• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Aladdin (live action)

DVD_Tinker

AnyDVD says it worked, and the Windows DVD player starts playing,
but the ripper fails to copy

upload_2019-9-14_22-50-55.png

Note: ripper has worked for many, many, DVDs with prior AnyDVD versions. For example, today these same versions worked with Shazam

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-14_22-49-21.png
    upload_2019-9-14_22-49-21.png
    62.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Oh, please set your drive region code.

No problems with this Disney Title. James is absolutely Right. The region Code on your drives must be set for AnyDVD to work right.

Thanks I did not expect AnyDVD to 'lie' to me about the region code: I assumed it was reporting the set value (see request)

However, setting the region, exiting AnyDVD, then a full PC reboot, made no difference. Is there yet another place to set the region?
log attached

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-15_8-10-54.png
    upload_2019-9-15_8-10-54.png
    180.5 KB · Views: 15
  • AnyDVD_8.3.9.0_Info_D_ALADDIN.ziplog
    147.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks I did not expect AnyDVD to 'lie' to me about the region code: I assumed it was reporting the set value (see request)

However, setting the region, exiting AnyDVD, then a full PC reboot, made no difference. Is there yet another place to set the region?
log attached
I have no idea, why your program reports this. You can ask the makers of this program, or rip with AnyDVD first and use the program with these files.

Yeah, it is weird. Just started happening.
I assumed it was a new encryption, but BunnyRip confirms AnyDVD does work with this disc.
And, I assume, the AnyDVD logs don't point to any issues (I cannot read those).

The remaining likely possibility is a Windows update from Microsoft.
(the only changes I know of in the last week: AnyDVD update, new disc, and OS updates)

In my experience if processing a DVD other than using AnyDVD's built-in ripper or CloneDVD2 likely requires ripping the DVD to HD first and then pointing 3rd party software to the folder created.

I routinely rip to HD, use VobBlanker to remove menu items I don't want if possible, and then run that through DVDShrink to ensure the files are fully DVD compliant.

A bit more work, but a system I worked up over the years to get a DVD the way I want.

Just to tie a bow on it...

Got my hands on the disc again - issue still there (repeatable).
however, did rip to HD (as suggested) and convert from there. Success!

also, had the BluRay of Aladdin too - was able to convert it directly - no rip to HD needed.

so, while not able to watch on the iPhone on a road trip, did eventually get a viable process (now to investigate CloneDVD)

Just to tie a bow on it...

also, had the BluRay of Aladdin too - was able to convert it directly - no rip to HD needed.

so, while not able to watch on the iPhone on a road trip, did eventually get a viable process (now to investigate CloneDVD)
I'd try out CloneDVDmobile, and if that doesn't work then please try VSO Software for their DVD Converter program.

It can convert a ripped DVD (from AnyDVD, of course) into formats like MKV. It has a trial period.

You can use that if you can't get a trial version of CloneDVDmobile (also sold by RedFox, which is also recommended to convert into an iPhone compatible format) to work out for you.

:)

CloneDVD 2.9.3.4 make life Much Easier! :)

I'm an old dog that hates "new tricks" - LOL
I have AnyDVD set to report for each disc.
If I see "found and removed structural copy protection", I use the AnyDVD ripper on that disc first.
A HUGE selling point of AnyDVD is that it will work with ALL processing programs. It's not failed me yet. (save for the debacle re. SawIII LOL)

Last edited:

See my reply to Bunnyrip2 please. All problems will end.
-W

I am also an Old Dog, but willing to try New Tricks on occasion, if it makes life easier! To each His/Her own IMHO.

I'm an old dog that hates "new tricks" - LOL
I have AnyDVD set to report for each disc.
If I see "found and removed structural copy protection", I use the AnyDVD ripper on that disc first.
A HUGE selling point of AnyDVD is that it will work with ALL processing programs. It's not failed me yet. (save for the debacle re. SawIII LOL)

I have a problem with a DVD that showed "found and removed structural copy protection."

What do you mean by "the AnyDVD ripper?" I don't see any buttons or menu options to rip anything.

What do you mean by "the AnyDVD ripper?" I don't see any buttons or menu options to rip anything.
If you right-click the AnyDVD icon in the "hidden icons" you have the options to "Rip video disc to harddisk" and "Rip to Image".

You can also go to the Windows Start Menu/All Programs/Redfox/Anydvd Ripper or AnyDVD Image Ripper. They are there if you look for them. And if you are having an issue with a disc, an AnyDVD log would be needed. Also found when you right-click the AnyDVD icon (Create Logfile).

For DVD, Rip video disc to harddisk is recommended for several reasons. For Bluray, either method is OK.

Maybe we need a separate thread for "structural copy protection" as it seems to recur in multiple threads.

