• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AI scanner: scan depths

"I am not an on the fly decryption program developer".

Well, we can't all go to the moon.

I'm done. :) Sorry to turn the forum into chat. (Some people don't know nuffink about how to use a message board do they?)

(Some people don't know nuffink about how to use a message board do they?)

Damn straight! They think this is a place to chat and not a technical support forum.

I head some stupid moderator on the Slysoft boards named Buttslinger or something hijacks threads all the time.

LOL I hust think some get annoyed at it so I tend to sit quiet on most threads like this but hey this is a community and not just a support forum.

Thanks! I didn't realize that it had any potential to be harmful at all in the prior versions...I hope any of the problems I reported were not due to having it enabled! I'll listen to you and leave it off unless I find a problem with the output. tebugg conjectured that it does the equivalent of a deep scan, which seemed to be the answer with some titles on which thorough scanning didn't work, but under these AI Scanning selections, that may not have meaning any more... Only you know for sure! :)

I'm sure that Shoot 'Em Up is fine, as is the full disc copy I made with 6.3.0.1 and AnyDVD Ripper. I just wanted to verify it for my own edification, but I'll make that a low priority. I'll wait for Ratatouille - thanks! I'm glad to see you got the CloneDVD code in the ripper fixed...it was strange indeed.

After the new beta CloneDVD is released, I'll check to make sure it doesn't remove the audio tracks from the "filmed version" animatics in Shoot 'Em Up like it did with all versions I tried with it (6.3.0.1, 6.3.0.3 and 6.3.0.6). That seemed to be something unique to the full CloneDVD program code since the portion of it that is in the 6.3.0.1 AnyDVD Ripper worked fine...

Thanks for the personal attention you provide to your customers, James!

fordman
Please check out CloneDVD 2.9.1.3
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=12138

Great - thanks for the "heads up!"

I'll try it with both Ratatouille and Shoot 'Em Up, the two titles I had CloneDVD issues with.

I need to take the time to document it, but I also found some small issues with AnyDVD 6.3.0.8, but it appears that the output from it's AnyDVD ripper were not as cleaned up from the structure protection as was the ouput from the 6.3.0.1 AnyDVD Ripper. For example:

1. I found that I could not "seek" in PowerDVD on any title, meaning I could not click on the play bar to jump further into the title. This worked fine on the prior versions.

2. the title times on one of the special features (need to relook which one) as show as zero. 6.3.0.3 and 6.3.0.6 did this with all the titles/chapters on the first page of the animatics, and I believe there is still one remaining.

Now the good news: PGCEdit cleaned up both of these issues in the DVD. I looked and the UPOs were all zero when I first opened the DVD with PGCEdit, so I'm unsure what was causing the seek issue, as you would normally expect it due to a UPO that is set. PGCEdit also advised that 8 titlesets needed to have their time remapped and it rebuilt the time maps and restored the correct time to the one that was incorrectly zeroed.

There was also some PGCEdit warning about two titlesets (1 and 3) in the same VTS (something like that, I'll need to re-rip and capture the button), and PGCEdit stated something similar to "it is not explicitly clear whether this was allowed in DVD authoring...)

Perhaps running it through the full CloneDVD will help, but I'll try to do more research into the individual issues, which PGCEdit apparently fixed up in the AnyDVD Ripper output. It seems that the 6.3.0.1 AnyDVD Ripper output was less problematic on this particular DVD.

I need to take the time to document it, but I also found some small issues with AnyDVD 6.3.0.8

1. Please ensure logging is disabled in Anydvd 6.3.0.8. This is very important.

2. Ensure the A.I. scanner is set to default.

3. Check to ensure you're using the latest update for your version of Powerdvd.

4. Ensure "Remove annoying adverts and trailers" is disabled.

Concerning Shoot 'Em Up, Title 33 is just a bogus titleset. Nothing to worry about. I'm told even if you remove it, the backup still works fine: "Title 4 appears to be a duplicate of of the beginning of Title 1 - Chapter 1 of the movie and Title 33 appears to be nothing"
I'm pretty sure that as far as Slysoft is concerned the Shoot 'Em Up extra/bogus titles stuff is a non-issue, but it is possible the new Clonedvd beta removes some of the extra/duplicate non-referenced junk.

Last edited:
Now the good news: PGCEdit cleaned up both of these issues in the DVD. I looked and the UPOs were all zero when I first opened the DVD with PGCEdit, so I'm unsure what was causing the seek issue, as you would normally expect it due to a UPO that is set. PGCEdit also advised that 8 titlesets needed to have their time remapped and it rebuilt the time maps and restored the correct time to the one that was incorrectly zeroed.

Hi Fordman: I was debating about posting about this issue. I guess for the last week or so, I started looking at the output of AnyDVD Ripper with PGCEdit on a regular basis. Not that I have any issue with making backups, just more of a curiosity. Sometimes, I compare the output with that of DVDFab. In all cases, the output of AnyDVD Ripper causes PGCEdit to report bad time maps, and I go on to rebuild them, etc. I don't go any further because, quite frankly, I have no clue as to what I am doing and I do not see an effect one way or another.

I figured that one more observation can't hurt.

Great - thanks for the "heads up!"

I'll try it with both Ratatouille and Shoot 'Em Up, the two titles I had CloneDVD issues with.

I need to take the time to document it, but I also found some small issues with AnyDVD 6.3.0.8, but it appears that the output from it's AnyDVD ripper were not as cleaned up from the structure protection as was the ouput from the 6.3.0.1 AnyDVD Ripper. For example:

1. I found that I could not "seek" in PowerDVD on any title, meaning I could not click on the play bar to jump further into the title. This worked fine on the prior versions.
Is this only on the ripper output? Does seeking work when you play the original disc with AnyDVD running?

EDIT:
Don't look further, both AnyDVD ripper and CloneDVD 2913 beta have a bug, destroying the time maps... :(
The Swissboys must have done that. We'll fix that ASAP.

Thank you for finding the problem!

Last edited:
Is this only on the ripper output? Does seeking work when you play the original disc with AnyDVD running?

(1) The seek problem does not happen when viewing the original disc and AnyDVD running in the background. The status bar does appear working because the line does go across as the movie plays.
(2) It appears seek does not work on the AnyDVD ripper output using PowerDVD
(3) Seek does work on the output from CloneDVD 2.9.1.2
(4) Skip/Next functions fine on the AnyDVD ripper output with PowerDVD
(5) Seek does work when with the AnyDVD ripper output using KMPlayer & TheaterTek DVD.

I don't know the root cause of the problem but it appears to be specific to PowerDVD.

Edit: Well, I thought I had deleted this post b/c I posted it before the source of the problem was found. I'm unsure why the other program didn't suffer the problem PowerDVD did. I'd recommend using AnyDVD 6.3.0.8 beta and CloneDVD 2.9.1.2 in the meantime.

Last edited:
Back