• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

All Passion Spent: Unable to crack CSS Keys

Kirben

I get a 'AnyDVD is unable to crack all CSS Keys on this disc!' message when trying to rip the UK DVD release of All Passion Spent to harddisk.

I'm using AnyDVD 8.0.9.4. on Windows 7 SP1 (x64).

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.9.4_Info_E_ALL_PASSION_SPENT.ziplog
    158.4 KB · Views: 8
Hmmmm....
They are gonna have to look at this one.
Your drive is set to Region 4, and it's a Region 2 disk.
Usually that's not an issue............ but...........
-W

The error code, 5:6f:4, in the logs signifies a region mismatch. Does the same issue occur with your Pioneer BDR-205?

Last edited:
I'm going to have to defer to someone more knowledgeable (ie @James, @Pete, etc). If this were a Matshita drive I wouldn't be surprised but both a Pioneer BDR-205 and BDR-209? That surprises me. I personally own both a BDR-205 and two BDR-2209s (aka BDR-209M, aka BDR-209UBK) and I've never run into such an issue.

I get a 'AnyDVD is unable to crack all CSS Keys on this disc!
James knows more about DVDs, but what I can say is: a region code mismatch is effectively the same thing as an unset drive region - in both cases, the drive will refuse to deliver the required title keys.
The only reason why an unset drive region is worse, is that this will happen with all discs, regardless of the disc region.

In those cases, AnyDVD has to crack the CSS keys, which usually works, unless there's not enough encrypted material to work on.
But this doesn't necessarily mean, that the copy will fail entirely.

I get a 'AnyDVD is unable to crack all CSS Keys on this disc!' message when trying to rip the UK DVD release of All Passion Spent to harddisk.

I'm using AnyDVD 8.0.9.4. on Windows 7 SP1 (x64).
Does the disc play correctly (including menus) with DVD player software (like PowerDVD) while AnyDVD is running?

Does the disc play correctly (including menus) with DVD player software (like PowerDVD) while AnyDVD is running?
There is a problem with the copyright warning and Network/BBC logos at the start of the disc, they have pixelated glitches.

The three episodes on the disc seem to play without any issues, although I only fast forwarded through to check.

There is a problem with the copyright warning and Network/BBC logos at the start of the disc, they have pixelated glitches.

The three episodes on the disc seem to play without any issues, although I only fast forwarded through to check.
This seems to be the problem, the "still frames" (or very short clips) simply don't offer enough "material" for a brute force attack. Maybe you can cut them away with AnyDVD's or CloneDVD's mastering options.

Back