• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

All DVD's Failing to Rip FileIO 3 errors

Motodragon2009

I have tried at least 20 different DVD's in the past week and every single one of them fails with a FileIO 3 error. I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled. I've cleaned out the storage location and even purchased a 4TB drive to replace the 1 TB drive I was using before. I know most likely none of the drive size was an issue but I suspected maybe there were bad sectors on the drive itself.

The exact error right now I'm seeing is FileIO 3 VTS_01_1.VOB 1189541888 526336

Here is the log file of one example

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.8.0_Info_E_PIXELS.ziplog
    130.3 KB · Views: 3
If every disc you are trying is getting read errors, you have two options.
1) Either EVERY disc is defective
2) The drive reading them is defective (laser dying)

From the log:
WARNING: Read errors on disc!
11.69s: read sectors failed, sense 0:0:0
11.69s: read error 2615965 to 2615966, max 3620945, io->read_error 0
11.69s: Reading sector 2615965 failed, final 3620945

The drive (laser lens) might also be dirty. You can try a laser lens cleaning disc.

Roger that, I bought a cleaning disk and no change, so I'm going to get another drive and if that doesnt work.....I'll be back!

It was a bad drive. I replaced it and burned almost all of the DVD's no problem, still have issues with a couple but, chopping that up to bad disc's as they are used.

Back