• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AI Scanner

I'm talking about Apocalypto.

nevermind

O.K. I was describing Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

Look the problem with Apocalypto was following:
I had the AI Scanner ENABLED when I created the .iso - file with CloneDVD 2. The first issue was that there weren't any Snapshots in CloneDVD 2 while creating .iso - file. When I burned the .iso-file with CloneDVD 2 and wanted to watch the movie, there couldn't be selected any elements of the menu except Watch The Movie... But there were only severe pixel issues so the DVD - Player stopped playing...
Then I tried to create an .iso-file while having the AI Scanner DISABLED but it failed due to CloneDVD 2 sayed CSS Error...

I had the AI Scanner ENABLED when I created the .iso - file with CloneDVD 2. The first issue was that there weren't any Snapshots in CloneDVD 2 while creating .iso - file. When I burned the .iso-file with CloneDVD 2 and wanted to watch the movie, there couldn't be selected any elements of the menu except Watch The Movie... But there were only severe pixel issues so the DVD - Player stopped playing...
Then I tried to create an .iso-file while having the AI Scanner DISABLED but it failed due to CloneDVD 2 sayed CSS Error...

This is Apocalypto German version??? I am confident that I have checked this with the AI scanner, but I'll try again next week.

You should be able to answer this yourself... :D

Sorry, but I'm not a technician. I just want the programs working... ;) So is the problem with AnyDVD/AI Scanner or CloneDVD 2?

This is Apocalypto German version??? I am confident that I have checked this with the AI scanner, but I'll try again next week.

Yes! It's the German version! I tried everything but the guys from "Constantin Films" are too tricky for me....

Last edited:

Yes.

And I'm saying I think the issue is related to you not using Verbatim +R DL (made in Singapore) or possibly your burner's firmware (in other words, I think you're getting a bad burn).

You can simply try creating an image in Clonecd. (Don't use Clonedvd at the moment, especially with +R DL discs. You and I both know there's a layer break bug with Clonedvd.) Then mount that image in Virtual Clonedrive. Watch the mounted image on your computer using Powerdvd or whatever. If there's no problem, then the problem isn't Anydvd.

Last edited:
Yes.

And I'm saying I think the issue is related to you not using Verbatim +R DL (made in Singapore), or possibly your burner's firmware (in other words, I think you're getting a bad burn).

I don't think so... Or how do explain that CloneDVD 2 doesn't show me any snapshots?? (Apocalypto is the first movie ever I had that phenomenon in CloneDVD 2!)

Yes! It's the German version! I tried everything but the guys from "Constantin Films" are too tricky for me....

No, they certainly are not... must be a bug that slipped in during the last release. I am sure it'll be a simple fix.

I don't think so... Or how do explain that CloneDVD 2 doesn't show me any snapshots?? (Apocalypto is the first movie ever I had that phenomenon in CloneDVD 2!)

snapshots?

Oh, the preview window doesn't work with the original disc?

O.k., I'm not sure what's going on then.

snapshots?

Oh, the preview window doesn't work with the original disc?

O.k., I'm not sure what's going on then.

Yeah that's right.

I'm sure James will fix the bug. :agree:

No, they certainly are not... must be a bug that slipped in during the last release. I am sure it'll be a simple fix.

O.K. You are really the best! ;)
But it would be nice if you could mentioned it in the forum if you successfully fix the bugs with "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" and "Apocalypto". ;)

It is a bug in the structural correction.

Sorry guys, but I wasn't able to understand whether CloneDVD 2 or the AI Scanner was responsible for the problem with "Mr. and Mrs. Smith"...:(

Sorry guys, but I wasn't able to understand whether CloneDVD 2 or the AI Scanner was responsible for the problem with "Mr. and Mrs. Smith"...:(

If you disable the AI scanner, and it works .... hmmm ... :)

Sorry, I cannot reproduce this problem. Apocalypto (German) works just fine (AI Scanner must be enabled).
Please post an AnyDVD_Info file.

