• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AI Scanner

Here is the difference: In my test CloneDVD2 shows snapshots. So again, please send an AnyDVD_Info file, so I can check if your version of the disc is different.

a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

Hi!

I do still have a question concerning "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" (region 2, ALPHA-DVD):
I used a version that was released before James fixed the issue with the AI scanner enabled (-> "Clone Spec 0" error in CloneDVD 2). To avoid this error in CloneDVD 2 I deactivated the AI scanner and copied the DVD without problems.

The difference between AI scanner enabled and disabled was that when the scanner was ENABLED there were detected 8 potential bad sector protections. When the scanner was DISABLED there were not detected any bad sector protections.

As I wrote above I had the AI scanner DISABLED (so there were not detected any potential bad sector protections) and used CloneDVD 2.
Do you think this had had any negative consequences for the copy (for example while watching the film)?

Additional note:
If I scan the copy with AnyDVD there are not found any copy protections, both AI scanner enabled and AI scanner disabled.

(James, would be nice if you answered my question :) / thx for that in advance)

Hi!

I do still have a question concerning "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" (region 2, ALPHA-DVD):
I used a version that was released before James fixed the issue with the AI scanner enabled (-> "Clone Spec 0" error in CloneDVD 2). To avoid this error in CloneDVD 2 I deactivated the AI scanner and copied the DVD without problems.

The difference between AI scanner enabled and disabled was that when the scanner was ENABLED there were detected 8 potential bad sector protections. When the scanner was DISABLED there were not detected any bad sector protections.

As I wrote above I had the AI scanner DISABLED (so there were not detected any potential bad sector protections) and used CloneDVD 2.
Do you think this had had any negative consequences for the copy (for example while watching the film)?
No.

CONCERNING "Apocalypto" (region 2)
I burned the DVD again (AnyDVD 6.1.9.6, CloneDVD 2) while AI scanner was enabled and now it works fine!!
I can not understand why it did not work at the first time, although I had everywhere the same settings?! The solely difference was that I cleaned the original DVD with some water (although the disc was not very dirty).

If I scan the copy with AI scanner ENABLED / DISABLED I get the following message
AI scanner ENABLED:

Video DVD (or CD) label: DVDVolume
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: PAL
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!

AI scanner DISABLED:
Video DVD (or CD) label: DVDVolume
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: PAL
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 1 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!

It should not exist any copy protection on the copy since AI scanner found it on the original disc and removed it...??

How should I go on when I want to copy the copy (shall I use AnyDVD or not)? And will there be any copy protections then on the second copy?? (This question is just for theory, I do not intend copying the disc twice)

Last edited:
It should not exist any copy protection on the copy since AI scanner found it on the original disc and removed it...??
No, this perfectly normal.

Back