I have a DVD burned from a Comcast CISCO DVR to a Sony DVD burner. Plays back fine on the Sony machine that made it, but has no sound when played on any other machine.

Log from reading it the first time with AnyDVD (latest 8.4.2.0 release, not beta):

Summary for drive J: (AnyDVD HD 8.4.2.0, BDPHash.bin 19-09-17)
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS70 EX00
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
Current profile: DVD+R
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd+r (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 1136448 sectors (2219 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: SONY_DVD_RECORDER_VOLUME
Media is not CSS protected.
Media is region free.
Video Standard: NTSC

Found & removed structural copy protection!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 8 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

At this point, it still plays with no sound. Someone on another thread mentioned using CloneDVD first, then AnyDVD. After I ran CloneDVD, AnyDVD reported the following:

Summary for drive J: (AnyDVD HD 8.4.2.0, BDPHash.bin 19-09-17)
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS70 EX00
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
Current profile: DVD+R
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 1114352 sectors (2176 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: SONY_DVD_RECORDER_VOLUME
Media is not CSS protected.
Media is region free.
Video Standard: NTSC

Structural copy protection not found.
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

So, it has changed, but still plays with no sound.

Of course, I did not really start with CloneDVD, because AnyDVD was still running. I guess I could disable AnyDVD, start over, use CloneDVD first, etc.

Any other suggestions? Unfortunately, about to get on a plane and when I return I will have 1 day left on my 21-day trial periods for AnyDVD and CloneDVD, and if this problem is not fixed the products are not worth buying for my use.

Anydvd has no impact on audio at all. It cannot modify audio streams or prevent them from having audio. Feel free to test that but paint them with anydvd disabled.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Maybe we need a separate thread for "structural copy protection" as it seems to recur in multiple threads.
Structural protection has nothing to do with sound.
I have a DVD burned from a Comcast CISCO DVR to a Sony DVD burner. Plays back fine on the Sony machine that made it, but has no sound when played on any other machine.
So, it has changed, but still plays with no sound.
If you really want to troubleshoot whether it is an AnyDVD issue, use the "Rip video disc to harddisk" and rip the disc to your hard drive. Using Windows Media Player, Windows Media Center, Media Player Classic, etc., play back that rip and see if it works correctly. As Ch3vr0n mentioned, AnyDVD does NOT touch the audio.

And...according to the AnyDVD status, there is no protection at all and you shouldn't need AnyDVD at all to copy it. Sometimes on discs with NO protection, AnyDVD "sees" things that are not really there and it is necessary to copy/rip the disc with AnyDVD disabled.

And...this really has nothing to do with Aladdin and should be in it's own thread. Since this has been made with a DVR, are you sure the disc meets the DVD standards, which is why it only plays in the device that made it? Can you post an AnyDVD log from the disc?

Last edited:
Structural protection has nothing to do with sound.

If you really want to troubleshoot whether it is an AnyDVD issue, use the "Rip video disc to harddisk" and rip the disc to your hard drive. Using Windows Media Player, Windows Media Center, Media Player Classic, etc., play back that rip and see if it works correctly. As Ch3vr0n mentioned, AnyDVD does NOT touch the audio.

And...according to the AnyDVD status, there is no protection at all and you shouldn't need AnyDVD at all to copy it. Sometimes on discs with NO protection, AnyDVD "sees" things that are not really there and it is necessary to copy/rip the disc with AnyDVD disabled.

And...this really has nothing to do with Aladdin and should be in it's own thread. Since this has been made with a DVR, are you sure the disc meets the DVD standards, which is why it only plays in the device that made it? Can you post an AnyDVD log from the disc?

I did post AnyDVD logs that showed the disk had structural copy protection (removed) and bad sector protections (fixed). Look at the first log. The second log shows no protections, because the first AnyDVD run removed them.

I will open a new thread soon. Probably wait until I return home and experiment with different blank DVD disks. It could just be the standard DVD burner problem with producing disks that are incompatible with other DVD players. But it does start out with copy protections, as the first log shows.

I did post AnyDVD logs that showed the disk had structural copy protection (removed) and bad sector protections (fixed). Look at the first log. The second log shows no protections, because the first AnyDVD run removed them.

I will open a new thread soon. Probably wait until I return home and experiment with different blank DVD disks. It could just be the standard DVD burner problem with producing disks that are incompatible with other DVD players. But it does start out with copy protections, as the first log shows.
No, as I said, AnyDVD shows things sometimes that aren't really there on discs with no protection. If there is any protection, it would be in the form of some type of DRM from the DVR. AnyDVD most likely would not handle that anyway.

If you want to make sure, EXIT AnyDVD and just use CloneDVD to rip the disc. If CloneDVD works normally and doesn't give an error, then there is no protection.

Back