• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Akira - CSS Protection

nutty

Greetings. I have come across two DVDs today that state it cant crack the CSS protection and will guess. One was Akira and the other was Underworld Awakening.

Can anyone explain. I would provide a log file, if I new the location of the logs, i looked in expected locations but nothing was found.

How To Create A Logfile And Post On Forum.
Ensure Anydvd is running.
  1. Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
  2. Right click the red fox icon on your system tray (to the lower right).
  3. Select "Create Logfile"
  4. Wait for Anydvd to create a log file. In some circumstances this might take 5 minutes or longer.
  5. A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile "Anydvd_Info_<xxxxxxx>.ziplog" (or something similar)
  6. Click "ok". A Windows Explorer will open. You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.ziplog"
  7. Click "Create new topic" on the top or bottom right of a forum section. (If You Have Already Created A New Topic For That Issue. Please Post In That Thread.)
  8. Describe the problem
  9. Below the text box you will see 3 buttons. Click the middle one that states "Upload File".
  10. A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the RedFox forums)
  11. Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .ziplog file you created.
  12. Wait for the progress indicator in the top right corner to finish. Then click "Close"
  13. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .ziplog file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at.
But I would say it's likely the Region Coding of the drive has not been set by the user.

AnyDvDHD must NOT BE RUNNING to set correctly.

Greetings. I have come across two DVDs today that state it cant crack the CSS protection and will guess. One was Akira and the other was Underworld Awakening.

Can anyone explain. I would provide a log file, if I new the location of the logs, i looked in expected locations but nothing was found.
Most likely if you get that message you have to exit anydvd and set your region on your drive!!!

Thank you for the reply's.
I have been using AnyDVD for a very very long time and never seen this error, nor have I ever had an issues with AnyDVD not functioning properly. I have never set the region code on any DVD/BD drive that I have ever used.
Until Saturday I had been using AnyDVD v7460. The only reason I decided to upgrade to a newer was that it was not able to read a BluRay, so I decided upgrade. I had never seen the error on previous versions, only since new version.

This is a brand new copy of Akira. I purchased it on Saturday, only because I cant rip a VHS and the DVD version I have has a couple scratches on it, so when I saw this in the store, I bought a brand new copy of it. This goes for the second disc I had the issue with Underworld, awakening.

Let me know if you need any more detail.

I do appreciate the replys.

Attachments

• Error.JPG
    Error.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 5
  • AnyDVD_8.1.2.0_Info_D_Akira Disc 1.ziplog
    142.2 KB · Views: 4
From the log:

HL-DT-ST BD-REWH14NS40 1.02 N000100SIK99H2RA470 Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

As stated, you need to set your drive hardware region. EXIT AnyDVD completely before you do, or it will fail. Then try again.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Thank you for the reply. But i must refuse to set the region code. As stated this issue only came to light on two DVDs once i upgraded to the newest version of AnyDVD. This was not an issue with previous versions of the software. This is an issue with AnyDVDs inability to crack the CSS protection on the disc which tje programmers need to look at. Please keep in mind, i have been using AnyDVD for more that 10 years. This also would interfer with 60% of my movies, as they are not region 1 dvds or region A BD, they are region's 2,3 and 6 DVDs and region C BD. Hardware has not changed, only the software. Thank you for the quick response though. I will revert back to previous version of the software. Have a good day.

This issue has actually been present since the beginning of AnyDVD. It's not a "change".
Those of us who inhabit these forums see it way more often than you think. Your turn finally came up is all.
I doubt a previous version will solve this - no harm trying though.
Usually AnyDVD can "brute force" crack CSS keys - even with a region mismatched drive.
But if the title it's trying to crack is too short to get enough sample to crack (like a small menu) - then only a region match will fix it.
So.... Since the Main Movie likely has no CSS issues - you can rip that out OK.
-W

Then we can help you no further. Without a set drive region AnyDVD has to brute force guess the decryption keys. This works most of the time but not always. This is NOT an issue with AnyDVD. You were just lucky until now, we see this issue on the forums daily. We advise to set the region and the 'problem' goes away miraculously. This is not a problem of 'if' it will happen to you but 'WHEN'! Sooner or later an unset region will trigger decryption problems.

As to your bd's it's not a problem at all. Blu-ray regions are stored at the DISC level, not the drive level.

Reverting to previous versions won't make any difference at all. It's up to you.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

A similar situation.
Hi,

Region setting of my DVD drive is set to region 2 as with default setting of AnyDVD HD

Normally play region 2 disc's.

Have a Region 1 disc which i want to rip, and have software tab ticked for regional code removal.

Do i reset default region code to 1 or just leave as 2 ?

Many Thanks.

Answers Per the Lead Developer.

You should set it to 1, and you can leave it there. This setting is only important for RCE discs, which AFAIK only exist in Region 1.
See the "right mouse click" help.

The "default advice" is to set the physical drive for the region you are in and set AnyDVD to the region of the disc in case of RCE (which only exists in Region 1, so you can leave it at 1).

Pretty much the same for Blu-ray: You set AnyDVD to the region of the *disc*.

Thank you for the reply. But i must refuse to set the region code.
Why? It is a misunderstanding, that setting the drive's region code makes things worse. It doesn't.
If you don't set the region code, playing a DVD from region 1, 2, 3 or 6 will cause a 100% region mismatch, where AnyDVD must perform a brute force attack. Setting it to one of your preferred regions, you will have at least this region "covered", and decryption will be faster, too.
The other regions will still work (with AnyDVD) the way they did before (brute force).
So, pick the region you use most.

Back