• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

All Profiles Have Disappeared!

cheapherk

For no apparent reason, every single one of my game profiles disappeared. This happened before, but all I had to do is shutdown GJ and restart.

I searched for a solution and tried what was recommended in this threadhttp://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=11757&highlight=profiles+disappeared, but it did not work. All of the files mentioned in this thread are indeed in the folder.

Is there anything else I could try?

What would cause this to happen?

There is supposed to be another update in a couple of days that addresses allot of fixed issues.

The fix as posted in the other thread should have fixed the issue. You could try one of the other maplom.lib_x files

FYI these are backups of the GJ profiles with maplom.lib_1 being the newest and maplom.lib_5 being the oldest.

I am new to all this but the same thing happens to me every time I try to add more than two or three games or maybe it is when I hit a game that does not work in GJ. I have three games out of 20 so far that do not work in Game Jackal (NFS Underground, Far Cry and F.E.A.R.).. I got them from e-bay from Europe.... looks like I will have to buy US games in the future for the profiles to work.

The ones that go missing I then have to re-add using "Profile Management" "New Profile" and selecting the correct profile and adding the correct info. Use the following folders and open the corrupt "maplom.lib" file to look for matches
..\Game Jackal\Profile Maps\Collections
..\Game Jackal\Profile Library
Then delete any old duplicate profile Collection files and matching Profile Library files.
Hope they fix it, as it is a lot of looking about in folders and cut and paste.

p.s. there seems to be some junk about "Serious Sam 2" in the "maplom.lib" file.. maybe this is what is causing the problems as I do not even have this game.

oh, and i am using the beta 3.0.0.1 version

Last edited by a moderator:
The fix as posted in the other thread should have fixed the issue. You could try one of the other maplom.lib_x files

FYI these are backups of the GJ profiles with maplom.lib_1 being the newest and maplom.lib_5 being the oldest.

Should have, but didn't. I just started over again after giving the previous suggestion fifteen more trys.

v3 should do a better job at preventing this. We are also making further changes in this area for the next release. Hopefully this issue will be a thing of the past.

Back