• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Alias Season 2 Disc 1 - Region 1 - Worked years ago, but fails with 7.3.8.x

burzvingion

Several years ago, I successfully ripped all my Alias box sets. I believe at the time the latest AnyDVD was 6.5.x.x or 6.6.x.x. Due to a drive failure, I lost those rips and recently decided to re-rip them. All the discs from seasons 1-4 (I don't have the 5th season) worked fine, but disc 1 from season 2 has corrupted video and audio. When cleaning the disc failed to improve things, I thought maybe I had a bad disc, so I borrowed a friend's copy and it had the exact same problem.

Here is an example of what the video looks like when played with VLC:

vlcsnap-2013-12-19-16h56m18s191.jpg

I've tried both discs with 2 different drives (a BD-ROM/DVD burner combo drive, and older DVD burner). The discs cannot be played by VLC, TMT5, or MPC, and attempts to transcode the disc with Handbrake fail before finishing. Ripping the disc with AnyDVD succeeds, but the VIDEO_TS folder has the same problems as trying to play directly from the disc.

I've tried AnyDVD 7.3.8.0 and the 7.3.8.1 beta; both have the problem. I've tried with all DVD feature removal settings enabled, all disabled, just CSS Mastering Errors disabled (default setting), mastering errors and unreadable sectors disabled, and various other configurations, but none work.

When AnyDVD is not running at all, however, both discs play perfectly.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.3.8.1_Info_F_ALIAS_SEASON_2.ziplog
    152.4 KB · Views: 3
Fixed with newer firmware

After updating my BD/DVD combo drive firmware to the latest version, this disc is working with AnyDVD again. I must have been using a different drive from the two I have now when I ripped it originally. Still, it is strange that it only happened with one disc out of the series, and that it worked fine when AnyDVD wasn't running.... I guess it's just a rare edge case.

Several years ago, I successfully ripped all my Alias box sets. I believe at the time the latest AnyDVD was 6.5.x.x or 6.6.x.x. Due to a drive failure, I lost those rips and recently decided to re-rip them. All the discs from seasons 1-4 (I don't have the 5th season) worked fine, but disc 1 from season 2 has corrupted video and audio. When cleaning the disc failed to improve things, I thought maybe I had a bad disc, so I borrowed a friend's copy and it had the exact same problem.

Here is an example of what the video looks like when played with VLC:

View attachment 23775

I've tried both discs with 2 different drives (a BD-ROM/DVD burner combo drive, and older DVD burner). The discs cannot be played by VLC, TMT5, or MPC, and attempts to transcode the disc with Handbrake fail before finishing. Ripping the disc with AnyDVD succeeds, but the VIDEO_TS folder has the same problems as trying to play directly from the disc.

I've tried AnyDVD 7.3.8.0 and the 7.3.8.1 beta; both have the problem. I've tried with all DVD feature removal settings enabled, all disabled, just CSS Mastering Errors disabled (default setting), mastering errors and unreadable sectors disabled, and various other configurations, but none work.

When AnyDVD is not running at all, however, both discs play perfectly.
Please set your drive region code.

Back