• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AI scanner: scan depths

plato

Hi!
Is there really any difference between for example "Very Fast" and "Thorough"??

"The more thorough the scan is set, the longer it may take but it may be more accurate as well."
->So why is not "Deep Scan" the default setting??

Thx

Hi!
Is there really any difference between for example "Very Fast" and "Thorough"??

"The more thorough the scan is set, the longer it may take but it may be more accurate as well."
->So why is not "Deep Scan" the default setting??

Thx

I guess the emphasis is on "may". The majority of DVDs will be handled by the standard setting and there is no need to spend extra time. It's there for special occasions when needed

Now that Deep Scan is no longer an option (it's only enable/disable/automatic now) does that mean that deep level scans are no longer performed? Have we lost some functionality there, could someone explain?

It is simple isn't it? There is On or off or automatic.

On means it works constantly.

Off means it is disabled.

Automatic means it'll use it when it is needed.

Yes I saw that too just now. But the setting probably won't change though and will still be the same.

Please read my question again. Haven't we lost different levels of scan?

Lost the choice to choose yes. lost the scanning of the AI Scanner no. Slysoft is just trying to use the K.I.S.S. method that's all.

Keep It Simple Stupid.....K.I.S.S. :D

Please read my question again. Haven't we lost different levels of scan?

with logging enabled, the AI scanner acts in a different way than any other setting. so i'd venture to say with logging enabled the AI scanner does a deep scan. but logging enabled is only supposed to be for troubleshooting problems. hence the reason for the annoying popup msg u get when its enabled.

It is simple isn't it? There is On or off or automatic.

On means it works constantly.

Off means it is disabled.

Automatic means it'll use it when it is needed.
Yes, in theory... unfortunately 6.3.0.7 was broken, so the settings basically didn't work. 6.3.0.8 fixed this.

with logging enabled, the AI scanner acts in a different way than any other setting. so i'd venture to say with logging enabled the AI scanner does a deep scan. but logging enabled is only supposed to be for troubleshooting problems. hence the reason for the annoying popup msg u get when its enabled.

In the old versions 6.3.0.6 and before, I always had logging enabled, and that meant I always had the zip file handy. I also found it sometimes helpful to peek at the zip contents to examine the protection types.

So, was having logging enabled harmful on those prior versions and will it have harmful effects on the new version (and thus the warning)?

Regards,
fordman

P.S. I'll give Ratatouille and Shoot 'Em Up a try with 6.3.0.8!

In the old versions 6.3.0.6 and before, I always had logging enabled, and that meant I always had the zip file handy. I also found it sometimes helpful to peek at the zip contents to examine the protection types.

So, was having logging enabled harmful on those prior versions and will it have harmful effects on the new version (and thus the warning)?
With previous versions, logging wasn't as harmful as it is now, that's why I've added a warning which is intentionally annoying. ;)

P.S. I'll give Ratatouille and Shoot 'Em Up a try with 6.3.0.8!

Shoot 'Em up is fine. Ratatouille with AnyDVD ripper will be fine (Audio Test truncation problem). However, CloneDVD will probably truncate the Audio Test even on AnyDVD ripper's output, it needs to be updated (beta should be available this weekend, so you might want to wait)

With previous versions, logging wasn't as harmful as it is now, that's why I've added a warning which is intentionally annoying. ;)

Thanks! I didn't realize that it had any potential to be harmful at all in the prior versions...I hope any of the problems I reported were not due to having it enabled! I'll listen to you and leave it off unless I find a problem with the output. tebugg conjectured that it does the equivalent of a deep scan, which seemed to be the answer with some titles on which thorough scanning didn't work, but under these AI Scanning selections, that may not have meaning any more... Only you know for sure! :)

Shoot 'Em up is fine. Ratatouille with AnyDVD ripper will be fine (Audio Test truncation problem). However, CloneDVD will probably truncate the Audio Test even on AnyDVD ripper's output, it needs to be updated (beta should be available this weekend, so you might want to wait)

I'm sure that Shoot 'Em Up is fine, as is the full disc copy I made with 6.3.0.1 and AnyDVD Ripper. I just wanted to verify it for my own edification, but I'll make that a low priority. I'll wait for Ratatouille - thanks! I'm glad to see you got the CloneDVD code in the ripper fixed...it was strange indeed.

After the new beta CloneDVD is released, I'll check to make sure it doesn't remove the audio tracks from the "filmed version" animatics in Shoot 'Em Up like it did with all versions I tried with it (6.3.0.1, 6.3.0.3 and 6.3.0.6). That seemed to be something unique to the full CloneDVD program code since the portion of it that is in the 6.3.0.1 AnyDVD Ripper worked fine...

Thanks for the personal attention you provide to your customers, James!

fordman

with logging enabled, the AI scanner acts in a different way than any other setting. so i'd venture to say with logging enabled the AI scanner does a deep scan.
No, this is not entirely correct. It does a *different* scan with the purpose to create a more meaningful log output. This log output can be fed into my "AI scan simulator" to recreate a failed deprotection run, and hopefully correct it.

"With previous versions, logging wasn't as harmful as it is now, that's why I've added a warning which is intentionally annoying."

Why is the logging scan harmful?

Back