Aladdin (live action)

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by DVD_Tinker, Sep 15, 2019.

1. DVD_Tinker

DVD_Tinker Member

AnyDVD says it worked, and the Windows DVD player starts playing,
    but the ripper fails to copy

upload_2019-9-14_22-50-55.png

Note: ripper has worked for many, many, DVDs with prior AnyDVD versions. For example, today these same versions worked with Shazam

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  2. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Oh, please set your drive region code.

3. Bunnyrip2

Bunnyrip2 Well-Known Member

No problems with this Disney Title. James is absolutely Right. The region Code on your drives must be set for AnyDVD to work right.

4. DVD_Tinker

DVD_Tinker Member

Thanks I did not expect AnyDVD to 'lie' to me about the region code: I assumed it was reporting the set value (see request)

However, setting the region, exiting AnyDVD, then a full PC reboot, made no difference. Is there yet another place to set the region?
    log attached

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2019
  5. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

I have no idea, why your program reports this. You can ask the makers of this program, or rip with AnyDVD first and use the program with these files.

6. DVD_Tinker

DVD_Tinker Member

Yeah, it is weird. Just started happening.
    I assumed it was a new encryption, but BunnyRip confirms AnyDVD does work with this disc.
    And, I assume, the AnyDVD logs don't point to any issues (I cannot read those).

The remaining likely possibility is a Windows update from Microsoft.
    (the only changes I know of in the last week: AnyDVD update, new disc, and OS updates)

7. FurryGuy

FurryGuy Well-Known Member

In my experience if processing a DVD other than using AnyDVD's built-in ripper or CloneDVD2 likely requires ripping the DVD to HD first and then pointing 3rd party software to the folder created.

I routinely rip to HD, use VobBlanker to remove menu items I don't want if possible, and then run that through DVDShrink to ensure the files are fully DVD compliant.

A bit more work, but a system I worked up over the years to get a DVD the way I want.

8. Bunnyrip2

CloneDVD 2.9.3.4 make life Much Easier! :)

whatever_gong82 likes this.
  9. DVD_Tinker

DVD_Tinker Member

Just to tie a bow on it...

Got my hands on the disc again - issue still there (repeatable).
    however, did rip to HD (as suggested) and convert from there. Success!

also, had the BluRay of Aladdin too - was able to convert it directly - no rip to HD needed.

so, while not able to watch on the iPhone on a road trip, did eventually get a viable process (now to investigate CloneDVD)

10. whatever_gong82

whatever_gong82 Well-Known Member

I'd try out CloneDVDmobile, and if that doesn't work then please try VSO Software for their DVD Converter program.

It can convert a ripped DVD (from AnyDVD, of course) into formats like MKV. It has a trial period.

You can use that if you can't get a trial version of CloneDVDmobile (also sold by RedFox, which is also recommended to convert into an iPhone compatible format) to work out for you.

:)

11. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

I'm an old dog that hates "new tricks" - LOL
    I have AnyDVD set to report for each disc.
    If I see "found and removed structural copy protection", I use the AnyDVD ripper on that disc first.
    A HUGE selling point of AnyDVD is that it will work with ALL processing programs. It's not failed me yet. (save for the debacle re. SawIII LOL)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  12. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

See my reply to Bunnyrip2 please. All problems will end.
    -W

13. Bunnyrip2

I am also an Old Dog, but willing to try New Tricks on occasion, if it makes life easier! To each His/Her own IMHO.