter Driver for Windows2000/xp
FileVersion: 8. 1. 1. 0
ProductVersion: 8. 1. 1. 0
PrivateBuild: 8. 1. 1. 0
Refer here for an list of known problematic filters. Further filter information here

Remove the filter(s):

1. Create a backup of your registry. Refer here for how to do so.
  2. Download ImgBurn (freeware).
  3. Start ImgBurn and go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order...
  4. Select "cdrbsdrv". Click Remove Selected Filter. Click OK.
  5. Reboot.

Whatever programs installed the filter may no longer work properly.
Reinstall the piece of software that originally installed the filter to get things working again if necessary.
It is not recommended that you do so, however, because the problem will likely happen again at a later time

After carrying out the above recommendations, please create and post a new set of log files.

A developer could answer this question more thoroughly but I'll just sum it up in layman's terms. The protections are removed and other programs won't see the disc as protected and a backup DVD isn't. That said, the A.I. Scanner is kicking in and it is saying there is something there that it is removing. Unless playback breaks then there isn't an issue. For all intents and purposes you can ignore what shows up in the status window when viewing an already backed up DVD. Obviously the status window matters for a pressed DVD. If a backup plays without issues and/or software used to process the backup is working properly then the information on the status window really doesn't matter. When there is a problem then that is when the information is critical. The way I view the A.I. Scanner is that it looks at what parts of the DVD are watchable/needed and keeps that while ignoring/removing the garbage that isn't which is where the structural protections are located.

If someone cares to clarify further then they can do so or correct anything I might incorrectly stated.

Last edited:
can you please explain in detail what i must do to fix this little problem

Panthera4142Male said:
Summary for drive I: (AnyDVD 6.6.3.3)
ALVIDRV BDDVDROM 3.2C
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Hmmm.
I was going to say you might like to set your region code for your drive...but the posted log states it's set to region 1.

Last edited:
can you please explain in detail what i must do to fix this little problem

When setting a drives region code - exit AnyDVD completely first.

Backups often report "ghosts" of protections, or as Drinky stated even some residual protections that have no consequence.
This is normal.

-W

Last edited:
i was told before that anydvd 6332 removes all protections
It does.
EDIT: Otherwise you wouldn't be able to make a copy, would you?

i tried the new beta and the version listed above and it does not remove the protections cause when i put in the dvd that i ripped it shows this it found and removed stuff that should have been totally removed before.
This is cosmetic, you can ignore it.

if it did work it should not find anything on my backup

You are incorrect, it is very common for a backed up DVD to still show that it has protections. The backup is totally fine. If you want to believe it isn't, well, that's up to you, but you're wrong.

Not sure exactly what some people are trying to troubleshoot in this thread.

Aside from his "thought error".... his region code might have been unset.

And there's the fact that some stuctural protections really do "pass through" AnyDVD - unless you use the "rip to folder" tool. But they are of no consequence.

-W

This isn't all that uncommon when you use something other than CloneDVD2. Just because it shows it there doesn't mean it is there either. As long as you made a backup and it works without problems then all is well. This thread really has gone far enough. I had/have this problem before using third party apps to compress/burn as well so I already know. Take this post for what it is worth and move on for better health.

OK - Now I'm confused?? (thanks Charlie) :aiee:
I didn't think it was at all about CloneDVd vs 3rd party stuff.

The way I knew it, keeping 3rd party stuff out of the mess.... and correct me if I'm wrong?

AnyDVD rip to image = structural pass through
AnyDVD rip to folder = no structural pass-through
AnyDVD/CloneCD = structural pass-through
AnyDVD/CloneDVD = no structural pass-through

In other words if you do a true 1:1 copy you get a little (non-consequential) structural protection pass-through. But if you use a re-authoring tool, like CloneDVD or AnyDVD rip to folder, then you don't get that. Isn't it just that simple??

-W

Well yes and no to be honest. I haven't ripped using anydvd then import the rip in any third party. I have used AnyDVD along with DVD neXt COPY and had the backup read out like mentioned here. Never have seen this using CloneDVD2 along with AnyDVD though.

Well yes and no to be honest. I haven't ripped using anydvd then import the rip in any third party. I have used AnyDVD along with DVD neXt COPY and had the backup read out like mentioned here. Never have seen this using CloneDVD2 along with AnyDVD though.

I had seen it before even using CloneDVd2, but as James said it is cosmetic.. You can check with Twight or Twilght 2 if you have it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back