Sorry, I cannot reproduce this problem. Apocalypto (German) works just fine (AI Scanner must be enabled).
Please post an AnyDVD_Info file.

I had the AI Scanner enabled and used AnyDVD 6.1.9.6.

I scanned the COPIED DVD with AnyDVD and AI Scanner enabled and it told me following:
Found & removed structural copy protection!

But this shouldn't be the case because AnyDVD removes every protection...???

James, did you also copied the DVD or did you just created an .iso file?
&
did you used CloneDVD 2?

(If you want so, I will post the .ifo - files, but the next few days I will be very busy...)

I had the AI Scanner enabled and used AnyDVD 6.1.9.6.

I scanned the COPIED DVD with AnyDVD and AI Scanner enabled and it told me following:
Found & removed structural copy protection!
How did you copy it? CloneDVD? CloneCD?

But this shouldn't be the case because AnyDVD removes every protection...???
No, this can happen, don't worry.

EDIT: Please tell me again, step by step, what you did and what problem you are having (I remember something of black previews?), so a stupid person like myself can reproduce it. Posting an AnyDVD_Info log might help to check, if your original disc is different from mine.

How did you copy it? CloneDVD? CloneCD?

I used CloneDVD 2.9.1.2.

No, this can happen, don't worry.

Thought this would be only the case when using CloneCD...

EDIT: Please tell me again, step by step, what you did and what problem you are having (I remember something of black previews?), so a stupid person like myself can reproduce it. Posting an AnyDVD_Info log might help to check, if your original disc is different from mine.

O.K.:

1.) I scanned the DVD "Apocalypto" (German version, R2) with AnyDVD 6.1.9.6. while the AI scanner was set on "very fast (recommended)".
2.) I started CloneDVD 2.9.1.2. and selected "Clone DVD - copies all DVD-titles and the original menu".
3.) I selected the DVD and I selected also "DVD+/-R DL" for quality.
4.) I selected the place where CloneDVD 2 should save the .iso-file and started creating an .iso-file.
5.) But I was wondering why CloneDVD 2 didn't show me any "snapshot" (I don't know how it is called in the English version, but you can find it exactly under the phrase "creating ISO/UDF image...")
6.) So after the .iso-file was created I burned it with CloneDVD 2 (and I deactivated AnyDVD).
7.) After it was complete I wanted to watch the movie with my DVD-player on television and the menu came without problems. BUT: I wasn't able to select "specials", "scenes" and "language"... I was only able to select "play movie" but there were solely pixel problems and the player stopped.
8.) After that I analysed the copy with AnyDVD (AI scanner enabled) and it told me "Found & removed structural copy protection!".
9.) I tried to watch the movie on the pc both AnyDVD activated (AI scanner enabled/disabled) and AnyDVD deactivated but there were the same problems.

Additionally:
I tried to create an .iso-file with CloneDVD 2 the AI scanner being off but CloneDVD 2 wasn't able to create an .iso-file...

...so a stupid person like myself...

Don't offend yourself, there are people outside there who even don't know how a DVD looks like! ;)

Last edited:
1.) I scanned the DVD "Apocalypto" (German version, R2) with AnyDVD 6.1.9.6. while the AI scanner was set on "very fast (recommended)".
2.) I started CloneDVD 2.9.1.2. and selected "Clone DVD - copies all DVD-titles and the original menu".
3.) I selected the DVD and I selected also "DVD+/-R DL" for quality.
4.) I selected the place where CloneDVD 2 should save the .iso-file and started creating an .iso-file.
5.) But I was wondering why CloneDVD 2 didn't show me any "snapshot" (I don't know how it is called in the English version, but you can find it exactly under the phrase "creating ISO/UDF image...")
Here is the difference: In my test CloneDVD2 shows snapshots. So again, please send an AnyDVD_Info file, so I can check if your version of the disc is different.

Back