• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AI Scanner

most of the new protection schemes require the AI Scanner approach, they wouldn't work with the old approach.
i dont agree.AI Scanner was supposed to require AnyDVD to have LESS updates.
when AnyDVD didn't have AI Scanner,if a new-for example ArCCoS protected-disc came out that AnyDVD couldn't handle,you could be sure AnyDVD would soon be updated to combat it.you dont need AI Scanner (or DVDFab's PathPlayer) to copy dvd's.the old approach will still work (AnyDVD by itself without AI Scanner) except updates will be required for problem discs.
AnyDVD (even with AI Scanner) STILL has to be updated to combat new protections as many people (on here) cannot copy these (latest release) DVD's.
if a new release CAN be copied,it is (probably) due to the fact that a previous copy protection that AnyDVD could already handle was implemented,and not due to the AI Scanner combatting it.

Last edited:
One thing to keep in mind is that if Anydvd doesn't detect structural protection, the A.I. scanner isn't even active. On such occasions, disabling or enabling the A.I scanner (in Anydvd's UI) makes no difference.

Very useful information. The only thing I still do not understand is why the status report is sometimes different:
Scanning some DVD's (particularly 20th Century Fox) and AI scanner is enabled it does not find any protection. If it is disabled it shows Found and removed invalid VOBUs!.
The reason for this would be interesting to know since some users could be confused seeing this difference (although there is no difference because AI scanner is not active if there is no structural protection so invalid VOBUs will be removed in any case).

Very useful information. The only thing I still do not understand is why the status report is sometimes different:
Scanning some DVD's (particularly 20th Century Fox) and AI scanner is enabled it does not find any protection. If it is disabled it shows Found and removed invalid VOBUs!.

Yes, I've encountered this too - with AI enabled, it appears that there is NO special protection - just CSS, Region Coding, and PUOs. But when I check with AI disabled, then it shows there were invalid VOBUs. Since DVD Decrypter handles these types of discs just fine, I then turn to DVD Decrypter to make an .ISO/.MDS image file, and the log shows that it has indeed removed invalid VOBUs. This has become my normal operating procedure - load AnyDVD (I normally don't load it with the OS), enable it and check with both AI Scanning and without. If not exotic protection, turn to DVD Decrypter to make an image file and then burn to Verbatim DL media with ImgBurn. If more advanced structure protection is found I then either use CloneDVD or AnyDVD Ripper, clean up the output with PGCEdit, and then burn with ImgBurn.

So, I'm also curious why invalid VOBUs are not shown when AI Scanning is enabled...

Yes, I've encountered this too - with AI enabled, it appears that there is NO special protection - just CSS, Region Coding, and PUOs. But when I check with AI disabled, then it shows there were invalid VOBUs. Since DVD Decrypter handles these types of discs just fine, I then turn to DVD Decrypter to make an .ISO/.MDS image file, and the log shows that it has indeed removed invalid VOBUs. This has become my normal operating procedure - load AnyDVD (I normally don't load it with the OS), enable it and check with both AI Scanning and without. If not exotic protection, turn to DVD Decrypter to make an image file and then burn to Verbatim DL media with ImgBurn. If more advanced structure protection is found I then either use CloneDVD or AnyDVD Ripper, clean up the output with PGCEdit, and then burn with ImgBurn.

So, I'm also curious why invalid VOBUs are not shown when AI Scanning is enabled...
Invalid VOBUs are in this case no protection, they just "hang around" and do no harm.

Back